Untitled

Beau Bokan and Craig Owens slash (Craig's POV)

I walked across the parking lot, to get to my bus. It's another day with nothing to do. I'm spending New Year's Eve alone, with nobody to love. I sighed. Another year filled with unsaid words and nights alone, which was entirely my fault, no doubt. You see, I'm in love with someone, my friend, actually. And, I never told him, because, well, how do you tell your friend that you're in love with them? The said friend is Blessthefall's singer, Beau Bokan. Fuck, he's gorgeous. Just the thought of him makes me blush. Oh, damn, I'm in public. Stop it, Craig.

Just then, my phone buzzed, stopping my blushing and indicating I had a text.

'Hey! Party on the PTV bus in an hour. you in? ;) -Vic'

Oh, hey, look! Plans! I replied, 'Sure!' then put my phone away.

He replied 'btw, Beau's coming. ;) You telling him tonight?'

I blushed, then shook my head at his text and put my phone away. Everyone knew my feelings for Beau, EXCEPT Beau himself. Well, at least I hope he didn't. But, catching him on surprise...would that be worse? I don't know, but I am going to tell him tonight. I'll do it where not a lot of people are around, though, because I don't want the others to know.

I got on my bus, and decided to get ready. I have to look good for Beau. What should I wear? Flannel? Yeah, he likes flannel. I decided on a red and black one, unbuttoned, with a gray tank top underneath. Black jeans. Yeah, I don't have to be formal, Pierce the Veil's throwing the party, and it's on their bus. While brushing my hair, I tried thinking of ways to tell him.

"Hey, Beau. Can we talk? You know how we've been friends for a long time, right? Well, maybe we could be more than that?"

No, that's stupid.

"Hey, wanna go out?"

No.

"Hey, Beau! Guess who likes you? Me!"

God dammit, Craig! That's the worst one yet! Just give up.

I looked in the mirror and whispered to my reflection, "Give up, you fag. He won't go for you, no one would. You're wasting your time and your breath on this. That's stupid, like you. Just give up."

I slid down on the floor, putting my face in my hands. I could feel the tears forming.

"No," I whispered to myself, "No, get it together, Craig. Please. The party's in a little bit. You can't show up crying." That didn't stop the tears. For a good 15 minutes, I sat on my bathroom floor and cried. What stopped me was a text I got from Vic.

'Hey, feel free to come over in a minute! We got beer! -Vic'

I laughed, drying my tears. Well, if it doesn't work out, I could still drink myself into a coma. I stood up and dried my eyes, then smoothed down my hair and left. I got to the PTV bus a few minutes later.

"Hey, come on in!" Vic said, opening the door and letting me in.

"Thanks," I said, smiling.

"Craig! What's up, man?" Tino yelled.

"Hey, Tino!" I replied.

I looked around, to see Beau was already here. My breath got caught in my throat, but I kept a smile on. I began to walk over to him.

"Hey, Beau! How are you?" I asked him.

He looked like a deer in the headlights. "H-hey, uh, h-hi," he stammered.

I laughed, "That's good, haha. So, can you believe it's almost 2013 already? Like, where did 2012 go?"

He just laughed and shook his head. "I don't know," he replied softly. Oh, god, he's cute. I sucked in a breath, about to ask him out. Just then, he took out his phone. Am I annoying him? Even after he put it away, he still didn't look at me.

"Craig, my man! come here!" Phil yelled.

I looked over to see him and Tino motioning me to go over by them, so I did.

"Hey, guys," I said, sitting down next to them.

"Hey," Phil replied, "So," he got closer to me, "Did you tell him yet?"

I shook my head, "No. I'm going to, I just haven't figured out how."

"Well," Tino added, "Just come right out and say it. Say, 'Beau, I'm in love with you. Date me.'"

I laughed, "No!"

"Or, you could just kiss him. Pull him close and kiss him when the ball drops." Tony said, sitting next to Phil.

"Ya know, I really like that idea. Thanks, Tone, but where am I going to get the guts to do that?"

"Get drunk," Mike said, handing me a drink.

"But, then it won't be sincere," I said to the cup.

Tino scoffed, "You sound like a wuss, Craig. Just do it."

I sighed, then said, "Fine."

Jaime got up and turned on the tv, to one of those live coverage of Times Square shows, where people perform. I watched it for a while, and soon, it was 11:53. Shit, I didn't get drunk.

"Guys, I'm going to get a drink," I said, getting up and walking to the kitchen.

I filled up my drink, when someone entered the kitchen. I spun around and saw it was Beau. Fuck, I guess I have to do it now.

"Hey, Beau!" I said, smiling.

He walked up to me, "Hey. Listen, c-can we talk?"

Shit, is something wrong?

"Sure, what's up?"

He filled up his drink, "W-well, uhm...." he sighed, "This is really hard to say."

"What is? You okay?"

I was genuinely concerned. What was he about to tell me?

He shook my head. "Ever since we met, we've always been friends."

I nodded my head, "Yeah."

He continued, "Then...I don't know. In my head, we... I d- I..."

Now.

"10!

9!"

"I guess what I'm trying to s-say is..." he sighed.

It's now or never.

"8!

7!

6!"

"I'm in lo--"

I didn't even let him finish his sentence. I just grabbed his face and kissed him, softly and sweetly. I could tell he was stunned, but he didn't pull away. Wait, is he kissing back?

"2!

1!

Happy New Year!"

He wrapped his arms around my waist, and I smiled into the kiss, then pulled away. "I've been wanting to do that since we met," I admitted, looking down at my feet.

"Wait... You like me?" He asked, surprised.

I shook my head, "No..." I looked into his eyes, taking a breath, "I love you."

He began to smile. "I've been trying to tell you that all night!"

"You have?" I smiled.

He nodded. I moved my face closer to his, "Do you want to go out?"

"Yeah," he said.

I smiled, "Good," then kissed him once more.