Status: on-going

A Cold Heart

Party "Animal"

Cooper's house was much bigger than mine. The house had a Victorian structure to it, and lights were on, shining through the windows.

"Wow! Nice house," I said, and he smiled at me.

"Thanks," He responded, before walking to the front door. He slid the key in the lock and turned it. He twisted the knob and opened the door, and it was warm in the inside. When you walk in, the kitchen was to the left, it's counters made of veined marble. To your right was the living room. Couches made of leather were neatly alligned.

"You live in this by yourself? " I asked, and he shook his head.

"Not really," He remarked, and then I heard footsteps. They were light but loud.

"Coops! Your ho- Who is this?" Coming around the corner was a girl. She had to be about 15, her hair wavy and elegant, reaching down to her lower back in ringlets. She was applying lipstick on when she got to us, standing in the doorway.

"Uh...Melanie! This is Mia. Mia, this is my sister...Melanie," Cooper pointed at her. I waved my hand, and she didn't return the favor.

"Well, are we still going to the party at Chelsea's?" Melanie asked, and Cooper hooked his arm like a pirate.

"I almost forgot. You don't mind...if we...go to a party, do you?" Cooper asked me. I looked at his expression, which showed desperation.

"Uh...yeah. Sure," I said, and he smiled.

"Great! Well, Melanie has some outfits for you. I'm gonna go change!" He said, running through the house.

"I DON'T HAVE ANY CLOTHES FOR HER!" Melanie shouted, but Cooper ignored her. Melanie grunted and gave me a once-over.

"I guess I can give you something. Follow me," Melanie said, and I followed her to wherever she was going.

***

"Okay. Your done!" Melanie said, and I opened my eyes. My hair was curled and my outfit was amazing. I smiled.

"Thanks!"

She smiled, and Cooper walked in. He had on a gray tux, and his hair was slicked into a fauxhawk. He was hot. He stared at me in shock.

"You...look stunning," He remarked, and I smiled.

"You do, too!" I said, and Melanie grabbed her clutch.

"You guys ready?"

***

The party was formal. People were all in dresses and tuxedos. A champagne fountain was sitting in once corner of the room, sprouting out the gold liquid.

"Well, I'll be right back," Melanie said, leaving Cooper and I and going to another girl.

"This is nice," I said, examining the house. Chelsea, the hostess, invited us in at the door.

"It truly is," Cooper responded.

"You know what's funny? I th-"

Just then, there was a crash. Everyone ducked, including me, and I heard a low growl. I looked up to see a wolf. A gray wolf with blue, beady eyes. I shivered in horror. The wolf was staring right at Cooper.

I turned to face him, but he wasn't there anymore. In his place was a much bigger wolf. It's fur was a black, and his eyes were a striking yellow. I slid across the ground. Majority of the people fled, but I stood to watch.

The gray wolf attacked the black wolf, flipping him over. The gray wolf struck at the black one, and the black one pushed him off. The black wolf pounced on the gray one and they began to wrestle.

"MIA! COME HERE!" I heard Melanie's shout, and I saw her holding her hand out to me. I struggled to get up, but I was pushed back down on the ground with force. My head cracked against the hardwood floor. I opened my eyes and saw the gray wolf glaring down at me, its hot breath making my face tingle.

I screamed, and the gray wolf was knocked over. A new wolf with brown skin tackled him, scratching at his fur. The brown wolf kept scratching, until the gray wolf's body went limp.

I hyperventilated, checking my surroundings. The room was a mess. Broken glass littered the floor, the chandelier hung at a weird angle, the champagne fountain was broken, so now it was spraying champagne everywhere.

The brown wolf was covered in blood, and it padded in front of me.

Then, its form changed.

I gasped in horror as the all the hair on the brown wolf's body went into its skin. The wolf was standing on two legs now, and it formed and formed, until I said,

"Melanie?"

Melanie stood before me, her perfect dress ripped. Her hair was rustled, and she ran and hugged me. I was in horror.

"You can't be telling me this," I said, shaking my head.

"It's true," Melanie's voice was groggy.

The black wolf, who watched, grunted and padded over to us. It began to form too, until I was staring at a cut, bloody Cooper.

"COOPER!" I shouted, just as he collapsed to the ground. I crawled over to him, and laid his head on my lap. He had deep gashes through his tux, blood oozing out.

"Melanie!" I shouted, and she already had found a phone.

This time, I wanted to make sure Cooper was safe.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Ya'll!
Was it good? Like the cliffhanger?
Let me know! Comment, rate, and subscribe!
Here's links to Mia and Melanie's fab dresses:
Mia's Outfit
Melanie's Outfit
More Cooper, Mia, and Melanie coming tomorrow!
Byeee
-Tim *