Status: Write when I feel like it.

Tomorrow Will Be Kinder

Heart Attack.

I walk up to the stage, the cameras on me. I flash a cocky smile and a wave before I sit down, nestled in-between my mother and Chaff, my mentor last year. Seeder is on Chaffs other side.

"Morning, Abram." Chaff says casually like today wasn't one of the worst days of the year.
"Morning." I say simply to all three of the other Victors.
"Don't you look handsome." Seeder said in a comforting voice. I always liked Seeder. I give her a genuine smile.
"Yeah, All the ladies are probably losing it in the Capitol." Chaff says raising and eyebrow. Chaff is and always will be the older brother I never had. I roll my eyes and he punches me in the arm, like I do with Talon when he gets upset with me.
"Sorry, I'm just not sure how to be a mentor. If they die-" I whisper, choking up at the end. 'Don't throw up, don't throw up, don't throw up.' I chant in my mind.
"Don't worry, it's easier then it looks." My mother says calmly. Funny how she never succeeded in bringing a tribute home...

It's hard to believe its been a year sense my Hunger Games. I gaze out into the crowd. Who will be the chosen tributes? I try to imagine myself being a mentor but I can't really see it.

All I can really think about right now, is how excited I am to change out of this outfit. I was dusted in gold again and my hair was combed back but unlike usual, my outfit was darker then normal. My tie, button up, shoes, pants were all black. The only color coming from my burgundy suit jacket. "I wanted to go for a more mature look this time." Perprismia; my stylist chirped this morning over the phone. The suit was shipped here last night...

My father begins his annual speech, I lean back in my seat. I keep the smirk plastered on my face, its ridiculous I still have to act this way but I'd rather be a idiot for the Capitol then dead...

Oswald gets up from his seat and shares his oh, so, exciting video brought from the Capitol about the dark days. "Isn't that amazing!?!" He cheers, I do my best not to roll my eyes. "And now, time to chose the tributes." He looks back at me, his eyes sparkling. I know he's hoping for another victor like me. Craving another win. But, does he understand you cant have both? You can survive or you can win. And I survived...

"In honor of last years victor, Abram Wellwood, from your very own district. Why don't we pick the boy tribute first?" He says. Oswald spins around and practically skips to the large bowl with the possible male tribute's name in it. He reaches deep and pulls out a small piece of paper and walks back to the microphone.
"The boy tribute shall be..." He unrolls the paper, smiling at the name he only knows. "Brutus Keene!" I lean a little forward as Brutus walks up to the stage.

I remember Brutus from school. He looks like he'd be at least 5 years my senior but in actuality he's sixteen, a year younger then me. Brutus is a large kid with close cropped brown hair. His eyebrows thick, like two large caterpillars. He has small eyes that look like a muddy shade of green, his nose is large and round. But, the most amazing thing about Brutus Keene is how large he is. His arms like tree trunks and his legs are even thicker not to mention how tall he is, he looks like he could be touching clouds...

Brutus's eyes lock onto mine. He wants me to be his mentor. I give a honest smirk because, my chances with him will be good. I can bring him back home, easy. He walks up to the stage quietly, he doesn't cry and he doesn't look upset. He looks ready to play...

"Congratulations, Mr. Keene! Now for the girl tribute!" He dips into the large bowl of girl names, taking his time. Being careful to pick the right one. He latches onto one at the very bottom. He walks back to the microphone, unravels the small paper. I squirm in my seat a little as the image of Rosemary walking up the stage pops into my mind. Chaff looks at me funny but I just shake my head. "now, the female tribute of district 11 shall be..."

My heart stops for a split second and then beats so fast I have a trouble breathing. The smile on my face falls as Oswald calls out the name:

"Liv Connery!"
♠ ♠ ♠
I would seriously like some comments here. Otherwise I might stop cause I'm not getting any love here.

xo, Jessie