Status: ON HOLD

Blue Eyes Don't Lie

Those Words Resound In My Head

Now I lay on my bed waiting
Those words resound in my head
Now I remember he told me
'You'll see when everything ends'

~ Young Guns

_________________________

To Hayden's surprise, Jordan was the perfect gentleman when he dropped her off. He got out of the car first and hurried around to open hers, he even walked her to the kindergarten's front door. Once there, Hayden turned her back to the door and looked up at Jordan.

"Thank you for lunch. I have to say, I had a good time."

Jordan tried to look offended at her tone of voice but the corners of his lips still twitched. "Ouch. You sound so surprised."

Choosing not to comment on that, Hayden grinned. "I did say that I had a good time though, didn't I?" With a last smile and a small wave, she reached for the doorknob behind her back. "Bye, Jordan."

And then Hayden was inside and shut the door.
__________________

For the rest of the day it seemed like everything reminded me of Jordan. One of the kids drew with a blue crayon, and all I could think was that Jordan's eyes are blue. Trying to think of other things didn't work either, believe me. I tried. When I finally was able to go home I was dead tired of associating everything with a certain hockey playing, blonde giant.

As I walked through the front door, Karen was already on the couch watching one of her many reality series. She turned her head and grinned. "How was your day?"

The look on her face told me that she already knew all about it. "Who told you?"

"Jules," she answered and I made a mental note to talk to Jules about gossiping over the phone with my best friend.

Shooting a longing last look at the tv, Karen turned it off in favour of staring at me. Suddenly aware of the fact that I was still standing just inside the door, I started pulling off the boots I was wearing and hanging my coat on one of the hangers to my right.

"How was your date with Staalsy? Tell me all about it."

Karen was practically bouncing up and down in her seat like an overexcited puppy. If her question wouldn't have brought my thoughts back to Jordan, I would have laughed at the sight she made.

"I'm starting to regret giving you a key to my apartment," I tried to distract her, but was half serious, when my attention was drawn to her clothes. This wouldn't have been that first time Karen had raided my closet, which was why I was starting to run out of sweatpants and oversized t-shirts I'd stolen from my dad.

Ignoring her stare I walked over and flopped onto the couch next to her. I also tried to reach for the remote, but Karen held it away at arms length. "How was the date, Hayden? And don't make me ask you again."

Karen never seemed to understand that when she tried to be intimidating, she was about as scary as a bunny. But I couldn't tell her that, it'd only make her try harder and then I'd be scared that she would have an aneurysm or something. Nevertheless, I answered her just to make it easier on myself.

"It was fine. I had a good time," I said.

Karen gave away some sort of whining sound and crawled towards me on the couch. "C'mon, Hayden! I want details. I need details. This is the closest I'm ever going to get to dating a Staal. Please," she whined and collapsed face first into the cushions.

"Fine," I sighed which made Karen jump up into a sitting position. While I recounted every part of my lunchdate with Jordan, as well as the phone call, Karen acted every part of the puppy she could look like. "- And then I went inside. That's all. No dirty details what so ever."

Her face fell. "What? Nothing dirty at all? You didn't even feel him up underneath the table?"

Karen made it sound like it was my duty to feel him up and I made another mental note not to leave Karen unsupervised near Jordan or any other hockey player. Maybe with the exception of Max Talbot, he'd probably enjoy it. But who knows.

"No, I didn't. The only dirty things were the words I used when I couldn't get Jordan fucking Staal out of my head!" When my voice rose Karen started giggling. "Stop laughing! I'm serious! Everything reminded me of him somehow, so by the end of the day I was sick of seeing his face in my head!"

Karen gasped and stared at me as if I'd insulted the existence Kris Letang's hair. Something I could never do, of course. It was way too amazing for that.

"You got sick of seeing Jordan Staal's face?! How can you say that?! Have you seen the boy?!"

Deciding that I could indeed go on without hearing another one of Karen's rants about the Pittsburgh Penguins being the best looking team in the league, I got up from the couch and went into the kitchen. This didn't stop her though, Karen continued talking about 'the perfection that is James Neal's face' (her words, not mine) while I only rolled my eyes and took a waterbottle from the fridge.

With Karen still babbling in the background, I left the kitchen and continued into my bedroom where I searched for some comfortable clothes she might have left behind during her many closet raids.

When I re-joined Karen on the couch she still hadn't left the topic of James Neal's face, and during this time I'd changed my clothes, washed away my make-up and used the toilet. It would probably take her a whole twenty-four hours to analyze every Penguins' face.

"Okay, Karen. I get it, every Pens player is perfect," I sighed, grabbed the remote she was still holding and turned the tv back on. Karen only looked at me for a few seconds, contemplating if she should continue ranting, decided against it and turned her attention to the screen.

"Damn right they are."
♠ ♠ ♠
I actually found it easier to write from Hayden's point of view, it got a better flow when I wrote it. This story will now be my top priority to update since my Brian Boyle story is now finished.

Title credit: Everything Ends - Young Guns.