Status: I own nothing. Marvel owns the idea of the Avengers and their characters. I only own my character, and my ideas

The Agent's Daughter

Confronting Loki

"There's not many people who could sneak up on me.." He said. I took a deep breath. "But, I bet you figured I'd come.." I replied. "After whatever tortures Fury can concoct, you would appear as a friend, as a balm. And I would cooperate.." I just wanted to get straight to the point of why I had come in the first place. "I want to know what you've done to Agent Barton." I said, firmly. "I would say that I've expanded his mind..." He gave me an evil smile that I hated. I walked closer to the glass. "And once you've won. Once your king of the mountain, what happens to his mind?" I asked, as I crossed my arms. "Is this love, Agent Carter?" Loki asked, giving me his creepy grin again. He was actually starting to scare me, and I don't scare easy. "Love is for children. I owe him a debt." I said, plainly. Loki backed away from the glass, still facing me, and sat down on the bench that was in his cage, as he said to me. "Tell me..."

He said, giving me a bad feeling about it. "Um.... before I worked for S.H.I.E.L.D, I....well.. I made a name for myself, I had a specific skill set, and I didn't care who I used it for...or on..." I was amazed with myself right now, because I didn't remember what I was like before I was an Agent, so I was really surprised that I was remembering all this stuff that I was saying. "I got on S.H.I.E.L.D's radar in a bad way, Agent Barton was sent to either kill me or capture me to bring me back for Fury to kill me. Either way, he somehow persuaded Fury to let me live, and to give a chance to help the world. He took Barton's word for it, and he let me stay. Ever since, I've been a S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent...." "So what will you do, if I vow to spare him?" He asked, I had a feeling that he was going to ask that, so I simply replied, "Not let you out.." "No, but I like this..." He said, once again giving me that creepy smile of his, I shuddered. "Your world in the balance, and you bargain for one man.." He said, standing up. I stood up as well. "I owe him a debt, that's all there is, and that's are will ever be. It's not all that complicated" I said, firmly. "I have red in my ledger, and I'd like to wipe it out." I said, crossing my arms again. "Can you? Can you wipe out that much red? Doctor Johnston? Mel Charisma? The Senator? Oh, yes. Barton told me everything." My eyes widened just a bit. Remember Maddy, Clint's not himself anymore, there was no way that he told Loki all this stuff intentionally. I thought.

"Your ledger is dripping, it's gushing red, and you think saving a man no more virtuous than yourself will change anything?" He asked, as he got closer and closer to the glass. "This is the basest sentimentality. This is a child's prayer. PATHETIC! You lie an dkill in the service of liars and killers. You pretend to be separate to have your own code, something that makes up for all the horrors. But they will never go away!" He suddenly slammed his hand on the glass, and I jumped away in fear. "I won't touch Barton, not until I make him kill you. Slowly, intimatly, in every way he knows you fear..." I began backing away from the glass, in utter terror. "And then he'll wake just long enough to see his good work and when he screams, I'll spilt his skull. THIS IS MY BARGAIN, YOU MEWLING QUIM!" I turned around with tears streaming down my face. "Your a monster..." I sniffled. "Oh, no...." He said, "You brought the monster..."

I turned back around, my face clear of all emotions. "So... Banner? That's your play?" I asked. Loki looked confused for a quick moment. "What?" He asked me. I turned for the stairs. "Loki means to unleash the Hulk. Keep Banner in the lab. I'm on my way. Send Thor as well." I said, into my earpiece. As soon as I was about to leave, I turned back to face Loki, who still looked surprised at me. "Thank you for your cooperation." I gave him a smile, and left