Legends of Rendel: Blood of Heros.

The Fall of Night

Ashtralana stood up and looked around; she looked at the soldiers that still lay in the tent. Even though their wounds had been healed they still were sick and injured.
“So how are things going in here?” a voice said behind her.
She turned around. Arlona stood in the door way. Ashtralana glanced back at the soldiers.
“Well, they are healed up. But they still haven’t regained their strength or energy.” Ashtralana said.
Arlona looked around at the soldiers. She saw the numerous soldiers that laid on the ground.
“They have been through a lot the last few days. Maybe they just need some rest. “Arlona said.
Ashtralana looked around.
“Maybe, but it still doesn’t seem right.” Ashtralana said.
“Either way, I was given orders to make sure you don’t overdo yourself. And frankly after all of this you need some rest.” Arlona said.
Ashtralana looked at her.
“I’m not sure.” Ashtralana said.
“Milady, she’s right. You have done so much to help everyone if you keep this up you will were yourself out.” A voice chimed.
The young cleric that had followed her before stood behind her.
“Lilia. So you’ve been helping her this whole time?” Arlona asked.
“Yes, and she’s right milady. You need to rest; I will stay and tend to them until you get back.” Lilia said as she nudged her towards the door.
Ashtralana walked to the door slowly,
“Are you sure?” Ashtralana said as she glanced back
“Yes, now off with you.” Lilia said
Arlona stood in front of Ashtralana as Lilia nudged her out the door to the tent. Arlona grasped her hand.
“Come along now, we have a tent this way that you can rest in.” Arlona said.
She led Ashtralana to a tent on the other side of the tower. As they walked in three beds were set up in there.
“Since you’re a female Orion didn’t want you near the men. For obvious reasons.” Arlona said her red colored eyes glanced Ashtralana up and down.
“So you can use my bed to sleep in. We only have three because, well, it’s just me Iseris and Lilia. But I don’t mind sharing.” Arlona said.
Ashtralana glanced back out the tent to the one that had the soldiers in it. She then looked at Arlona.
“Ok, but if something happens please wake me up.” Ashtralana said. She laid her staff on a small chest in the tent. She then laid down on the bed that Arlona had motioned to.
“I’ll be outside if you need me. Sweet dreams.” Arlona said.
As Ashtralana slept, Arlona stepped outside.
“Did she get some rest?” a voice said.
Arlona glanced up. Orion stood in front of her. Azzyroth stood next to him.
“Yes sir. She is sleeping now.” Arlona said.
Orion glanced into the tent. Azzyroth slapped him on the arm.
“You know better than to glance in on a woman.” She said.
Orion brushed his armor where she hit it.
“Fine. Arlona please keep an eye on her.” Orion said.
Arlona nodded happily and stood outside the tent. Orion then glanced at Azzyroth and motioned to her.
“Come on we have some things to plan out for when the rest return.” He said as he glanced up.
“The sun is setting and they will hopefully return soon with the supplies I asked for.” Orion said.
The two walked off towards the table that had the map on it. Arlona glanced in on Ashtralana who laid on the bed.
“I know your there.” Ashtralana said.
Arlona stepped in.
“You should be asleep.” Arlona said.
Ashtralana sat up and glanced at her.
“Yes but something just does not seem right, they should have woken up already.” Ashtralana said.
Arlona sat next to her.
“Its fine, Lilia is with them if anything happens she will tell you.” Arlona said as her rubber her back.
Ashtralana glanced at her.
“Yeah, I just can’t help but think something is wrong though.” Ashtralana said.
Arlona glanced out the tent. The sun was almost set in the sky.
“I know, why don’t I find you some food to eat, then we can talk to help you relax.” Arlona said as she stood up. She walked out the tent and disappeared into the dusk light.
Ashtralana lay back down in the bed. Suddenly a loud roar echoed through the camp. Ashtralana jumped up. She ran to the tent door, but a figure stood on her path.
“Lilia.” Ashtralana said.
Lilia stood in the door. She slowly walked to Ashtralana.
“Is there something wrong with the soldiers?” Ashtralana asked.
Lilia slowly pulled a knife out from behind her back.
“No milady, but your magic is too strong to be over looked.” Lilia said as she grinned evilly.
Ashtralana’s eyes widened at the sight. She glanced at the staff that laid on the chest.
“What is the meaning of this Lilia?” Arlona said behind her.
Lilia glanced at her.
“Oh so the valiant Arlona comes back. No matter they will take care of you.” Lilia said.
Arlona pulled out her mace and stepped into the tent.
“Lilia answer me no….” Arlona began to say.
Suddenly she dropped her mace. Her hand trembled as she slowly glanced behind her. One of the creatures stood behind her. Though it appeared the same as the others. Its armor was the same as the soldiers that was at the tower. The blade it held in its hand was deep into her side. Blood dripped from the blade as it let out a slow growl.
Arlona glanced back at Ashtralana. A look of fear was on her face.
“Im…..sorry.” Arlona slowly said.
The creature ripped the blade from her side as Arlona fell to the ground.
“Arlona!” Ashtralana yelled. She stepped forward to aid her.
“Oh no you don’t bitch.” Lilia yelled.
Suddenly Ashtralana stopped. Her vision blurred as she stared at Arlona. She glanced down towards the ground. She could see the blade that Lilia had was now deep into her stomach.
“With you gone, Mistress Merinsha’s will shall prevail.” Lilia said as she ripped the blade from her stomach.
Ashtralana collapsed on the ground. Blood pooled under her. She watched as Lilia walked out the tent with the creature behind her.
“Good bye milady,” she said with an evil grind.
Ashtralana glanced at Arlona who laid on the ground motionless. Tears formed in her eyes. Her vision slowly faded as she could hear voices scream and cry out from outside. Then everything went black.