Status: Completed.

You Should've Been Here

And I would've been so happy.

"Fuck dramatic exits, I left my fucking phone." Vic grumbled after he busted his way back into her place and she quickly wiped her eyes.

He scanned the room for his phone and once his eyes landed on her he seemed to forget what happened.

"Why are you crying? What happened? Are you ok?" He asked all too concerned as he kneeled in front of where she sat.

"I'm fine. Here." She responded reaching over for his phone and he quickly grasped her hand with his.

"Why are you crying?" He asked seriously as his eyes met hers.

"I don't want to talk to you."

He rolled his eyes and cupped her face ignoring her plea.

"Madi..." He whispered, "What's wrong? Tell me."

"Nothing. Just when I get angry I cry."

"I didn't know that about you..." He stated more to himself then her.

She shrugged and he brushed his thumbs under her eyes, "I'm sorry. I never want to make you cry, novio."

He didn't know why it was so easy to apologize to her. Ten seconds ago he was infuriated at her and now he just wanted to cuddle her and tell her everything was ok. He just didn't understand it.

"For the record, I didn't mean what I said. I was just angry. Look, I want you to do what you want to do. I mean that, ok?"

She nodded, "I know."

He placed a gentle kiss to her forehead, "Just let me know what you decide. We can tell Mark whatever you want if you decide to come with us."

His eyes were softer than before and she bit her bottom lip knowing she wouldn't be able to say no to anything he said.

"I know you get sick of me saying this shit, but I'm sorry. I never want to fight with you. We don't fight and I don't fucking like it, ok?"

"Me neither." She whispered softly as she wiped her eyes with the ends of her hoodie.

"You ok?" He asked and she nodded. He forced himself from the floor and sat beside her, gently grabbing up her hand.

"Come here novio." He whispered tugging her to him until she was relaxed against his chest. He wrapped his arms around her tightly letting a comfortable silence cover them.

"I do want to go with you guys." She whispered.

"Good. I really didn't want to spend 3 months without you."

She didn't respond just closed her eyes as he rubbed her back. She really didn't know what she was going to do. She really wanted to go with them, but she couldn't tell Mark the truth now. He would definitely oppose to her going then.

"So, when is are baby due?" She asked raising up to look at him and he laughed, "I don't know, we just found out about it."

She rolled her eyes as he smiled, "I'm just saying. We would have a hell of a kid."

"As in he would be a handful."

Vic laughed, "And sexy as shit."

She chuckled, "Right."

He leaned in and kissed her cheek, "I'm so excited. Not about our fake baby, about you being with us."

"Yeah, I assume it'll be fun."

"You assume?!"

She nodded with a laugh and he rolled his eyes, "It will be. It always is, isn't it?"

"It's always scary."

Vic laughed, "It is not. When has anything scary ever happened to you with me there?"

"Um, remember last tour when you guys left me!"

"Madison! You didn't tell anyone you were leaving the bus! Am I suppose to be psychic?! Plus, you were only alone for like 10 minutes!"

"Still scary..."

Vic rolled his eyes, "Ok, maybe, but it will never happen again."

"If it does I'll hurt you."

"And I promise you can if it does."

She chuckled and looked up at him, "And I can promise I will. Now, what do you say we order some food?"

"You paying?" He teased and she nodded before moving off of him. He quickly grabbed her hand and pulled her back into his lap, "Don't worry. I got it."

"Vic, I think I can pay for chinese food."

"Madi, I don't care."

She glared at him which he ignored as he grabbed up his phone, "Same as always?"

She nodded knowing it was best just to give up, "Yep."

He nodded and she waited silently as spoke their order on the phone. She couldn't help but get lost in her thoughts as he seemed to focus on the task at hand. She never realized how comfortable they actually were with each other. It was like a relationship without complications.

Once Vic hung up, their eyes met and Madison spoke, "You're like a boyfriend I didn't ask for."

"What is that suppose to mean?!"

Madison laughed, "Just saying."

"I mean, if it bothers you I can call back and cancel the food."

"What? No."

"Then shush. Plus, girls would kill for a boyfriend like this! I mean, we don't kiss or anything and you can still flirt with everyone with me getting mad."

Madison laughed, "True."

"Exactly."

"But then think about it. What if one of us does get a girl or boyfriend?"

Vic shrugged knowing for certain that it wouldn't be him. He hadn't found anyone who interested him in months.

"Couldn't replace you, novio." He said sincerely as he brought his hand to her cheek. Her eyes met his nervously as he fingers caressed her cheek. Lately Vic had been questioning a lot. Mostly, her. Ever since he had came back from a small tour, he had looked at her differently. Maybe it was just because he hadn't been weeks without her in forever or because, maybe, just maybe, he felt something for her he was unaware of. He in fact was still unsure.

Vic then sat up more straight than he was which put his face inches from hers. A part of him wanted to simply find out what it felt like to kiss her. He licked his lips as his fingers tangled into her hair. The girl was now breathing heavily as the nerves filled her stomach unsure what was going to happen.

He slowly inched his lips to hers deciding to just risk it all, only to be interrupted by the doorbell which quickly broke their moment. Madison basically flew from his lap and he was up just as fast, "I'll go get that." He spoke before basically running to the door. He was a bit shaky to say the least and he fumbled to find his wallet before opening the door. He had to get himself together.

Vic paid the delivery guy and thanked him before carrying the food to the kitchen where Madison waited. Did he just pretend like nothing happened? Did he say something? He wasn't sure yet. He sat the food on the counter before looking over at Madison.

"Chinese food and beer?" She asked before opening the refrigerator door.

Vic sighed in relief before allowing a grin to hit his lips, "Yeah."

Madison nodded as she bit her bottom lip and grabbed the 6 pack up. So they would just pretend nothing happened. It would be better that way anyways.

"Great. I got forks. Let's go."

Madison chuckled and followed him to the living room. They fell on the couch and she turned on a movie while he popped the lids from two beers. This was normal for the pair, but now Madison had thoughts that had never crossed her mind before. Thoughts that now made her a bit nervous and made it hard to focus on the movie.

"Are you going to eat or just drink?" Vic mused noticing she was now on her 3rd beer and had yet to open the container of chinese food. Her eyes moved to his and she shrugged knowing she wouldn't be able to eat even if she tried.

"What's wrong?" He asked narrowing his eyebrows together.

"Nothing."

"Mhm." He mumbled before bringing his beer bottle to his lips.

"Seriously, I'm fine."

"Right, well, that's coming from you who never wants to drink and yet...you've drunk more than me."

"It's 3 beers, Vic. Not 3 shots. There is a difference."

He chuckled, "True. Still enough to buzz your small self."

"Is not." She defended and he grinned, "Right, ok. Well take it easy there."

"Shut up."

He laughed once more before relaxing in his seat as he popped they top to another beer. Of course Vic ended up being right and he assumed he was part to blame since he tended to leave beer at her house that he would forget about.

"I thought I said take it slow." He teased as the girl sat her 5th empty bottle down and laid her head in his lap. He chuckled and looked down at her as her eyes shut.

"I have got to learn to tell you no, woman." He said as he played with her hair.

"Well practice now."

He laughed, "Too late now."

"Well, we will start tomorrow."

"Yeah sounds good, but I just don't see it happening." He whispered as he brushed his fingers over her cheek. She shut her eyes once more with a sigh and he couldn't seem to take his eyes off of her.

"Vic..."

"Mhm?"

"Were you going to kiss me earlier?"

Vic froze in his spot, glad that her eyes were at least still closed.

"I...I don't know." He finally got out. Madison opened her eyes to look at him and his heart began racing.

"It wouldn't be a good idea." He added and she nodded in response.

"A bit odd that we never have though."

She nodded once more and the pair stared at each other in silence. Vic finally cleared his throat and glanced at his watch, "I should, wow, it's late, um, yeah, I should go."

"Stay." She said boldly and he bit his bottom lip. He wasn't certain if that was a good idea or not.

The girl covered her mouth to yawn. Her eyes growing heavy and he sighed, "Let's get you to bed."

She didn't disagree as he led her to her bedroom. Vic made her sit on the bed before he walked over to her dresser and grabbed a pair of pajamas for the girl.

"Here."

"Thanks."

He nodded with a grin before kissing her forehead, "I'll lock your door on the way out."

"Are you really not staying?"

"Oh were you really wanting me to?"

"Vic why are you acting so weird tonight? When do you ever not stay? In fact when do I ever have to ask you to stay?"

Vic sighed knowing she was right. He needed to just forget about tonight. There was no point in acting weird over something that didn't happen.

"Just go change." He said before he kicked off his shoes.

"Sometimes I don't get you." She mumbled as she headed to the bathroom. Vic sighed and fell onto the bed.

Sometimes he didn't either...
♠ ♠ ♠
Feelings are surfacing I believe. :3

OH. New Oliver Sykes story if interested,
They Say

:)