Status: Work in Progress

The Tomboy and Her Nine Brothers

My Hectic Life

Katherine's POV

I woke up to someone shaking me, groaning I sat up straighter and stretched. I blinked my eyes trying to get rid of the blurriness and found my twin brother Kyle sitting beside me in the car with a bemused yet tired smile on his face.

“Time to wake up sis, we’re here,” he said before turning to unbuckle his seatbelt and climb out of the car. I followed his lead and wiggled my legs to get some feeling in them. Our family had decided to do a drive here rather then take a plane, making it into a road trip. Not fun when your riding in a car with four brothers who are not only loud but have no personal care of hygiene amongst the family. Meaning I almost died when the boys decided to have a farting contest half way through the ten-hour trip.

I stretched some more before looking up to stare at the tan colored three-story house our parents managed to find. Its hard finding a house with enough rooms for all of us, but then again it would be for any large family.

I guess I should introduce myself, my name is Katherine Sanchez and I am the only daughter of Teresa and Paul Sanchez, my parents. Our family is rather large and intimidating, having to live with eleven other people does that to you. And yes you heard correctly, I happen to have nine brothers, aren’t I lucky (sarcasm is my natural trait). I have five older brothers – well Kyle is my twin but he is still older them me by two minutes – and four younger brothers.

Growing up in a male dominant family has shaped me into the person I am today, meaning I have the looks of a girly girl but can get rough and dirty with my brothers when I have too. Staring up at our new house I knew things at school would be different as usual. See having so many brothers has its ups and downs especially when my brothers have the looks of a model. Or so I've been told, frankly people always say my family and me have that picture perfect look. I guess that comes with having models for parents.

Our mom Teresa was once a model for Victoria Secret; she had a one-night stand with my dad, which resulted in the birth of my oldest brother Ian who is twenty-one years old now. He still lives with the family seeing as how he’s taking a break from college for the year. Our parents got married and continued to have kids. Two years after Ian was born, mom had twins, my now nineteen-year-old brothers Cole and Seth. After the twins mom had my older brother Jason, who is now eighteen years old, one year later. Another year later she had another set of twins, as well as the birth of their first and only daughter – me, and my twin Kyle. After us, Mom gave birth to another set of twins – her third set – my younger brothers Mark and Mike, who are now sixteen years old. After them, she had my younger brother Tyler who is now fifteen. Then after five years mom had another unexpected pregnancy resulting in my youngest brother Luke, who is only nine years old.

Both of our parents left the modeling world for something new, for our dad that meant joining the Marine’s and working his way up to general before retiring and working in a small accounting firm that pays good. Our mom is still into fashion and is now a designer for her own line, so she’s always away on business but when she is home she’s just a mom. Both of our parents could have retired if they wanted too because we are so well of economically but they chose not to because they love what they do.

And out of those nine brothers, seven of them attend high school with me. Tyler is going to starting his freshman year this upcoming school year. Mark and Mike were going to start their sophomore years when summers over next week, while me and Kyle started our junior years. Jason was moving on to his senior year as well as Cole and Seth because they have to redo their senior year. Ian – as mentioned early – is taking a break before his third year in college and Luke is starting the fourth grade.

Shaking my head to get rid of my thoughts I followed my brothers lead and began to grab what little we had brought with us, most of our stuff had been shipped to the house and placed in our respective rooms. Mom also had some home decorators design each of our rooms with the colors and furniture we had chosen a month before.

Our house was big enough for each of us to not only have our own room but three guestrooms, a man cave for dad and the guys, a art room for me, a office for mom’s work for when she’s at home, a home theater we could all watch movies as a family, a pool out back and a game room for all to use and of course a dance studio. And a spare room for whoever wants it, but she might end up using it as a storage room anyway, besides it all the way in the back of the house so no one will even notice.

I grabbed some of the boxes labeled books and began to organize then based on genre, I have three books cases about my height and have two of them filled up, during our Mom and Dad bought me another one because they knew I would need it soon. I absolutely love to read, but I know how to manage my life so I’m not inside all day laying around.

I finished with my bookcases and began to arrange my shoes and clothes in the walk in closet attached to my bedroom. There were three doors, one into my room or out into the hallway where you would Kyle’s room across from mine, Travis next to mine and Ian on the other side of my room. Another door obviously into my closet and the other to my own bathroom.

When you live with nine brothers, a girl needs her own bathroom. I wouldn't be able to and having to share a bathroom with my brothers because they never clean up after themselves. And they always fart in there so its stinks up the whole place, ugh the government could use there smells to make some kind of stink bomb or knockout gas or something, that’s how bad it smells when one of them farts in the room.

I wipe my brow of the sweat building up on my forehead as I fold up my last box of clothes in my closet before walking out of my room to put the boxes in the garage. I carry them all down at once and pass some of my brothers coming back from doing the same. “Hey, sis are you done?” Ian called out to me as he passes me on the way to the living room.

“Yeah, I just finished, why?” I asked him as I paused on my way down the stairs leading to the garage.

“Mom told me to tell everyone that she’s gonna order pizza, she’s not down with the kitchen and won’t be finished until tomorrow so she won’t be able to cook anything. When you’re done, wanna come with me to pick up some drinks and snacks. The guys and me were thinking of having a movie night. Mom and Dad bailed out to go to sleep early so it’ll just be us,” he said.

“Oh okay sure. Is the home theater set up?” I asked, shifting the boxes higher up my arm to get a better grip on them.

“Yep they had it be one of the first rooms set up before we got here. I’ll wait for you in the living room, holler out when you’re done” he said before stepping away from where he was leaning on the doorway of the kitchen.

“ OK when I’m done putting the boxes in the garage we can go” I said quickly before turning to run down the stairs almost tripping for the fallen broom in the floor. I threw the boxes on top of all the others and went back to pick up the broom before someone else actually does trip on it.

I went up to my room and grabbed my cell phone and wallet before leaving my room to join my brothers in the living room. Only Ian and both sets of twins were there, Mark & Mike, and Seth & Cole. “Ian, lets go, I’m ready” I said waiting for him to get up so we could leave.

“Oh hey, alright. We just ordered the pizza so we should get here before they do or something. Lets go” he said standing up grabbing his keys from the hook and leading the way to his Chevy Camaro 2ss. “Hop in, its unlocked” he said as he opened the door to the drivers side.

We pulled out and drove about ten minutes before we pulled up to a market about the size of a Costco, and those are pretty big. We went inside and went straight for the beverage isle and grabbed about five two liter sodas and a six pack of my favorite Arizona’s before getting in line to pay. I went off to the party isle and grabbed some trash bags, napkins, plastic plates, cups and utensils so we wouldn't have to wash before rejoining Ian in the line with the stuff in my hands.

“Oh, and that’s why I always bring you with me to the store, you always know what to get. Oh we forgot junk food, can you get that while I hold our place in line, since its not moving at all” he said, and it was true there was still the same six people in line in front of my brother from when I had.

I nodded before grabbing a basket and went straight for the junk food, I won’t even list out what junk food I got because it was a lot. They eat so much its like having to feed an army rather then just nine guys. We left half an hour later with the bags in the back before leaving and heading home.

We got there and found the boys in the kitchen looking for plates with the pizza, bread sticks and hot wings on the table. “Hey do you guys know where the plates are?” asked Seth as we began to put the stuff down.

I rolled my eyes as Cole and Jason followed Ian back outside to get the rest of the bags from the car. “We brought plastic plates and cups and stuff so we wouldn't have to wash until the kitchen is unpacked” I said as I grabbed the bag with the plates and cups inside. I tossed then to Mark and had him grab enough cups and plates for all of us before putting away the rest. We didn't need forks or anything so we just put those away. The boys began to serve themselves as I began to put the stuff we bought away. I grabbed the “junk food bowls” – basically a set or large serving bowls we use to put the snacks in – and began to pour out the chips and stuff I bought.

Everyone grabbed their plate and cup and a bowl and headed for the movie room, luckily it had a big table with twelve chairs in a row behind it so we could all eat at the table and watch the movie. The guys picked the first movie to watch while I went back to grab the pizza boxes so we wouldn't have to leave the room to get more food. Kyle followed me and brought the drinks and my cup since I had left on the counter next to the drinks.

“Here sis” he said handing me one of my Arizona’s and my cup. I sat back with my plate and watched as the beginning of Lord of the Rings: Return of the King began – the very last one, besides the Hobbit. I watched my brothers stuff their faces as their eyes were glued to the screen before doing the same with a small smile on my face.

My life my be hectic with nine brothers but I wouldn't trade my family for anything or anyone in the world, unless it’s a date with Taylor Lautner, just kidding!
♠ ♠ ♠
**Katherine's Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/set/set?id=68778985&lid=2196937

Here is my brand new story, hope you guys like it. Its not supernatural this time but is more of a daily life of a tomboy with nine brothers. I got the idea after reading Meagan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys, but her is obviously different and only has seven boys.

I''m not copying her but i am using her story as a boost for the idea behind the story. Please Comment!!!