An Unchecked Love Story

New Sense

I woke up to the sound of a very loud knocking on my door – which would be my mother, of course.

“Isabelle, get up and walk Fluff!” My mother said, with her oh so annoying voice.

I’m surprised my ear drums hadn’t gone out yet.

I rolled out of bed, two eyes barely open. I looked in the mirror; my hair couldn’t be more of a mess. I brushed my burgundy hair thoroughly, as quickly as I could. I was very short and petite, I didn’t mind at all. My skin was a peach color, over time the sun got to it. A little bit of freckles here and there. My eyes were probably the only thing I liked about myself; they were a sky blue. I was such an average looking girl – I hated it when people underestimated me. I was still in my pajama shorts and tank top.

I didn’t care about my appearance, there was nobody to impress anyway. I put on my cow slippers and grabbed Fluff’s leash on the way. Fluff was waiting outside my bedroom door, with such an innocent look on his face. I petted his soft white fur, as what seemed to be jungle, and went out the door.

It was beautiful outside. The sun nearly blinded my eyes. That’s what I call California weather. I turned to walk Fluff into the park, only to find a huge UHAUL truck blocking my view. Fluff started barking at it. He was probably intimidated by its size. I tried to go around it when a gorgeous boy –who probably could’ve passed for a supermodel– came out of the truck, with his pearly whites shining at me.

He had a tall, slender, muscular body. His eyes were a pool of hazel, which anyone would die to drown in. His hair was black, straight, and there was no sight of frizz. A little bit below his ears. His skin was tan, but it wasn’t the kind that looked like he just came out of the tanning booth; it was natural –or appeared to be– kind of tan. Any guy would kill for that color. He had no blemishes. His skin looked so soft; I had this odd urge to rub my hand against his face, just to prove my theory. I knew he’d think I was even weirder, if I did so. Everything about him seemed to be perfect, except for his smile – just a tad bit crooked. But it was still flawless.

I wasn’t sure if he was going to approach me or if he was looking at what a mess I was. I stood there, motionless in the driveway.

“Uh hi, I’m guessing you’re my neighbor,” He said, with a voice that could put me to sleep.
“Hello, I’m Isabelle,” I said, nervously.
“Have you lived here for awhile?”
“Oh gosh, yes. Since I was in diapers.”

He chuckled. How it was so cute

“Oh, I just moved here from Massachusetts.”
“Really, I guess you have a lot to get used to over here.”
“Auden! Help me bring in the couch” A man called –his dad, I’m guessing.
“I guess so. Well, I got to go help my dad. So I’ll see you later, hopefully”

I loved it how he put emphasis in his “hopefully”.

“Okay, bye”

When he left, I was still in shock. Reality still hadn’t hit me yet. I talked to someone like him? No, it must be my imagination again.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment and tell me what you think :]