An Unchecked Love Story

A Love Letter

A couple months later…

Dear love, my one and only angel, dear Auden,
I miss you quite terribly; there isn’t a moment where I don’t think of you. You’re a billion miles away from me and I honestly don’t know what to do. Without you, there is no me. I’m going crazy now. Seriously, my mother is actually considering me to go to a psychiatric. You only moved away a couple weeks ago and it feels like forever already. You said you were going to keep words, but you didn’t. I have my own plan. I’m going to run. I truly believe we were meant for each other, but things are too hard for us at the moment. I’ll be okay without you; at least for now. I think I know where I need to be. Don’t come looking for me, fate will bring us together. Read this letter a million times and maybe you’ll know where I am. I’ll always love you, remember that. You’re a permanent stain on my heart; I’m never washing you away—never.

Forever and always,
Isabella.


I sealed the pink –it was the only one I had left- envelope shut and wiped my tears away. I wasn’t sure if he was going to get this or not, maybe his parents would tear it up if they saw it. Like I said in the letter, fate would have told him some way.

A week later …

Auden’s point of view.
I heard a knock on my door; I already knew who it was.
“Leave me alone,” I said to my father.
“Come on Auden, can I just talk to you? It’s been weeks already.”
“I said leave me alone.”

He obviously gave up. I hadn’t talked to either of my parents since I moved here, back to Massachusetts- so far away from Isabelle. I always felt an ache in my heart when her name came up. I heard a loud bang; I looked over only to see my books from school had collapsed on the floor. I reached down to pile them neatly, I quickly glanced through my window and then back, noticing the mail man and a pink envelope in his hand. Is that a pink envelope? I asked myself. Hmm, maybe that’s from Isabelle. I raced down stairs.

I ran to my mail box.

“Hi sir, can I have that one?” I said, pointing to the pink envelope.
“You sure can.” He said, handing it over to me.

It read Isabelle’s name on it, in a cursive calligraphy-like handwriting.

I raced back up to my room eager to open it. Deciphering every word, by heart dropped. Running away? No, she can’t, she isn’t. She isn’t, I repeated.

I lyed down on my bed, keeping myself from drowning in my own tears. I wasn’t sure where to go on from this. I had no clue where she was running to.
There was a knock on my door. This was not a moment for my lousy parents to apologize to me.

“I don’t want to talk right now.” I said, sternly.
“This is really important.” I heard mom say.
“Later, not now.”
“It’s about Isabelle.”

My heart jumped.

I was speechless, my mom took that was a yes. She walked in front of me, with a look on her face, like there was something wrong-I knew there was.

“Isabelle’s missing.” She said.
“Where has she gone?” I replied, pretending like I didn’t already know this.
“I don’t know, neither do her parents. The police are searching for her, but they haven’t found anything yet. You think you might know where she has gone?”
“If I knew, I wouldn’t tell you anyway.”
“Auden, this is serious. If you have any information we need to know.”
“It’s your fault anyway.”

She shook her head slowly.

“It is.” I repeated. “If you guys could just accept your differences, none of this would have happened. If something tragic has happens, I’m pointing my fingers to you.”
“Don’t say that!”
“I just did. You took her away from me. Do you know how much that hurts? There’s a huge hole in my heart. I don’t think it’s ever going to recover. She’s the oxygen I breathe, she’s the brightest star I know, when I’m with her, nothing matters. The butterflies she give bring brings me to could nine. She completes me. There is no me without her.”
“Honey, I’m sorry.”
“Sorry doesn’t mean anything. Just leave, I need to be alone.”

I was lost, lost in my thoughts and my feelings. I didn’t know what to do. My face was moist and soggy from my tears. I packed my bag, opened my safe and left. I didn’t know exactly where I was heading, but I knew she had to be somewhere in California.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I haven't updated in the longest time, I've just been busy and what not. I have some ideas for this story, I'm just not sure how to put everything together. Hope you enjoyed anyway.

:D