Status: Completed.

You Should've Been Here

And that was the moment I knew.

If you would have asked Vic a year ago where he would be now it would certainly not be where he was. In his wildest dreams he never pictured his life like this. Falling in love with his best friend and now sharing a home with her. It was like he was a completely different person then who he was 5 years ago.

The boy threw his backpack over his shoulder and adjusted his hat as he quickly walked to the door. Although he had only been gone a total of 2 days he was missing Madison more than imaginable. It was the first time they had really been apart and he hated it. He wasn't afraid to admit that.

He opened the door, allowing himself in. The house was quiet minus the soft sound of music and he grinned as he dropped his bag once he shut the door. The thought of being near her within seconds caused excitement to rise in his whole body.

"Madi?" He called out as he followed the music to the spare bedroom, which had now become their office of some sort.

The girl immediately looked up from her laptop as the boy stepped into the doorway.

"Vic." She breathed, not realizing how much she missed him until now.

"Are you going to stand there and stare at me or..."He whispered not bothering to move from his position at the door.

Before he could even think his next thought she was out of her seat and latched on to him.

"I missed you." She mumbled into his shoulder and he wrapped her in his arms.

"Not as much as I missed you, novio."

She looked up at him and he smiled happily as he brushed back her hair, "Hi."

"Hey."

He chuckled before crashing his lips to hers.

Her kisses. That's what he could never live without. That he was certain of.

"Never leave again." She mumbled placing her head against his chest.

"Trust me, being away from you has made me question a lot!"

She chuckled and he grasped her hand, "Come on."

"Where to?"

"The living room silly."

She chuckled as he walked her to the couch, pulling her down into his lap as soon as he sat down.

"Better." He grumbled against her shirt as he held onto her tightly.

"So how was it?"

"Pretty good actually. I wish you could hear it."

The group had began working on new music which means Vic was never certain how long he would be at home, but he loved the whole process of it.

"I can't wait."

"So I was thinking..."

Madison immediately groaned, "Oh no. What?"

"I was thinking we should find ourselves a house. This apartment is way too small for us."

She looked at him in thought and he continued trying to win her over to his idea.

"Just think about it. We'd have more space. Extra rooms for whoever..."

"For Mike?"

Vic laughed, "Possibly. And we won't have to be considerate of our neighbors like we are now."

"True..."

"It'll be great. So what do you say?"

"Ok, but we're looking together."

"Well of course." He smiled and she rolled her eyes,"The thought of moving already stresses me."

Vic let out a laugh causing his dark hair to fall into his eyes, "It will be fine. Promise. Why don't we do some research tomorrow and see what we can find?"

"Ok. I mean, how big of a house are you wanting?"

Vic shrugged, "I don't know. Maybe 3 bedrooms, a yard would be nice don't you think?"

"Yeah, but that's pretty spacey for just us."

Vic sighed and placed his fingers under her chin, making her look at him, "Is it that hard to imagine our future together?"

Her eyes seemed to relax as realization hit her and he clearly caught on to that.

"Maybe one day we will decide to have our own family, love." He added and she nodded slowly, her heart racing in her chest.

"I'm not talking about a year from now, I'm just saying I'd like for us to have our shit together by the time we decide to."

"Yeah, you're right."

"Did I scare you?" He asked seriously and she spoke immediately, "What? No. I just, didn't know you wanted all this."

Vic shrugged, "I dunno, It just doesn't seem all too bad with you, that's all..."

Madison smiled softly, "Really?"

"Yeah, I mean, I plan to spend my life with you so I want all that it entails."

"You sure you want that?"

Vic chuckled stroking her cheek gently, "Madison, from the day I met you I could feel that you would be important to me. You are my forever and I couldn't be more ok with that."

She kissed him almost instantly and she placed her arms around his neck as their eyes met, "I love you."

"I love you too, novio, but I have one more question if that's ok."

Madison laughed, "Sure, what is it?"

"Will you marry me?" He asked pulling a ring from his pocket and Madison immediately froze in place as he pulled her arms away from him.

"Marry me, Madison. You are the only girl I will ever feel this way about and it would be a shame if I left you unmarried."

"Vic..." She gasped out as her eyes began to water. She couldn't control all the emotions she felt all at once.

"It's just me, baby. No need to cry." He cooed, trying to calm her down.

"Just, I mean, are you sure?" She fumbled out and Vic couldn't help but laugh, "I have never been more sure, Madi. I've had two whole days to talk myself out of it, but talking myself out of it never even occurred to me. So what do you say?" He asked grasping her left hand gently in his.

"When did you buy that ring?" She asked curiously and he groaned a grin on his lips, "Madison! Fucking answer the question! This is why I can never do romantic things for you!"

"Why would you assume I'd say anything besides yes?"

He grinned and slid the diamond on her finger.

"Now answer my question."

"Must you ruin every moment we sort of have?" He asked too happy to stop smiling as he cupped her face. He knew this was right for him, for them. No matter what anyone else thought.

She chuckled and kissed his cheek happily. Of course she would say yes. There wasn't even a second thought. She had said yes before the word even formed in her mouth and left her lips.

"I've had it for a while."

"A while?"

"Yes, a while." He whispered kissing over her jaw as his fingers found her hair.

"What's a while?"

"I don't know, a few weeks..."

"A few weeks?!"

"Yeah, why is that such a big deal?"

"I mean, how long have you been thinking about this?"

Vic sighed, "I don't know Madi, a while. Is that a bad thing?" He now questioned with a concerned look. Maybe he should have left all that out.

"No, I just, I don't know, why haven't you brought it up?"

"Oh and said what? Hey, Madison, I was thinking about asking you to marry me. Your thoughts?"

Madison chuckled, "Well no, but still..."

"It apparently doesn't matter now. You said yes. Unless you don't mean it."

"Of course I mean it."

Vic chuckled, "Just making sure."

She placed her arms around him, pressing her face into his chest, "Is this real?"

"What? The ring? It better fucking be for how much I spent on it!"

Madison immediately giggled, "That isn't what I mean, but good to know."

Vic chuckled as he rubbed her back, the room growing into a comfortable silence.

"Yes, it's real Madi. We're meant to be together. You know that, I know that, hell everyone we know knows that. So why waste time?"

"You make a logical point, Vic."

"Mhm, happens from time to time."

"So, can we tell people or..."

Vic laughed, "Baby, you can tell whoever the hell you want. I mean, if you want to greet strangers outside the apartment complex and tell them you can."

Madison laughed, "Well, I don't know about that."

"Fine, but you can call your family now if that's what you're wanting to do."

The girl grinned before kissing his cheek and flying from the couch to, he assumed, to get her cellphone.

A sigh left Vic's lips as he leaned against the couch, happier than he thought possible. This was where he was meant to be and she was who he was meant to be with. It seemed to all make sense now, and he wasn't going to second guess anything between them ever again.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End! I'm super sad thus is over. :(

Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who has commented, recommended, subscribed to this story! :)