Status: c'est fini

Heart & Soul

i exist on the best terms i can

Gavin used to be a lot happier. He used to live in Anaheim where it would be sunny almost everyday. Walking distance away from the happiest place on earth. He was happy with Nessa in California, going to the beach, fairs, and parks.

That changed when he moved in with Nessa. Seattle. Windy, cold, and harsh Seattle. Seattle with it's good coffee.

He was happy at first. Him and Nessa would talk every night, go out drinking, and just enjoy each other. They would hide themselves in a world they had created for themselves.

Money got tight, as it always does. Gavin worked in construction. Nessa worked in a record store. They would hardly see each other. When they did they would eat a quick dinner and go to bed. It then turned into eating dinner and fighting. Gavin taking blankets and pillows from the bedroom and sleeping on the couch.

Nessa had a temper. Horrible one. Nothing was simple with Nessa. She always wanted to fight. She was overly jealous. She wanted to be free. She wanted him to be at her side. She always wanted two things that were the opposite from each other.

But God she was beautiful. He couldn't deny it even as angry as he was with her. She was always tan, something she had inherited from her Mexican mother. Large brown eyes, curly black hair, full lips, and she was tiny. She was like a doll.

Gavin couldn't bare to leave her. She would always leave.

They would fight. Gavin would just sit and listen to her yell over and over again over the simplest things. Her face would go red and she wouldn't be able to breathe well. She would try to get a rise out of him, but always gave up.

He would just sit and remember when things with Nessa were well. She would go into their bedroom, throw all his clothes on the floor. Pick herself a nice outfit, short skirt, low cut shirt, and a pair of her highest heels.

She would leave and tell Gavin she wasn't coming back. She had had enough. So she left, she went to a bar, got completely drunk, flirt a bit with every guy in the place.

Then she'd call her sister, who was getting sick of her antics and ask her if she could move in with her. She always said yes, so Gavin wouldn't see her for a few days. She would pretend she was doing well, she didn't need to be with Gavin, she could live without him.

He would fold all their clothes again and place them in their drawers. Hang up all her short dresses and coats. He would make sure everything was clean for when she got back. She would always come back.

But Gavin had enough of it. Childish tantrums. Horrible tempers. Fighting and yelling. He left, he wanted to leave completely. He took some clothes and went to a hotel. He tried to think that Nessa would get better, they could work it out. But that wasn't an option. He wanted to leave.

To go back to California, have the sun on his face all year and talk to his family. He wanted to no longer fight with Nessa. He was done with the arguments and the constant leaving and coming. Gavin was over it, but not over Nessa.

So when Ian called him and said she was crying in the bar he sighed before pulling on his coat and beginning to walk from his hotel room to Ian's bar.

Beige dress, black pumps, leather jacket, and hair in a mess. She was there trying to stand, her manicured hands on her phone trying to call Claudia to come pick her up. She was swaying side to side, no doubt from the many screwdrivers she had been receiving that night.

Ian nodded his head and went to the back of the bar as he saw Gavin enter. Gavin shook his head as he walked towards her.

"Nessa, what have you done with yourself?"

"What are you doing here?" she hiccupped, the scent of vodka and oranges wafting up to his nose.

"Come on," he said as he took her small bag and wrapped his arm over her small shoulder. She molded onto him. Large brown eyes peering up at him through half lidded eyes as he wiped the strands of black hair from her face.

"Let's go home."

He sighed loudly and led her out of the bar and into the cold night.

He wasn't as strong as he thought.