Status: Was titled Why Can't We Be Together. Everything is being edited and rewritten

Mixed Feelings

Prologue

The world went into an uproar when the knowledge of my kind appeared on the front page of every possible newspaper. Not only were humans confused and worried to death but vampires were furious with the one who let our secret out. For thousands of years we were able to keep our existence a secret with only a few loyal humans knowing. We were able to keep suspension to a minimum and then he screwed it up. To make a long story short and less confusing a vampire living in another country thought it would be a good idea to starve himself to the brink of insanity and he bit a person in public. Idiot hated his life. There are quicker ways to end yourself. His options weren't limited he could have easily took a stake to the heart, stood in the sunlight somewhere secluded or set himself on fire.

Any of those choices could have been better then starving himself but idiots do make up this world and he was one of them. Questions were constantly asked of us after the incident. How could we stand in the sun without bursting into flames. Easy. Witches and wizards also live among us but that's a whole other story which I'm not going to explain. Now this started bigger problems in the "fantasy" world some of you would call it. Everything about our society connected to a whole new society: fairies, werewolves you name it. We could only give so much information to keep the others hidden. We didn't want to bring them down because someone's stupidity. Now let me explain how witches and wizards comes into our history.

It happened in the mid 1800's. I'm not so familiar with this story because I've never studied much of vampire history in the first place. During the mid 1800's there was a man that went by the name of Mitchell Lively. He was middle class vampire. He lived alone in house on the edge of town with his maids. Now on the outside of town lived a beautiful woman named Carolina Morrison who lived with her two sisters and brother. Carolina and her family were strange to the town but were a kind family who helped others in need. They were quiet known around the the town and even towns close by. Now during this time people were being accused of witchcraft which was in fact true. Some people were actually falsely accused while witches and wizards were killed.

Each night Mitchell spotted Carolina at the tavern during his nightly walks and hunts. He saw her as the most beautiful woman in the world and wished she was his. After his hunts he would drop by the tavern and order a drink which was never touched. Carolina and Mitchell spoke each night and soon they fell in love. On one particular day, a young boy accused many women including Carolina of witchcraft. Mitchell was devastated on the news and planned on freeing Carolina. The night before the executions of the accused Mitchell killed the guards and freed all the women. Carolina grew up to the stories of vampires and wasn't frightened at all. In return, she granted Mitchell the ability to walk in the sunlight through a necklace his family had passed down through generations. Now in a hidden shop in every town of the world, there lives a witch or wizard who gives a vampire the ability to walk during the day with the help of a piece of jewelry or even tattoo.

The vampire that ruined our entire society's secret will never see the daylight again. He was stripped of his ring and thrown in a dungeon until his court date in front of head vampire. He'll probably will be given the death penalty or placed in a dungeon for the rest of his life. The bad part about it is he'll never die.

It's been a few months since the headlines of the newspaper flashed <i> Vampires Living Among Us </i> I remember the day like it was yesterday. I was in school working on some class assignment that probably never to finished with my two friends Bob, who is a vampire and Ray, who is our human friend. He knows our little secret and kept it to himself. Everything seemed perfectly fine until I noticed all this commotion outside the classroom doors. Students running down the halls, teachers speaking loudly as they walked pass the door. Then the principal's voice came over the intercom and announced all teachers should go online and broadcast the news. I soon had this panic feeling when the words <i> Vampires Exist <?i> on screen. The whole class grew quiet and stared around the room. The man on the screen mentioned that vampires were in schools, hospitals, stores, any place you could think.

By the end of the week there were a list of vampires----students that were given to the principal and read off during an assembly. Everyone looked at me different after that. I lost some good friends and no one wanted to bee around our kind. It sucks but hey I still have my two best friends. The bad thing about this is I have a crush on a human.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really sorry it took me so long to write the first chapter for this story. I hope you enjoy this chapter and perhaps its good enough. Tell me if you see any mistakes. :)

Subscribe. Comments. Thanks