Status: updates whenever possible :)

A Beauty in All She Is

Two

I looked up at the motel I was staying in. It was barely decent, but it was somewhere that was close enough to Daisy's previous home. I had only planned on staying here a week, just to talk things out with Tony and meet my nephew, Teddy. I had sent presents every year, from his birth till his 3rd birthday and I was finally going to see what he looked like. Of course, I was not looking forward to facing his father who pretty much treated me like dirt over the phone. But in his defense, he had lost the love of his life over the last month and he was left as the carer of a baby when he travelled around the world to play music for a living which over complicated his life situation. That's why I was here, to give him a hand, to relieve the pressure he most probably felt from the rest of the band and the obligation to raise a child. I truly did feel sorry for him, I don't blame him for being extremely over protective over Teddy.

I handed the money to the taxi driver and he thanked me, driving off to continue his job. I entered the stained and uncared for building, the tacky letters spelling motel on the side of the building, the 'O' in motel not working.

'Mornin' Miss.' The man at the reception desk stood behind, his beer belly stopping in front of the desk, limiting his closeness to the computer. He stretched his arms forward, clicking on the mouse of the old box monitor computer in it's disgusting grey/cream colour. I nodded, addressing him with a small smile to hide my expression as I looked around from the stained walls and battered sofa.
'Can I help you?' He smiled, his over grown greying moustache hovering over his large mouth. My eyes diverted to the brown stain on his yellow button up shirt.
'Hi, I booked a room online. Sienna Court-Jameson.'
'Ahh, British.' He reached behind him for a key. 'Room 316, enjoy your stay, Miss Jameson.'
'Thank you very much.'

I hauled my suitcase up the stairs as this place seemed to not have enough money for a lift. My arms ached by the time I reached the third floor, my luggage was harder to pull on this ugly looking red carpet. As I came to my room, I struggled with the key but eventually managed to unlock my assigned temporary home.
A double bed was placed in the centre, a small bedside table to the left with a partially broken lamp. There was also a small desk in the corner with a random bit of paper and fast food flyers in a pile, a small TV placed on it. The curtains were closed, making the room look even darker and morbid than the chosen colours and decoration made it look. I sighed as I closed my door and place my luggage in the corner and sat on the edge of the bed. I pulled out my phone and scrolled to the contacts where I dialled Shelley.

'Hello, Shelley? I'm here.'

*

Not long after, Shelley had picked me up. She had changed severely in appearance. Her once long golden hair was now in a short choppy style, the hair colour of a dark red cherry. Her eyes had become greyer since the last time I saw them and were no longer holding that very very faint ocean tint of blue. Her eyes were lined heavily with liner and her face much slimmer. I also noticed a small stud in her nose. That blonde haired girl who was a few pounds over curvy no longer existed and was replaced with the the more mature version of herself.

The journey from the motel to the cafe was moderately silent apart from the soft Aerosmith track which had me tapping my foot to. We now sat face to face with each other, searching for things to say within the years that I hadn't seen her. I had quite a lot to catch up on. She flicked hair out of her eyes and hunched her shoulders, staring out the window. I couldn't help but notice the sadness in her eyes or the fact that she avoided looking at me. She sipped her coffee and laughed in spite of herself.

'I'm sorry. You just remind me so much of her.' She looked down, hiding the expression.
She pressed her lips together, surpressing a sob. Her eyes were dampening and she plucked up the courage to look at me. It took a lot of courage to do that. Especially after Daisy and Shelley being attached at birth, Daisy was ripped from her. And would never see her again. She was now sitting in front of me after the loss of pretty much her sister, finding features of Daisy within myself which I couldn't find.

I placed my hand upon hers, rubbing circles with my thumb. She flinched at my touch making me instantly regret even touching her.
'I'm sorry, I just...'
'It's okay.' I smiled sympathetically. She put her other hand over mine.
'It must be hard for you too.'
I focused my attention on the salt shaker.
'It is. I have to face reality though. There's nothing either of us can do now, I have to focus on her child now and what she wanted. I have to move on.' I wiped the stray tear quickly before anymore came flooding.
'I just wish you were here, Sienna. To see how happy she was, to see how happy Tony made her.' I just looked into Shelley's face, waiting for her to continue.
'He's devestated. It's so difficult to see him venture everyday in the world, he's so alone, Sienna. He's a robot and he needs your help.''

To be honest, Tony didn't seem like the type who went for a girl like Daisy. In photos, I had seen his tattoos and stretchers, his long hair and tight jeans. He seemed rebellious and misunderstood. I actually doubted he loved her for real when I found out she had runaway, that it was just a fling and he'd dump her with her child for another woman. But hearing this from Shelley now made me think.
It really must have been a shock to him when I called, Daisy hadn't even mentioned me. And I was willing to take my time to reveal the situation, to give him time to think and to reach his decisions over Daisy's request. But I had a feeling it was going to be the slightest bit difficult as he was the father of the child.

Thanks so much for coming, Tony really needs this.'
'He didn't sound like it over the phone.'
'Tony...can be like that. A little persuasion and a lot of bother will get you there.'
'He seems a over protective about Teddy.'
Shelley nodded and looked down. 'It's the only physical form which resembles Daisy herself. I don't think he can bare to lose anymore.'
I nodded, understanding the siuation.

'Hey, I'm sorry you're staying in that piece of shit motel. I'd gladly take you in but I don't exactly have my own apartment anymore. I never really stay at Jaime's either, I feel like I'm bothering him.'
'It's alright, I'm not here for too long.' I shrugged happily at smiled at Shelley's good heart and sense of uncomfortableness even at her own boyfriend's home.
'Are we ready to go?' She asked. I gulped and nodded, an uneasy feeling building up beside me.

*

Shelley parked a few blocks behind. I could see the location of his house just behind a tree and I breathed in slowly, repeating the lines in my head and choosing the right voice to accompany them. Shelley parked the car a few blocks incase Tony saw, she reckoned that he would've been upset with her encouragement.
I slowly got out of the car and placed my shoulder bag over my head, gripping the strap tightly. Nervously, I closed the door and pulled my sleeves over my hands, walking up the street until I reached the driveway. The grass was slightly over grown and a black audi was parked. I noticed all the windows of this 2 story home were shut and the curtains pulled. The pale yellow home looked pleasant and inviting, it definitely fitted Daisy's state but at the same time it lacked life and felt abandoned. A shiver ran down my spine as I realised that a few weeks ago my sister was here, I could almost feel her presence and I could imagine myself ringing the doorbell and her welcoming me with a huge grin and open arms. The thought of that made me tear.

I reached up and rang the doorbell, waiting patiently for an answer as I looked down at my worn converse.

The door clicked open, shaking me from my thoughts. A man with brown eyes and heavily tattooed arms stared at me. His red and black snapback was turned allowing me a full view to his very sweet face despite what covered his arms and the scary looking shirt he was wearing.

One. Two. Three seconds and a smash startled me. He had dropped the cup of orange juice he held resulting in millions of crystal and orange shards spreading out as his glassy eyes took in the sight that was myself. I even thought I heard him whisper Daisy's name.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi! Check out my other Tony story, Dog Days! Thanks for the comments guys and subs and recs :) ♥♡♥♡♥♥♡♥♡

Jess xoxo