Status: Completed.

You Should've Been Here

I've got my eye on the door.

"And where are you headed?" Madison heard and spun around to see Justin with an amused grin on his face.

Madison laughed, "Wherever my feet take me."

"Ah, how wise of you."

Madison giggled as he stepped to her, "Well, lead the way."

"Aren't you busy?"

"No, since we are going on first tonight we are done. Well, I have sound check in about an hour, but otherwise I'm free. Trying to get rid of me?" He asked with a raised eyebrow and the girl laughed, "Not at all."

"Mhm. Well, carry on then." He said holding his arm out and she chuckled as she linked hers through his before heading in a random direction.

After several minutes of silence and officially getting lost in the venue Justin spoke, "I wanted to call you, you know? I just didn't know if that was what you wanted."

"You could have." She whispered honestly and he slid his hand to hers pulling her to a stop. Her eyes met his immediately as her heart raced in her chest.

"I liked you. I like you." He said boldly. He had been holding that in for two summers now and he wanted it out in the open.

Madison bit her bottom lip nervously as he waited for her to saying anything. When seconds passed he quickly decided to do so.

"Do you like Vic?" He asked seriously and Madison swore her heart couldn't handle anymore.

"What? Vic and I...no." She fumbled out as she shook her head instantly.

"Not what I asked..." He said with a soft grin and she looked down at their linked hands.

"You know, because the way he looks at you says otherwise." Justin added and she looked up at him, "What do you mean?"

"Meaning he looks at you like you mean more than just a girl, Madison."

"Well we're friends."

Justin chuckled as he led her down the hall. He knew his way around and he was certain this part led backstage, "More than a friend. I know what the look looks like. Everytime you see Kellin look at Kaitlynne just know that's how Vic looks at you."

Justin dropped her hand once they reached the small room where a few crew people were bringing out gear.

"Just watch." He said giving her a wink before heading for the stage. Madison sighed and her mind raced with his words. He had to just be messing with her. Before she could think further into it Jaime appeared and was telling her that their dressing room was down the hall.

She nodded and he ushered her to the room where Vic and Tony already sat doing nothing. Kellin was ironically sitting on the arm rest of the couch laughing with the two and she chose to sit next to him.

"Where is Kaitlynne?" The girl asked and he looked down at his phone, "Um, she's actually looking for me right now."

"How sweet of you."

Kellin laughed and pushed himself from the couch, "Let me go get my lady."

Vic looked over at Madison who was fiddling with the chipped finger nail polish on her nails and he immediately spoke, "What's wrong?"

Madison's head shot up, "Huh?"

"Something is wrong. What is it?"

"What? Nothing is wrong."

"Liar." Vic said smoothly, knowing he was in fact right. Like he said, he knew her better than he knew himself.

She shook her head no and he raised an eyebrow, "Did that Justin kid say something?"

"What? No. Vic, I'm fine! Just still tired."

"You can go back to the bus you know? I won't hold it against you if you miss the show."

Madison rolled her eyes, "I'm not missing your first show."

A grin hit Vic's lips, "Of course not."

She smiled and he patted her head glad she was staying.

"I'm not a dog."

"Well, you are cute and soft so..."

"Vic!"

The boy began laughing and she glared at him as a smile fell on his lips, "Oh, Madi. I'm kidding."

"Guys we are going to watch Sleeping play, coming?" Mike asked interrupting their moment.

"Yep." Vic said grabbing up her hand and pulling her from the couch.

Madison groaned as he drug her to the side of the stage.

"Knock'em dead." Vic said patting Kellin's shoulder and the guy laughed, "I will."

"Katelynne you're a sucky wife!" Justin called out as the girl basically sprinted to the growing group. Kellin chuckled as his eyes landed on the girl and she quickly approached him. Madison watched the two intently. Justin's words ringing through her head. Vic definitely did not look at her like that. She would have picked up on that. Kellin was looking at Katelynne like she was the only person alive. How would someone not know?

She breathed in and let her gaze rest on Justin grabbing up his instrument. She needed to stop letting people get to her. Madison bit her bottom lip as her thoughts raced about.

"Seriously, you're creeping me out. What the fuck happened?" She heard and looked over to see Vic beside her with crossed arms.

"Nothing. Just thinking."

"Just thinking huh?"

"Shut up."

Vic chuckled, "Fine. Don't tell me, just tell me if I should be worried."

Well, she guess that depended on how you looked at it...

"No. I promise."

He nodded and even if he wanted to he couldn't speak because the show began without warning. They must have missed Kellin talking to the crowd. Madison's spirits seemed to get better as the show went on. Music made her forget it all.

"Yeah, our show will be better." Vic teased and gave her a wink before running onto the stage. Madison chuckled as Katelynne stepped beside her.

"So...you two aren't together because..."

Madison groan, "Don't join the dark side."

Katelynn laughed, "I just don't get how you two can't see it."

"Because there isnlt anything there..." She responded watching Vic as he talked into the microphone.

Katelynn didn't speak again thanks to the music starting up. Madison hated that everyone was making her question her relationship with him. She had always knew where the two of them stood. Now she wasn't so sure and that pissed her off.

"Ok, so the next song is for Madi, we usually don't play it, but it's her favorite song and since I dragged her on tour with us I feel like I have to play it...probably every night." Vic stated and the other boys on stage laughed as he glanced over at the girl with a grin, "Shit. Sorry. I meant Madison. Sorry novio." He added knowing she very well didn't want anyone else to call her that since it took years for her to allow him to do so.

She rolled her eyes as the song started and Katelynne snickered, "Mhm, right. Just friends."

Madison crossed her arms and bit her bottom lip. They didn't know what they were talking about.

"Last night you said you ended up on Palm Springs dancing on tables..." Vic sang the last part and Jaime laughed into the microphone, "In case any of you were wondering, yes Madison did all that."

Madison's mouth fell open and Vic laughed, "She's going to kick your ass man."

Madison rolled her eyes as they went into the last song.

"Vic and Madison sittin' in a tree..." Kellin whispered beside her as he waited for his que to go on stage for a song.

"Kellin!"

Kellin snickered, "What? You don't see the way he looks at you." Kellin responded giving her arm a pat as he ran on stage.

Madison groaned. Why did people keep saying that to her?!

The show ended soon after and Vic ran a towel over his face as he walked off the stage. His eyes scanned the room for Madison. He swore she was just here.

"I think she went to the dressing room." Katelynne spoke with a smirk which made him respond with a questionable look, "Ok?"

She nodded and he headed down the hall slowly as he pulled the wet tank top from his body. He just wanted to shower really.

Vic walked into the small room and Madison sat there alone messing with her phone. He shut the door causing her to look up and his eyebrows narrowed together, "Madi, seriously, what is up with you tonight?" He asked crouching in front of her as he brushed his hair from his forehead.

She sighed instantly, "N..."

"Nothing." He cut her off, "Ok, at first I was just going to take that, but not anymore. I need a real answer. I asked a real question, you give me a real answer."

"Vic. Nothing is wrong. I mean, I can think of another way to put that but I'd rather not."

He sighed and sat on his knees, placing his hands on hers, "Why must you be so stubborn?"

"I'm not."

"You are."

She sighed and locked eyes with him. He studied her as if the answer would just come to him eventually.

"Ok, so, here is what's going to happen. I'm going to go shower, we're going to grab some gas station food and go back to the bus." He finally said as he reached up and brushing a lock of her hair behind her ear.

She managed to nod as he fingers seemed to linger on her hair.

"Ok." He whispered forcing himself up and quickly sprinting to the showers. He didn't know what that was but he was starting to wonder if Mike was right.

Once showered he threw on a fresh tank top and basketball shorts before sliding his shoes on and towel drying his hair.

When he walked out all the guys were in the room waiting to shower he assumed.

"Where did Madi go?" He asked as he grabbed up the bag he had brought in and threw it over his body.

"Kellin came and got her."

Vic groaned, "What is up with her? Does she not seem weird tonight?"

Mike shook his head, "Maybe a little quiet, but not weird."

Vic nodded and Tony spoke, "Dude, you worry too much about her. She's fine trust me, she'd let you know if she wasn't. You two are sickeningly close."

Vic rolled his eyes on the way out. He hoped Tony was right for once.

On his way out of the venue he ran into Kellin and he groaned when he noticed Madison wasn't with her.

"Where the fuck is Madison?" He asked growing a bit frustrated now.

"With Katelynne."

"What the fuck. I told her to wait and now I feel like I'm playing hide and seek!"

"Relax, she just went with her to get her phone. Wait here."

Vic sighed and relaxed against the brick wall.

"You like her."

Vic looked up at the dark headed boy as he leaned beside him.

"The way you look at her man. Sounds cheesy, but that look is all too familiar. Trust me." Kellin added with a grin.

Vic shrugged in response. He was sick of defending himself over this situation.

"Just tell Justin to back off. I mean, ever since they hung out earlier she's been acting weird." Vic grumbled.

"Probably because he's telling her what I'm telling you."

"He better not be telling her that I like her." Vic warned as his heart raced.

Kellin chuckled, "I didn't say that. Plus, he's probably telling her that he thinks you like her not that you do."

Vic sighed and looked out towards the buses, "Don't worry Vic, Your secret is safe with me."

"There isn't a secret..." He mumbled as he stared into the darkness.

Kellin chuckled, "Come on man, you can't even tell me?"

Vic looked over at him with a serious look and breathed in deeply, "If I said it out loud, it becomes real. If it becomes real, it will ruin everything."

Before Kellin could respond Katelynne and Madison appeared heading in their direction talking and giggling like normal.

"Yeah and if you hold it in, it will ruin you." Kellin whispered before grabbing for Katelynne's hand and heading in the direction of their bus.

Vic sighed and pushed off from the wall. This was becoming harder than he ever imagined.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been a while. :| Hope it was worth the wait!

Thanks for commenting;
JasmineSWS
Balladofben
:)