Legends of Rendel: Blood of Heros.

Washed the spider out....

Papriika rolled Neroza onto his back. He looked up at her.
“Why did you do that?” she asked
She looked at his arm. Two giant holes were punched through his armor.
“Instinct I guess.” He said quietly
“Neroza!” Bellora cried out as she ran to his side.
The spiders had begun to retreat with the queen. Norfire swatted at one of them with his staff and knocked it to the ground. He thrusted his staff into its body and drug it to Papriika.
“Can you make an antidote?” he said as he pulled the staff out of the spider.
“Not with one of the smaller ones. I would need some of the venom from the queen.” She said as she looked at the spider.
“dammit.” Norfire stated as he kicked the spider away.
He looked at Bellora who tried to hold back her tears.
“What about that cleric girl yall were with?” He asked
Bellora looked up at him then back down to Neroza.
“Yeah she could but I don’t know if we would make it back in time. It took us awhile to get here.” Bellora said as she shook her head.
“Dammit again.” Norfire said with a huff.
Bellora stood up suddenly and walked in the direction that the queen ran.
“Where are you going?” Papriika asked.
“After that bitch, you need the venom and it may be the quickest way.” Bellora said.
“Look there is no way you can kill her alone.” Norfire said.
Bellora turned and glared at him.
“He would do it for any of us.” She said.
She then ran off into the forest after the queen. Norfire watched her run off and then looked at Papriika. Papriika tended to Neroza as she rubbed some medicine to stop the bleeding.
“You’re just….but…she’s…” Norfire stuttered
He then rubbed the back of his neck.
“Hardheaded, loud, reckless, she’s just like us.” Norfire said.
He looked back at Papriika then back at the forest. He then shook his head again.
“Gah” he growled as he ran after her.
Papriika smiled as she watched him run off. She looked back at Neroza who had passed out from the poison.
“Hold on Neroza I’m sure she will be back soon. “ Papriika said.
Norfire soon caught up to Bellora. He could see the queen up ahead of them.
“Fast aint she.” Norfire said.
“We have to slow her down somehow.” Bellora said as she ran
Norfire looked at the queen. Then at Bellora.
“I’m sure I can stop her.” He said as he held his staff behind him.
A swirl of energy formed around him. Suddenly flames erupted around him. His speed intensified as he quickly closed in on the queen. Flames were left in his wake. As he ran in front of the queen he quickly spun around and snapped his fingers. An explosion of fire engulfed the queen. He quickly rolled to the side out of the way.
The queen ran off, flames engulfed her body. She released a loud screech as she crashed into a tree. She collapsed as the flames began to burn her body. Bellora ran up and thrusted her hand forward. A swirl of cold icy air filled the area. The flames quickly died down and extinguished. She looked at Norfire.
“Good job but let’s not burn down the forest shall we.” Bellora said.
“Sorry. That was a bit easier than expected.” Norfire said.
The two approached the charred remains of the queen. They could hear the embers pop as they cooled down. Suddenly the queen began to move. Her abdomen and legs split open and new ones began to emerge.
“What the hell?” Norfire yelled.
“Shit, she’s molting, that’s why she ran.” Bellora yelled as she readied her weapon.
“What?” Norfire asked.
“Spiders are weaker when molting because their eyes become blinded.” Bellora said.
“Well shit this just got harder.” Norfire said.
Meanwhile as they fought the queen. Papriika cared for Neroza.
“He has a fever and his heart rate is increasing. If this keeps up…” she thought.
A rustle of leaves came from behind her. She spun around and watched as three spiders emerged from the bushes.
“Shit.” She said as she raised her weapon.
The spiders lunged at her. She prepared to fight them but an eruption of ice came from the ground. The spiders were impaled by the newly formed spikes.
“Whew that was close.” A voice said.
Papriika quickly turned in the direction the voice came from. There stood a young woman her long hair swirled in the icy magic.
“Hiya pappy.” She said
“A…Azzyroth!” Papriika said in shock.