Sequel: Faith
Status: Complete.

Broken

"Far enough, Jade."

Jade refused to show it, but her knees felt like water as Jordan stepped into the ring with her. His cocky smirk did nothing to calm her, if anything, it unhinged her a bit. It was predatory, and hungry.

"Doll, if you wanted me to touch you, all you had to do was ask." Much to Jade's dismay, a crowd had begun to gather, a few men chuckling at his words. She kept her stance firm, ready to move when need be. "Or I can give you a nice HARD workout back in the office, if you prefer."

"Knock it off, Jordan!" Tommy called from the floor.

"You pissed she wants someone else for once, Tommy? Jealous?"

Jade couldn't stop herself from glancing at her friend, just once. She had never seen him so angry.

That was all the opening Jordan needed. He hooked a foot behind her ankle and swept it upwards, taking her down with ease, Jade's back knocked against the canvas while Jordan stood over her chuckling. She launched her self back onto her feet, face red in embarrassment as she took her stance again.

"Knew I'd get you on your back soon enough, doll."

Jade let out a growl of frustration, launching her attack at Jordan's body and face. Snap kick, jab, cross, hook, he deflected each with a smirk on his face, only serving to infuriate her more and speed her attacks as her heart beat faster. Roundhouse, rear snap kick, jab, cross, upper cut. He was bigger than her, but she was quickly learning that she was faster.

She watched as Jordan's crooked smile faded as he grit his teeth, having to focus more and more on blocking her punches and staying balanced. And then she landed a punch to his jaw.

"Fucking bitch!" And before she knew it, he was attacking her right back, one punch connecting with her eyebrow. She could hear the sounds of disapproval surrounding her.

Jade screamed in pain and anger, her fear leaving her as she felt the blood start to trickle down her cheek. Jordan paused as he realized what he had just done, regret etched on his face. Then his face morphed into Andrew's in her head, and that was all that she needed.

Adrenaline kicked in and she landed a hard punch behind his ear, unsettling his balance enough that when she performed a leg sweep, Jordan actually hit the canvas, his head knocking back against it as he fell. He was obviously disoriented, the look in his eyes everything she needed to know. She didn't hesitate to raise her foot and bring her heel down towards his face, aiming for his nose.

Tommy's sudden grip on her arm threw off her aim, her heel landing on the mat rather than Jordan's face. "Far enough, Jade."

"Tommy, I didn't mean it to land, I fucking swear!" Jordan pleaded from the ground.

Jade swiped at her own nose before staring down at the man she had just disabled, all on her own. "You sure I can't break his nose, Tommy?"

He stared down at Jordan who hasn't dared to get back up. "We'll settle this later." Tommy's eyes were gentle as he turned back to face her. "Let's get you cleaned up, doll."
♠ ♠ ♠
Not sure how happy I am with this chapter. I backed myself into a corner a bit with Jade deciding she needed to spar with someone else.

Again, any information/suggestions on the fights are greatly appreciated. AND I appreciate every single comment made so far. More never hurts ...

Thanks again to all of you that are reading this. I'll try to get another chapter up tonight.