Status: I hope you like it. It's my first story so if you have any advice for me please feel free to share

Babette's Story

Chapter 30: Bliss

Bringing my baby girl into this world didn't completely erase my horrific memories, but she sure had many ways of making me forget. For the first two weeks I spent hours just watching her sleep. Watching the small smiles and many expressions that came across her face in her slumber. It was enough to keep my mind occupied. Thinking of what could possibly be in her mind in such a short amount of time in this world.

Months were passing us by. Arilynn went from being a newborn to a six month old baby in what seemed like the blink of an eye. She is loved, spoiled, and protected- that's just speaking on the men in her life. For us women, she was a breath of fresh air. We were in awe of her. Her tiny delicate features stole most our attention as we tried to decipher who she looked more alike. Thick, soft, dark brown hair covered the top of her head. Small pouty lips and same complexion as her poppa. She had inherited full Darmody eyelashes that touched her cheeks when she slept. Her deep set eyes look like molten titanium- bright beautiful gray eyes.

My 21st birthday was quickly approaching. Time sure does pass you by when you're enjoying it. My crazy cousin was already making plans to celebrate. Surprisingly, Richie's animosity towards the Bondurants was diminishing with each and every visit he made to see his niece. He'd end up having a couple drinks with Eli and the Bondurants and a few laughs. It was a good feeling and a sight to see that the men in my life were finally coming together. I was more so surprised when neither of my brothers made a big deal about Angie and Howard's secret romance coming to light- I mean they barely tried to hide it after a while. They still bickered and bantered like children, but it seemed like foreplay for them. Aunt Gillian was just happy her daughter found someone in this county.

Maggie and Eli were more reserved. They weren't open and as obvious as Angie and Howard, but there was no denying what was shared between them. The moments when I would see them alone and away from everyone was when I saw how deep of a connection they had. As for Richie's love life, well, Eli would just say that he had new loves every other day. Not one for settling down, that brother of mine.

My love for Forrest had grown deeper. He was patient with me. He never pushed me to be intimate with him. It's been almost a year since my rape, and Forrest never pressured me to have sex. It took me a while not flinch at his touch. He took his time helping me learn to be held by a man again. He gave me enough space to heal on my own, and was there when I felt I wasn't strong enough. He's been a great father. Although I can always see the hint of worry in his eyes. Whether it was worry of Arilynn's future- of her growing up, or if he was worried about the terror looming knowing that Deputy Rakes was still out there wrecking havoc on Franklin County.

.....:::::::::::::::::::::•:::::::::::::::::::::::......

I awoke to an empty space beside me. Turning to lay on my back, I caught movement coming from my left. The picturesque sight before me brought a smile to my face. Forrest sat on the rocking chair by the window with our daughter in his arms. The early morning sunlight giving them a precious glow. Arilynn sleeping soundly on his chest. I must have been in a deep sleep if I didn't hear her get up.

"When did she get up?" I asked as I sat up, my voice slightly hoarse. Forrest smiled down at his baby girl.

"Couple hours ago." He whispered, deeply. "Didn't wanna wake you." He rose slowly from his seat, careful not to disturb his precious girl. He sat on the the edge of the bed right next to me, looking at me lovingly in the eyes. Which caused a slight blush to my cheeks. Forrest adjusted Arilynn just enough to free one arm. Reaching over to cup my face, he leant in and placed a soft kiss on my lips. Pulling away slightly he said, "Happy Birthday, Babette."

A huge grin spread across my face. "Thank You." I blushed uncontrollably.

Forrest stood once again, walking over to Arilynn's crib and laying her gently inside. He turned his attention back on me. "You should probably start gettin' ready."

My eyebrows furrowed. I stared at him skeptically. "Why should I?"

Forrest' lip twitched. "Cuz your cousin made a fuss 'bout you celebratin' your birthday in her house." He shook his head. I knew that it was absolutely useless to put up a fight. Knowing Angie she would just barge in and take me hostage.

I dressed in a red three quarter length dress with gold buttons that went down the back. A pair of nude shoes with a small heel. My hair styled in finger waves that framed my face. I kept my makeup simple with a touch of blush on my cheeks, mascara and red lipstick that popped against my porcelain skin.

Maggie dressed my daughter in a cute little spring dress. giving me time to focus on getting myself ready for once. Descending down the stairs, I took in the sight of the Bondurant crew along with Maggie actually looking happy with no worries. Jack held his niece on his lap facing towards her uncle Howard, who was sending her in to fits of laughter with one little sound effect. It was infectious. Everyone laughed when she laughed. Forrest noticed me, the seriousness of his gaze that held depths of emotion sent tingles throughout every nerve end in my body. I shutter as a small gasp escapes my lips when I inhale. The moment was quickly interrupted by the voices of the others in the room wishing me a happy birthday. Shortly after the birthday wishes and a massive bear hug from Howard we were all on the road to my old home.

Stepping in to aunt Gillian's house I was practically attacked by both my brothers and pop to get ahold of Arilynn first. "Boys you wait your turn." My pop said with a wide grin. "You want your grandpa, don't you lil lady?" he cooed at my daughter, who excitedly leaned into my pops waiting hands. Once in his arms pop turned his attention on me, "Happy birthday honey." He placed a kiss on my forehead and then walked to the family room with babbling baby.

"Happy birthday Baps!!" Both my brothers said in unison. They each took turns hugging me. "Geez Baps, you're getting old." Richie said playfully.

I snort. "Says the one who's closer to thirty than I am!" He laughs and moves on to greet the others. Richie wastes no time in offering everyone drinks, that Howard quickly accepts. They all head towards the kitchen, Eli and Maggie lagging a little behind the rest of them- leaving me and Forrest alone. The tingling feeling that I felt at the station returning and intensifying being closer to one another. Forrest grabbed me by my waist closing the gap between us. His hands gently tilting my face upwards. What started as soft pecks at the corners of my lips, turned to a deeper kiss. The familiar feelings running through my body I haven't felt in a very long time.

"Save that for later lovebirds! Its family time at this time of the day." Forrest and I chuckled at my cousin Angie's words. Giving Forrest a quick peck on the cheek and shooing him away and out on the back porch with the rest of the guys. "Happy Birthday!!!!! She squeals.

As the day turned into night my family became more intoxicated, all with the exception of my pop, Forrest and aunt Gillian. Although I tried to refuse the first couple of drinks, it fell on Angie's deaf ears. She would not take no for an answer especially since it was my birthday. Music, nonstop laughter and friendly digs consisted of my birthday celebration. This was by far my best birthday. My immediate family- my new family together and getting along was all I wanted since I started with Forrest.

Jack was the first to sneak off mentioning something about being tired, but we all knew he was going to make a drunken visit to see Bertha. Maggie and Eli was next as they discreetly sauntered away into the dark of the night together. Where? Would be left to the imagination. Angie and Howard, however, held nothing back about what their intentions were. Although we all wished they did. Richie stumbled into the house, clearly he had consumed too much alcohol. That left Forrest and I on the back porch alone. I rose from my seat immediately feeling the liquor I was forced to drink. Trying to contain my equilibrium as I walked across to where Forrest was sitting. His hat pulled low, his lips only visible. I could feel the blood flow through my body to a very sensitive destination. He never moved. I sat in his lap wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I think we should head home now, Forrest." I slurred. "Before Angie's finished with your brother and decides to keep us longer." I giggle. Forrest chuckles as his rubs small circles on the middle of my back before they finally settle on the small of my back.

"Yea, I think you're right." He grumbles. He stands, still holding on to me. He leads me inside of the house. Aunt Gillian is just about done cleaning.

"Aunt Gillian?" I call out trying to sound as normal as possible. "We're gonna head home."

"Okay sweetie." She says with a huge smile.

"Is Arilynn with pop?" I ask.

"No, she's sound asleep in my room." I go to make my way up the stairs when she stops me. "You can leave her here t'night. Lord knows you two can use the rest, especially after all that drinking tonight." She teases. I can hear Forrest snort from behind me.

"You sure aunt Gillian? I don't-" she cuts me off with a wave of her hand.

"Hush now! Forrest you take my niece home. Make sure she drinks plenty of water. Poor thing is gonna have a hangover in the mornin'." She says practically pushing me towards the front door. I don't see pop in the family room so I know he must've went to bed already. She gives us both big hugs and kisses before we leave out the door. Forrest wraps an arm around my waist leading me towards the car.

Arriving at the station it's quiet. Everyone is still out I suppose. Once I step foot in my room I kicked off my heels and started working on my dress. Struggling to get my buttons undone in my inebriated state, I felt Forrest come up behind me. The closeness of our bodies sent shivers down my spine.

He slowly and I mean tantalizingly slowly undid my buttons. My dress sliding down my arms and then body until it was a pool at my feet. His hands reached up to the straps of my slip moving them off my shoulders so that it too fell to my feet. My heart rate accelerating. I turned to face him. Returning the favor and relieving him of his shirt. Letting my hands wander across his chest. Our eyes finally meeting and I'm already panting.

"I want you Forrest." I breath huskily. Those words was all Forrest needed to hear to ravage me. We kiss as if its the last thing we'll ever do. Only stopping for air and even then his lips never leave my body. His kisses travel down my neck and collar bone. One hand placed at the nape of my neck and the other around my waist pulling me as close as he possibly can. The only sound that could be heard was both of our heavy breathing. Forrest lifted me up wrapping my legs around his waist and sitting on the bed so that I'd straddle him. His kisses traveling further down to my breast. A moan escaping my lips. His hand gently massaging the apex of my thigh, getting dangerously closer to the warm moisture between my legs. His finger expertly finding and moving against my clitoris causes me to gasp loudly. A sensation I haven't felt in a very long time. I grind against his finger. Forrest then pushes two fingers into me and I shutter. I groan tossing my head back in ecstasy. In one swift and fast motion I am now under Forrest. His fingers still inside me going slowly in circular motion and then in and out. I start to whimper the building of my release intensifying. Forrest kisses me to muffle my cries. Before I even know what's happening he removes his fingers and enters me excruciatingly slow. I welcome the fullness with a long drawn out moan that Forrest answers back with a grunt of his own. I can feel myself on the verge of going over the edge, but I don't want this to end just yet. His rhythm is slow and steady until he feels my nails digging into his back and my muscles tightening, that he starts to pick up his pace. His face buried in my neck. I can hear myself calling out his name in pleasure but my voice is unfamiliar. A few more pumps and I am unable to contain it any longer. I explode loudly all around him as he cums. He collapses on top on me utterly spent. We're both out of breath and breathing heavily. Too weak to move, we stay in this position for a long time before Forrest lays down pulling me up with him. My eyes are heavy. Forrest softly traces circles on my back before I drift off into a blissful sleep.