Legends of Rendel: Blood of Heros.

Moonlight night

Ashtralana closed the door behind her.
“How is he?” Papriika asked.
“He’ll be fine, the poison took a lot of his strength and so did the fight so he’s just resting.” Ashtralana said as she sat down.
Ashtralana looked over at Bellora. She sat there and stared at her cup.
“You okay Bellora?” Ashtralana asked.
Bellora nodded her head. Papriika put her hand on Bellora's shoulder.
“Your daughter was pretty brave out there.” Papriika said.
Bellora continued to stare at her cup.
“She’s not our daughter.” Ashtralana said.
“Oh I just thought.” Papriika said.
“It’s ok; she’s been with us for five years. In all honesty I feel that she is. Ashtralana said as she took a sip from her cup.
Bellora sank down into her seat.
“We raised her since she joined us. Neroza taught her how to handle a sword. And I taught her the understandings of basic magic.” Ashtralana added.
“Well you taught her well. She was pretty skillful with that magic she used.” Norfire said.
Norfire unknowingly rubbed his shoulder. Bellora watched as he did. She remembered when the spider queen had impaled him there. Her lips began to tremble.
“Still hurt?” Ashtralana said
Norfire noticed what he had done.
“Na, it’s just I can’t get the feeling of what she did out of my head.” Norfire said.
“It will go away soon. You were lucky that was all you got.” Papriika said.
Bellora’s eyes began to tear up. Ashtralana took notice to this.
“It was a good thing we came when we did then.” Ashtralana added as she watched Bellora.
“Yeah because she would have had a norsnack if we hadn’t.” Azzyroth said as she nudged Norfire.
Suddenly Bellora bursted into tears. She quickly got up and ran outside.
“Bellora!” Papriika yelled as she reached for her.
“Leave her be.” Ashtralana said.
Papriika looked at her.
“but.” Papriika said.
“She was holding in her emotions. And I’m sure you know that doing so can hinder you in both magic and combat. Give her some time she will calm down.” Ashtralana said calmly.
Papriika glanced at the door that leads outside. Azzyroth had a concerned look on her face.
“It may be what happened with the queen spider.” Norfire said.
Azzyroth looked at him with a concerned look then back at the door.
“I didn’t mean to make her upset I was just picking at Norfire. Maybe I should…” Azzyroth said as she stood up.
“No.” A stern voice said.
They glanced in the direction the voice came from. Neroza emerged from the doorway with his hand on his head.
“She ran outside.” Ashtralana said without a single glance at him.
“And you should be resting.” She said again with a stern voice.
Neroza rubbed his hand thought his hair and down to his neck.
“I’m fine. Can’t sleep with all the commotion anyway.” He said as he glanced at the busy villagers. They all celebrated the defeat of the spider queen.
“Such death and destruction and yet they still fine the energy and all to smile.” Papriika said as she glanced around.
“They lived in fear of the spiders before we came. Now they don’t have to. They can live free of fear that’s something to be happy about.” Norfire said.
Azzyroth sat quietly and stared at the door Bellora ran out of. She then stood up and grabbed her cup.
“I need a new drink.” She said as she quickly walked away.
The others continued to converse as she walked towards the door.
“And where are you going?” a voice said behind her.
“Eep!” She said as she spun around.
Neroza stood behind her. His face showed no emotion.
“I said leave her alone.” Neroza said
“Well I’m not, she needs someone to talk to and I feel bad about what I said. So I don’t care how mean you look I’m going to find her.” Azzyroth said with a snip in her voice.
“ok.” Neroza said as she walked past her.
He walked out the door and into the warm night air. The light of the moon casted an eerie glow upon everything. The ruins of the village looked like a ghost town. He turned to face Azzyroth.
“So find her.” He said as he leaned up against the post.
Azzyroth glanced around and began to walk to the side of the inn. Neroza chuckled.
“What?” she said.
“Wrong way.” Neroza said.
Azzyroth glared at him, she then began to walk past Neroza towards a small cart. Once again Neroza chuckled. She quickly stopped and glared at him.
“Well then where is she smartass.” She snapped.
Neroza straightened up and walked towards the group of barrels that were next to the door. He slowly tipped one of them on its side and rolled it. The barrel rolled towards the post he stood at. It slammed against it and the top fell off.
“You didn’t have to roll me.” A voice emitted from the barrel.
“Yes I did.” Neroza said as he walked over and sat down on it.
Bellora crawled out of the barrel. She stood up and glared at Neroza.
“No you didn’t!” she said as she stamped her foot.
Neroza just stood up. He turned and wrapped his arms around her. Tears began to fall down Bellora’s face. Azzyroth watched as they silently stood there.
“Feel better?” Neroza said.
Bellora wiped her eyes as she stepped away from Neroza.
“Yeah. It’s just.” She started to say.
“I got injured and so did Norfire and you felt that it was your fault because you were not strong enough to do much and you blame yourself.” Neroza said as he looked at her.
Azzyroth stared at him in amazement. Bellora nodded her head.
“You’re still learning how to fight in combat, as well as how to use your magic. You tried with all you had, and you learned from it that’s all that matters.” Neroza said.
Neroza placed his hand on her head.
“Now stop crying. I’m hungry.” Neroza said as he turned to the inn.
Bellora giggled. She looked over at Azzyroth. Bellora walked over to her and looked up at her.
“Ummm can I ask you something?” she said with a sweet look on her face.
“Uh sure.” Azzyroth said.
“Can you and Norfire teach me some magic. The only things I can do are stuff I learned on my own.” Bellora said.
Azzyroth was set back by her request. She stared at Bellora for a second. The moon light caused her hair to have a vibrant blue glow. Her face was illuminated and her eyes shined like gems. Bellora could see the innocence in her. She glanced up at Neroza who stood at the doorway now. He had stopped and glanced over his shoulder at Bellora’s question. He nodded and then walked into the inn.
“Yeah I can help you with that.” Azzyroth said.
Bellora’s eyes lit up. Her smile lit up the night. The two walked back into the inn behind Neroza. As the three walked back towards the rest Papriika glanced up at them.
“Oh it’s good to have you three to join us. We were just talking about what we were going to do next.” She said.
Neroza pulled up a chair and sat down. Ashtralana had placed some food on the table for him.
“We were thinking of going to Riode. We heard that they were looking for help around there.” Papriika added.
“What about your payment, you said you were hired for the spiders.” Neroza said as he slowly ate.
“We already were paid by the guards. They paid up front.” Norfire said as he glanced at Azzyroth.
“Ok so what does this have to do with us?” Neroza asked.
Papriika looked over at him then at Ashtralana.
“We wanted you to come alone with us. Your skills are far superior to a lot of people that I have seen, and we could use your help.” Papriika said.
Neroza looked over at Norfire who tried to defrost his drink after Azzyroth had shown Bellora how to freeze it. The two girls giggled at the prank. Norfire used his magic to set Azzyroth’s napkin on fire. Bellora laughed at the two as they argued. He glanced at Ashtralana. She sat there and smiled as she watched Bellora. He then looked back towards Papriika.
“Fine. Bellora needs a teacher for her magic. And it will do her good to have people other than me and ash. So what exactly are we joining?” Neroza said.
Papriika smiled at his answer. She held out a ring. On the ring was a crest in the shape of a shield, in the center was a picture of a chimera.
“Welcome to the Shadow Tails.” She said.