Status: Write when I feel like it.

Tomorrow Will Be Kinder

Sick.

I remember that day...

It started out like any day in the spring time. It was warm and the air smelt sweet. Everyone was helping out with the spring harvest, like usual. Kids, grandparent, everyone... Well, except for the Mayor Wellwood's family. I suppose that was one of the many perks of being related to the mayor...

Anyways, I was currently in one of the apple orchards, picking the delicious ruby red fruits and throwing them down to my older sister, Violet. She was the third oldest out of all my sisters, making her one year older then me. Violet and I where a lot alike growing up. We look quit a bit a like to, with our dark hair, dimples and willowy figure. But, everything changed when Violet got a boyfriend. Whytt Herriot, he was a nice boy, but nothing special. My little less then excited reaction to hearing that they where getting married this fall, resulted in my sister assuming I was jealous or better yet, that I think I have something better...

What ever that "Something" was, it definitely wasn't better. The last time I had any contact with him was about half a year ago. He just arrived back home. He looked the same as when he left, but I knew he wasn't the same. No matter how many warm smiles and jokes he gave, you could still see it. The pain the Hunger Games has put him through. Abram Wellwood was a broken boy and I didn't know how to fix him...

"Liv? Liv? Wheres Liv?" A gruff voice asked.
Without hesitation, I jumped out of the apple tree. landing on the ground, gracefully.
"Right here, sir." I say softly. The large peacemaker walked up to me, eying me down. Did I do something wrong? My sister, although hesitant, put her arm around my shoulder, protectively.
"Are you Liv Connery?" He asked, looking down at me.
"Yes, she is. What do you need her for?" My sister asks a little to sharply.
"You are to take this basket to the Mayors house. Don't knock, just leave it on the counter." He says shoving a basket in my arms and ignoring my sister, completely. I look down to see its full of potatoes, cabbage, carrots, strawberries, pears...more food all at once, then I ever had in my life. "He needs to make sure its good enough for the Capitol." He says in reaction to my expression. I nod, "Right away." I begin to move in the direction of the mayors house when the peacemaker calls out: "Oh! and, please clean yourself up a bit. In case they see you?"

***

"Only one can win." She says quietly, inches from my face, breathing the same air as me.
A sharp pain shoots through me, I look down and see my guts spilling out in a pool of blood. I let out a painful scream, looking up into the face of my murder, its Ruby. "And this time its going to be me." She says greedily, as she begins to trace the outlines of my face with her knife...

"Abram! Abram! Wake up! Abram!" A voice shouts from the darkness. Hands are holding onto my shoulders. In a panic I shoot up, grabbing the wrist of my attacker, squeezing hard. Gold meets blue and I'm looking into the eyes of Liv Connery. I look down at her small wrist being squeezed by my hand. I let go quickly, stammering "Sorry's" all over the place.
"Its o.k" She says softly, looking out the window. I follow her line of sight and see the apple orchards, the window is open and a soft warm wind blows lazily into my room, sending the natural sweetened scent of district eleven into my room. About a year ago, this room didn't belong to just myself but in fact my little brother, Talon and I shared it. But, once I came back from the Capitol, I never had a easy night. I could barely sleep and when I could it was riddled with nightmares. It was best for both of us to have separate rooms, at least this way, one of us gets some sleep.
"Its my fault, I shouldn't come bursting into your room but, I heard you screaming and I panicked." I nod knowingly. I lay back down, to weak to sit up any longer, but I keep my eyes on her. She looks back down at me and turns her body so shes sitting more comfortably on my bed. Thats how are relationship has always been comfortable in the moments it should be uncomfortable, I missed her and wanted her but knew I could never have her. She deserved better then what I could ever give her.
"Did I hurt you?" I ask sounding a little bit raspy. I grabbed her arm, softly, looking down at her already bruised wrist.
"N-no, its fine." She stammers. I lightly graze it with my fingertips, she winces in reaction.
"Liar." I say, smiling a little.
"I just don't want you to worry about me." she says so quietly.
I look back up to her face. Liv Connery is probably one of the most stunning people I have ever seen. She has dark wavy hair that falls down to her waist, pink lips, pixie nose, cute little dimples and gorgeous, brilliant blue eyes. Under her right eye was a small freckle.
"Its too late for that. It should be fine, though. I didn't break you." I say.
"Just bruised me."
"Something like that, sorry again." she smiles, witch only results in me smiling. "Why are you here? Besides saving me from my nightmares?" She gives me a small laugh in return for the joke.
"I was told to bring some samples of the harvest for the mayor to inspect."
"Oh." Is all I could manage to say. I'm so stupid...
"In fact, I should probably get back."
"Let me walk you back." I say. So, so stupid...
"Oh! You don't have to." She says getting up, her checks turning a light shade of crimson.
"I insist. Just let me change." She giggles, nervously.
"Alright."
I get up quickly and walk to my bathroom. I change into a pair of jeans, a gray sweater and black sneakers. I splash water on my face and brush my teeth for good measure before I leave my bathroom. I spot Liv looking at my collection of books on a shelf to the left. I walk up to her, trying to think of something to witty to say but she speaks first.
"Have you read all these?"
"Yeah," I say nodding "Not much else to do these days."
"I bet that's not true." Moving a little closer to me.
"Oh, well apart form piano playing and gardening. Not going to lie life's a little boring these days." I say rubbing the back of my neck. She gives me a look, she knows I'm lying but doesn't try to point it out. Her eyes flicker down to my lips. I move a little closer to her, my breath hitches in my throat. Liv's eyes close slowly as she leans in. I touch her face as delicately as I can, pulling her close to me. Eyes closed, Our lips barely touch at first, but as she puts her hands on my chest, she deepens it and we melt together...

"I should probably take you back now." I say, as we try to catch our breath. I take back being stupid, I'm a complete idiot. I told myself I wasn't going to do this. Not with what Snow wants me to do. I'm leading her on and this is cruel...

I open my eyes and I see her nod, her eyes still closed and her hands on my chest. I kiss her forehead, signifying that it was really time to go. I hold her hands and move them off of me. Her eyes open slowly and she nods, sadly. But as we leave I hold onto her hand...

***

"Thank you for walking me back." I say quietly. Once we left his house Abram dropped my hand. Am I that disgusting? A poor girl he can't bare for people to know he, the glorious Abram Wellwood, kissed? How could he want me with all those Capitol women falling all over him. I am nothing... A part of me felt ashamed of who I was and another felt ashamed I even thought that about him...
"It's no problem." He says with a small smile.
Apart from the sounds of the district, our walk was silent. Our hands would bump into each other but nether of us grabbed for the other. We make it past the shabby house that belongs to my family and towards the apple orchards. I see my sister, Violet sitting on the ground, giggling at the sight in front of her. Her boyfriend...I mean, Fiancee, Whytt and our friends Ash Tay wrestling around. I roll my eyes a bit.
"What is it?" Abram asks, still by my side.
"Whytt, my sisters fiancee" I say under my breath. He nods as if understanding the situation. How would he know he's an older brother...
"Liv!" My sister says, sounding shocked when she sees my company. The Wellwoods don't really come around here. Ash and Whytt break apart and look around for me, grinning like idiots. "Hey, Liv! I-" Whytt spoke.
Ash was in mid wave when He froze, His hand falling limp at his side. My sister gets up and holds onto Whytts arm. Abram walks me all the way up to my friends. Their was an awkward pause before he finally spoke up.
"Congratulations on your engagement." He says, sincerely. Smiling at both my sister and Whytt.
"T-thanks," My sister stammers. "I never got to tell you but congratulations on your victory tour. It looked like fun."
"Yeah, all that food and parties! Must have been great!" Ash says. I look up at Abram and you can only see it if you really look for it. But, a flicker of pain shoots across his face.
"Thanks, it was." He says recovering. "How are your parents?" He says asking Ash.
"Good, They told me to say thanks for the food if I ever saw you around school but," But, you don't go anymore...
"Sorry, there's no real point to go anymore." Ash nods in response.
"Is there anything you needed with Liv?" My sister asked.
"Oh, no, Ma'am. I was just walking her back."
"Thanks again by the way." I said smiling at him.
"My pleasure. I should probably get back though." He says smiling at me. I nod, no idea how to respond. "Well, see you around, Liv. Nice seeing you guys" He says, tacking the others on his goodbye. He waves and before I know it, hes gone. When Abram was far enough away, they start talking.
"That guy is so weird." Ash says to know one in particular.
"Yeah, you should probably stay away from him, Liv." Whytt says.
"Leave him alone. You don't know him well enough to make judgements like that."
"Oh! and you do?" Whytt says.
"Better then you."
"Liv, there's something off about him. Did you see the way he reacted when Ash brought up the victory tour." My sister says in the know-it-all kind of voice big sisters are programed to have.
"Well, yeah! but can you blame him? After all hes been through." I said, my voice raising higher in pitch.
"We're just looking out for you." Ash said.
"Well, stop it. I can look after myself."
"Oh, yeah? How is it you got this bruise then?" Whytt says grabbing for my wrist.
"Thats it. I'm telling mom and dad!" Violet said running to go find them before I even had a chance to explain...After that day, my parents told me I wasn't allowed to see Abram again. Little did they know they were going to relay on him for my own survival...
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please!

Xo, Jessie