Status: Completed.

You Should've Been Here

Just waiting for you to walk in.

"You ok?" Madison asked concerned by the way Vic was acting.

Vic simply shrugged in response and he tried to push his thoughts away as they walked to the bus in silence which was something that never happened with the two.

Once on the bus Vic went straight to his bunk and Madison really didn't know what to do or say at this point. She racked her brain for what would have happened as she pulled back the curtain of her own bunk.

"Um, Vic, do you want this?" She asked and he pulled back his curtain to look out. She pointed to the cover that belonged to him which was still in her own bed and he sighed, "Yeah, probably." He grumbled hopping down and she watched him intently.

"Are you mad at me or something?" She asked and he dropped the red cover back on her bed as their eyes met, "What? Why would I be mad at you?" He asked sincerely as he played back their last few minutes together. He didn't think he acted mad...

"I don't know. You're acting weird..."

"As are you."

"So, you're acting weird because I am supposedly acting weird which I'm not?"

"Huh?" He asked blatantly confused and a grin crept onto her lips. Before either of them knew it they were both laughing.

"That made no sense." He chuckled.

"Did so!"

He shook his head with a grin and she leaned against the bunks feeling a little more comfortable now.

"I'm not mad at you." He finally said and she nodded, "ok..."

He stared at her and it was at that moment his mind seemed to shut off. It was odd really. The way things seemed to turn into something as clear as day. Like for instance, the way she bit her bottom lip when she was nervous made him want to kiss her and the way her hair fell into her face made him want to reach out and brush it away. He knew more than anything that at that moment, everyone was right.

Mike, Kellin, Katelynne. They were all right. He liked her. He liked her in a way he hadn't liked a girl in years. His insides seemed to twist from her name alone and when she was near him, it was like his own personal high. All the feelings he had been pushing away seemed to hit him at once and he had to balance himself against the bunks in order for it not to overwhelm him. How could he have been so blind? So stupid not to see how he really felt all along?

Shakily he breathed in before speaking, "You're tired. Get some sleep, ok? I'm going to go see where those idiots are." He said cupping her face and she nodded.

"Sweet dreams, novio." He whispered before pressing his lips to her forehead. She said good night and crawled into the bunk as he all but ran from the bus. The chilled air seemed to make his chest even tighter but lucky for him the guys were headed in his direction so he didn't have time to concentrate on that.

"Hey...I..." Mike started and Vic grabbed him by his shirt and pushed him back from the others. Mike gave him a weird look once he figured they were far enough and released his grasp.

"What the fuck?" Mike asked seriously and Vic breathed in as he ran his hand into his hair.

"I need Madison to get sent home."

"Huh?"

"Madison. She has to go. Now."

"Dude, did you to get in an arguement? If so you need to sleep on it."

Vic shook his head vigorously, "No. No. Just...fuck! Fuck all of you!" He growled as he began pacing with his hands tangled in his hair.

"Dude..." Mike spoke with caution, "What happened?"

"We were just standing there. Just fucking standing there and it hits me. Hit me like a fucking tidal wave and she has to go!"

"I can't understand your riddles!" Mike shouted getting frustrated at his brother.

Vic breathed in trying to calm himself down enough to speak correctly, "Mike...Madi...she just...I mean, I..."

"You like her. I knew it. You fucking like her." Mike said proudly ad Vic hung his head, "I wouldn't if it wasn't for you people and now she has to go."

"What? She can't just go."

"She has to. If she stays I'll do something I'll regret."

"Like what? Tell her?"

"Yes."

Mike rolled his eyes, "So what?"

"Easy for you to say, but this is Madison. My Madison. I can't live without her. If I tell her this, it could ruin her being in my life and I need her here."

"Do you hear yourself?"

"Yes. So, I need her to leave. It's best for both of us."

"She's not leaving. She has a job to do and no you aren't avoiding her. She's your best friend. She doesn't need to be hurt because you can't express feelings. Leave her be." Mike warned before leaving vic alone.

What had he done to himself?

Needless to say Vic had a restless night of sleep. He didn't know what to do. The thought of sending her home hurt just as much as the thought of telling her. Maybe he'd just keep it all in and pretend everything was fine. Surely he could do that. Right?

Later that day Vic found himself beside Kellin at a picnic table outside of the venue they had arrived at hours before hand. His notebook seemed to be filled with thoughts he couldn't make sense of. He sighed and adjusted the raybans on his eyes as he looked over at Madison who was laughing with Katelynne a few feet away.

"She's going to know something is up. You're acting different towards her. You're probably going to upset her." Kellin said as if he read his thoughts.

"I can't help it. It's either I keep my distance or I'm going to do something stupid."

"You won't. Just don't treat her like this. She hasn't done anything wrong." Kellin said seriously and Vic immediately felt bad. He knew the boy was right. He sighed and dropped his pen before getting up from the table. Kellin flashed him a smile and he slowly walked over to where the girl stood. He had been distant from her since last night and the closer he got the more emotion that seemed to rage inside of him. He wrapped his arm around her waist from behind once he was close enough and nussled his face against her shoulder. Sure, this was nothing to her, but to him, it was now a different story. His heart raced and he grasped tightened on her. He wanted to just hold her for a while and kiss the freckles that lined her shoulders but he knew that wouldn't be appropriate so he dug his fingers into her side causing her to squeal and a grin hit his lips.

"Vic!"

He chuckled against her skin, "Mhm?"

"Stop it. Jerk."

He laughed and raised up, "Did you just call me a jerk?"

She nodded as Katelynne laughed at the two.

"I'll let you two deal with that..." She said before walking off.

Madison immediately spun around to face him and a grin hit his lips. She slowly reached up and pulled his sunglasses off causing him to squint from the sunlight. Once their eyes met though her hand brushed his cheek causing his skin to tingle, "You look tired." She spoke in a soft manner.

Vic shrugged knowing he couldn't tell her why, "Didn't sleep good last night."

She nodded and his grasp on her tightened, "Probably because you didn't sleep with me last night."

"Mhm. Yeah and it shows because your attempt at straightening your hair alone this morning isn't great."

He groaned and she laughed as she messed with his hair, "I'll fix it."

"Thanks..."

She nodded and his eyes never left her as she continued to mess with his hair. He pulled her closer to him as he rested his arms around her waist. It was funny really, how she seemed to fit perfectly in his arms. She was smaller than him which was hard to believe because Vic had to admit he wasn't the biggest guy around, but none the less he liked the feeling of her so close.

"Let's go get some lunch, yeah?" He asked softly causing her to nod in response. He kissed her head before pulling away.

"Kellin Quinn!" She yelled and the blue eyed boy looked up from his laptop.

"Come on."

"Where am I going?"

"To lunch with us duh."

"Oh right. Yeah." He said chuckling as he quickly got up and made his over to them only in time for Mike to appear next to Vic.

"Oh are you going?" She asked Mike who chuckled, "What? Am I not invited?"

"You are always invited idiot. Just didn't know."

Mike chuckled, "Sorry you are just use to hanging out with the loser Fuentes."

Madison chuckled before focusing on Kellin, "Is Kaitlynne actully staying this whole tour?" She asked as she hopped onto Kellin's back as they began their journey down the road.

"With a baby? No. They are going back tomorrow."

"Bummer. I like having a girl here."

"You do. You have Vic." Kellin joked causing her to giggle and Vic to turn around and shoot him a look.

Kellin laughed, "Kidding!"

Vic rolled his eyes and pulled his iphone from his pocket, "Let me tweet this pic and see who gets more haters." Vic said snapping a picture of Madison and Kellin.

"Me. I'll be a homewrecker." Madison stated with a laugh.

"You? Me because apparently you and Vic are meant to be."

"No, I meant I'll be a homewrecker between you and Vic."

Kellin laughed, "Ok, you're probably right."

Madison laughed, "Where are we going?"

"Good question." Vic stated as he looked around for any place that popped out.

"There is a Taco Bell." Kellin said pointing a bit down the street.

"Yeah Vic, you'll feel more at home."

Kellin laughed as Vic spoke, "Watch it novio. Watch it."

Mike laughed, "I love how you make jokes to him but not to me."

"Yeah, well, Vic does look a little more ethnic than you." Kellin pointed out as he let Madison on her feet.

"Cause he's short and tan." Mike joked and Vic shot his middle finger up at the boy.

"Awe. Ok. Leave Vic alone."

"Oh so what? Only you can make fun of him?" Mike asked with an amused grin.

"Exactly."

Vic shook his head trying to fight the grin creeping on his lips. He slid his arm around Madison's waist and pulled her to his side, "Just shut up, novio."

She shot him a look and he kissed her cheek as they reached the Taco Bell they had stumbled upon.

The 4 ate rather quickly and as they walked out Mike was horsing around and spinning Madison about carelessly.

"Ugh stop I'm going to throw up." She said through her laughter.

"Oh you'll be fine." He said not realizing the step from the side walk to the road until he stumbled down it causing Madison to squeal as she fell with the boy.

"Mike! Seriously!" Vic yelled grabbing the girl up immediately in order to make sure everything was ok.

She winced as she looked down at her now scraped up, bleeding knee.

"I hate you Mike!" She stated causing Kellin to chuckle as Mike apologized.

"Don't worry novio. I'll fix it." Vic whispered as he picked the girl up and she wrapped her legs around his waist as he placed his arms under her to keep her up. Madison wrapped her arms around his neck and laid her head against his chest.

"Stupid Mike." She grumbled and Vic chuckled, "I'll beat him up later for you, ok?"

She nodded and he carried her the rest of the way to their bus so he could bandage up her knee. All the while Mike apologized every 5 seconds. Once on the bus, Vic sat her down in the bathroom and he grabbed the first aid kit from the counter as he tried to debate on what to put on her wound.

"Going to look really cool." Madison stated and Vic chuckled, "Don't worry, a bandage knee isn't going to stop guys from hitting on you, Madi."

She rolled her eyes as he kneeled in front of her to look at the wound. She watched him as he carefully cleaned it off and medicated it before putting several band-aids over it. She couldn't help but have butterflies in her stomach. She knew it was just Vic but it still happened. He was gentle with her and cared for her which she appreciated more than he knew.

"All better." He stated once done. Vic then forced himself to look up at her and she nodded, "Thank you."

"No problem." He whispered locking eyes with her and before he knew it he was pressing his lips to hers. Although a bit in shock she didn't push him off. In fact she didn't even want to for some reason she was still unsure of.

Vic slid his hand to her cheek as their kissing continued longer than he had assumed it would. He swiftly slid his free arm around her pulling her closer to him, their lips not daring to part. The pair had never kissed before and now he found it absurd that they hadn't. He could kiss her everyday all day if she let him. He finally forced himself to pull back. His eyes still shut as he breathed heavily. Once the fog lifted from their moment he was faced with the harsh reality that awaited. Fear filled his stomach and regret washed over him.

"I'm sorry." He finally got out at a mere whisper.

She shook her head unable to find her voice.

"Madison, you need to go home. That shouldn't have happened and if you stay here, I don't know. I don't know what's gotten into me and I'm sorry." Vic said quickly pulling away from the girl and standing up. Madison looked up at him trying to take in his words that seemed to crash over her happy moment.

"Go home?" She questioned as if there could have been a misunderstanding although she was certain there wasn't.

"Yeah. It would be for the best."

"And tell Mark what exactly?" She asked getting annoyed now, "I can't leave. I have to finish my job, Vic." She said standing up instantly and shoving past him out of the small bathroom.

Vic groaned and followed her out and she went to her bunk and started shoving things in a backpack. She had to get away from him before she broke down.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm just going to see if I can stay with Kellin and them."

"You're mad at me..."

"Furious actually." She stated not bothering to stop what she was doing.

"Well fuck Madi! What am I suppose to do?! I just kissed you! You're my best friend! That isn't suppose to happen!"

"But it did!" She said just as loud and he tugged at his hair, "I know it fucking did. I was there. Plus, you didn't necessarily pull away."

"So now it's my fault?" She asked glaring at him.

Vic groaned, "What? No. No it's not your fault. Fuck! Just..." He trailed off finding all his worst thoughts on this situation coming true.

"Just what? No. Leave me alone, Vic." She grumbled, throwing the strap of the backpack over her shoulder and quickly leaving the bus. Once the door shut behind her Vic fell into the floor as his thoughts seemed so out of control that it caused his head to hurt.

What did he just do?
♠ ♠ ♠
AHHH it finally happened!! Hope you are as excited as I am about it!! :D

Thanks for commenting;
MariaRose
JasmineSWS (I love your comments, not going to lie. haha.)
TrustInFearx

And I can't believe this story has 80 subscribers. I really wasn't expecting it to even attempt that number, so that pretty much tops off my happiness for the day! :)