Status: Completed.

You Should've Been Here

a million little shining stars had just aligned.

The guys walked into their record label's building 15 minutes before 9 simply so Vic could find Madison first and make sure she hadn't ruined his plan.

Lucky for them she was one of the first people they stumbled upon.

"Oh fancy seeing you here." Tony joked as they walked into her office.

Madison chuckled, "I'm sure."

"You haven't said anything to Mark have you?" Vic asked and she shook her head no.

"Good. I've got this all planned out. So much so you should start packing tonight."

"Yeah, packing my office." She joked and the boys snickered.

"Ha! No. I'll find you when we are done." Vic stated and she nodded as they disappeared down the hall to the conference room. They settled around the table and soon enough their manager along with Mark appeared. It really didn't take that long. Thirty minutes at best and as the guys left Vic stayed back as Mark gathered up his paper work.

"Hey, Mark, I have a request if possible..."

Mark laughed, "What now? No, I can't load the bus with beer before hand."

Vic chuckled, "Ok, that was a stupid request, but on a serious note, is it possible for Madi to come on tour with us? Afterall, she is in charge of merchandise here, couldn't she just do it on tour?"

"Madi as in Madison?"

"Oh. Yeah. Sorry. Bad habit."

"I can't just ship her out with you when I need her here, I mean, I get that you are friends or what not, but still..."

Vic realized this wasn't going to go smoothly so he quickly came up with a lie. It was what he did best.

"Look, we weren't going to tell anyone this yet, but..." He spoke looking around as if it was top secret and he didn't want anyone else to hear.

"She just found out she was pregnant and you know how it is, you have kids. I just don't want to miss the doctor appointments and all that comes along with it." He said so serious he almost wanted to question if it was true or not. Of course he only had to remember that he had in fact never slept with the girl before.

Mark's eyes went wide at Vic's fake confession. Maybe he should take up acting! He snickered to himself once that thought passed his mind.

"Oh. I didn't know you two were involved like that."

"Yeah, we like to keep things private. You know..." Vic said rubbing the back of his neck. It was a bit uncomfortable talking about her like this even if it was a lie

"Right. Well, I'll see what I can do, Vic. Really. I'd hate for you to miss out."

"Thank you."

"Congratulations." Mark responded patting his shoulder on his way out. Vic laughed to himself on the way to the girl's office. She was going to kill him. There was no doubt in his mind about that.

"Why are you smiling like that?" Madison asked cautiously as he fell into the dark, plush chair across from her.

"You are so coming with us on tour."

"Oh? And what's the price I'm paying?"

"I'll tell you later."

She glared at him, "I don't like you saying that."

Vic laughed, "It's fine."

Before she could respond Mark walked in and Vic smiled as her boss sat a folder on the girl's desk.

"Vicki is going to cover for you so no worries." Mark stated and Madison gave him a confused look.

"You can take care of the merch on their tour. It'll be fine. Vicki can handle it for a few weeks. Congratulations by the way." Mark spoke flashing her a smile before he walked out.

"Congratulations? Vic Fuentes what the hell did you do?" She yelled at a whisper if possible.

"Baby, calm down." He said as he went to shut her office door.

"Vic..." She said coolly as she swiftly moved from her desk now a bit nervous.

"Ok, keep it down and don't freak out." He said softly as he pulled her closer.

"I'm going to kill you." She grumbled and he rolled his eyes, "You don't even know what I said!"

"Well fucking tell me!"

"Ok, so.." He said laughing, "It's pretty funny. I should have won an award or some shit..."

"Vic!"

"Ok! Fuck! So, I told him you were pregnant..."

Madison's mouth fell open and he continued, "With my baby?" He added wincing waiting for her wrath.

"What?!"

"Ok! Well it worked and now you are going so what?!"

"Oh yeah?! And what happens when I come back and I look the exact same and better yet in 9 months when there isn't a baby near us?!"

"Ok, didn't think that far into it..." He responded rubbing the back of his neck in thought.

"Vic!" She groaned pacing the floor now in shock, "You are so stupid. Why are we friends?!"

"Because, you love me?"

"Yeah? Well, just know if I get fired you're taking care of me forever!"

Vic chuckled, "Fine."

She shot him a look and he tried not to smile knowing it would just piss her off even more.

"I hate you."

"You do not."

"I can not believe you." She said groaning into her hands and he grabbed her waist.

"Relax. It'll be fine. I'll figure it out."

"I don't think you can."

"I can. We might loose our baby on tour though..." He said with a frown and she shoved him away causing him to laugh, "What?! It's only logical!"

"This is bad karma in the making."

"Not really. Are we planning to have babies together in the future?"

"Well, no."

"Ok, then we are good! So be excited! A whole three months with me!"

"This is what I imagine hell being like. I've done something bad I'm unaware of."

"You are so over dramatic."

"Go home."

He laughed and pulled her to him, pressing his lips to her forehead.

"Don't be mad, novio. Everything's going to be fine. No one will fire you, trust me. They need us too bad." He spoke giving her a wink.

Madison rolled her eyes and he smiled, "See you later."

"Yeah, yeah. Bye."

Madison spent the rest of the day paranoid that the lie she didn't even make up would be proven wrong and she would lose her dream job. She could kill Vic with her bare hands if given the chance, but a part of her couldn't help but feel relieved that she wouldn't have to spend three months without him. She knew she would be miserable either way and she'd rather risk her job and be with him then vise versa. Which she wasn't sure why she felt that way. This job was important to her. She had fought so hard for it. Didn't he know that?

Madison wasn't surprised to find all the guys at her place when she got home from work. If anything it made her a bit happy that things were back to normal for at least a little while. She walked in, shutting the door behind her and kicking off her shoes.

"Sure, come in. Do whatever." She said at the 4 guys who were lounged around her living room eating popcorn and chips.

"We like it here." Jaime stated shoving popcorn in his mouth.

"Why? Because it's clean and doesn't smell bad?"

"Exactly." Tony responded not taking his eyes off the horror movie they were watching.

"So you and Vic are expecting, huh?" Mike joked and she hit the back of his head, "Don't start."

The others snickered as Vic grabbed her hand pulling her into his lap and she let out a sigh as her back hit his chest.

"You are seriously ridiculous." He chuckled and she turned to look at him, "Really? Want to get started on that?"

"Yeah, why are you stressing? It'll be fine. I promise."

"Easy for you to say. This isn't your job and plus, you aren't very good at promises." She mumbled looking at the screen and Vic scrunched his eyebrows together in a serious manner, "Seriously? Did you just go there?"

"Yes. It's just like, you don't think things through Vic and I've worked really hard to get where I am at and I'm sorry that I worry about something happening and ruining what I've built." She said and the guys looked over at the two. They, just like Vic had never heard her even raise her voice out of a joking manner and it scared them a bit.

"Smoke break?" Jaime asked fumbling from the floor and the others mumbled and quickly followed him outside basically stumbling over each other to get out quicker.

Vic and Madison just stared at each other for a few seconds before Vic cleared his throat, "Here's the thing Madison, you don't take me seriously. You act like I do everything for myself or that I don't take everything else into consideration, but that's the furthest from the truth. Am I doing this because I'll miss you? Hell yes, because I will. I do everytime I'm on tour, but I also know how miserable you are here without us, ok? I can tell every time we talk that you aren't that happy and I hate hearing that in your voice. So maybe you should think that I'm doing this for you." He grumbled moving out from under her and standing from the couch, "It's whatever though. If you don't want to go then don't. I'll tell Mark it was a joke. It isn't that fucking big of a deal. Just tell me. Also, please stop bringing that promise shit up, Madison. I get it. I fucking suck, but must you constantly remind me? I mean, I hurt you. I know that, but you act like I treat you like shit and you can't trust me, which is far from the truth and you know that. This is one thing that seriously pisses me off about you, you know? And maybe it's because you're young and stubborn, I don't know, but you hold shit over me. It's like you can't just let it go."

Madison just stared at him feeling her anger rise for the first time around him. Of course she knew he was pissed off just by him using her full name and now he was bringing up the age card? Well, that was a low blow.

"Right, well since I'm so young and stubborn I guess there is no point for you to stay here and argue with me, so just go." She said trying not to snap at him like she wanted so badly to do.

Vic cursed under his breath and stomped to the door slamming it behind him. She breathed in trying to calm herself and before she knew it she was crying. She wasn't tough when it came to things like that. Especially since she had never gotten into even a minor fight with Vic. She didn't like it and definitely wasn't prepared for the emotion that hit her. Surely things would pass quickly. Afterall, she knew she couldn't stay mad at him and she hoped he felt the same way.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter amused me, you know, minus the fight. :3

Thanks for commenting;
Omjitsellie
Alexrusconi
:)