Status: ON HOLD

Blue Eyes Don't Lie

I'll Be Waiting Here For You

Don't you fret, my dear
It'll all be over soon
I'll be waiting here for you
For you, for you

~ The Civil Wars

______________________

Hayden was sitting at one of the small tables coloring with some of the kids when her older colleague Jules walked up to her, holding the phone usually used for parent calls.

"You have a call, Hayd."

The older woman was wearing a secretive and amused smile as she handed her the phone. Hayden accepted it and waited for Jules to resume what she'd been doing, but she only took a seat in a empty chair and stared intently at the blonde. Hayden rolled her eyes and lifted the phone to her ear, still coloring with her free hand.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Hayd. What'cha doin'?"

Hayden stopped coloring and sat up straight in her seat. "Jordan?"

"Hey, babe." She could hear the grin in his voice.

"May I ask why you're calling me at work? How do you even know this number?"

"I convinced Duper to give it to me. I actually called to see if you wanted to go out for lunch?"

Of course that's how he got the number. Can't say I'm surprised.

"I have a thirty minute lunch break. If you can squeeze in a lunch date into that, then I'm all yours." Hayden caught Jules' eyes across the head of Zoe Dupuis, and the older woman wiggled her eyebrows.

"See you in five, babe."

When he hung up, she continued holding the phone in her hand, staring down at it. Hayden definitely didn't think he'd take on the challenge.

"You have a lunch date?"

Jules was grinning at her. She knew that Hayden hadn't had a boyfriend since she started working at the school, so this guy had to be something special if he managed to score a date with her.

"It seems that way." Hayden smiled back at her and held out the phone. "Don't you have anything else to do besides eavesdropping on my phone calls?"

Poking her tongue out, Jules grabbed the phone and started walking away. After only a few steps she turned back the the blonde who'd returned to her coloring. "If I'm going to let you off for lunch earlier, I at least need to see this man who's managed to score a date with you."

Instead of blushing like she'd done when around Jordan, Hayden only made a face at her and Jules rolled her eyes before walking away.
______________

As he'd told her over the phone, Jordan showed up exactly five minutes after he hung up. Hayden was standing where the kids hung their coats, Jules 'hiding' behind the wall while waiting to see who she'd been talking with on the phone. As soon as Jordan walked through the kindergarten's front door, Hayden was pushing him back out through it, yelling: "Bye, Jules! See ya later!" over her shoulder.

"What was all that about?" Jordan laughed out when they walked towards his car.

"I just didn't want to be held up by my colleague."

"Wow, someone's eager."

Hayden groaned at the double meaning he definitely knew the words held. I just hope I survive these twenty-four minutes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second chapter of the day, hence why it's so short. Next chapter will be their first official date!

Title credit: Kingdom Come - The Civil Wars.

READ PLEASE!: I have an idea of a Brian Boyle story inspired by the movie The Proposal. Opinions? Leave a comment! :)