Status: Write when I feel like it.

Tomorrow Will Be Kinder

Deep in the Meadow.

I walk up to the stage slowly, in fear my legs will give out. I look down at my small leather shoes and realized that this is a sign of weakness. I look up, shoulders back and chin up. The capitol may take my life but they will not take my dignity...

I reach the stage and my eyes immediately glue onto Abram. Abram is an extremely handsome boy, you'd be blind to not notice. Abram is tall and toned. He has honey brown hair, warm skin and a pair of what looked like, molten gold eyes hidden in-between long eyelashes. He has a strong jaw and high cheekbones. If you looked as close as I have, you'd notice light freckles on his nose. His eyebrows pull naturally into what looks like an amused expression. He has a face for a smile and could easily give district 4's Finnick Odair a run for his money.

I see his smile falter when I reach the stage. His eyebrows pull down and he looks me straight in the eye. My checks feel warm. Do I look bad? I wear the same purple dress I wore last year. With a family of seven, we can't afford new clothing for reaping day. I twist my hands tightly into each other.

Abram quickly shakes his head and taps his chin twice before pulling it up high. The worried look on his face falls and is replaced with a cool smirk and a eyebrow raised. Understanding what he's trying to tell me, I release my hands, falling limply by my side, I lift my chin high again, not noticing it had fallen in the first place and give the crowd as well as the cameras the same look Abram gave me. A cool smirk and a amused expression, when really I felt like crying...

***

I waited outside the door as Liv and her family where in. I could faintly here the sounds of crying; I hope it isn't her. It would look bad for the cameras. The moment I left the stage I practically begged Seeder and my mother to let me be Liv's mentor. I would have a better chance with Brutus, yes. But, I couldn't abandon Liv. Funny how I'm not in the games but I'll still be fighting...

Chaff will have to take Brutus on instead. I don't imagine this being to much of a problem. I survived but, Chaff is the one who pulled all the strings...

"Abram. You should probably get on the train now." Oswald says as he walks towards me. His literally golden hair swaying behind him. I look him in his lime green eyes. Those have to be contacts...

"I need to talk to her first, Its part of the strategy." I saw lamely. He wants another victor badly, so how can he argue. "Oh, alright. Is there anything else you need?" He says giving me a greedy look.
"Yes, can you call Perprismia and ask her to be Liv's stylist, tell her I'll call her on the train, tonight. I have an idea for how to present her. Also, If you can get the same make-up team as well that would be fantastic." I say smoothly. He nods quickly and runs off to fill out these tasks.

The Peacekeepers are about to walk in and take away her family, her only visitors but I ask them if I can do it. They give me each other an unsure look but ultimately let me do it. I take a few deep breaths before I walk into the room. A dozen pairs of eyes dart towards me. I stop where I was. "Um, your times up."
"Are you going to be her mentor?" Her father, a strong looking man despite his age, says.
I find Liv wrapped in her mother and her eldest sister, Winne's, arms. She was crying a bit, her eyes look puffy and her lip was quivering. The room was filled with her sisters and their husbands or fiances, her mother and her father.

"Yes, I will be Liv's mentor." I say plainly, Her father nods simply. I look into her in the eyes. "And I suggest you stop crying."
"She's going to die and all you can tell her is stop crying?" Whytt speaks up, his arm wrapped around Violets shoulders. I turn towards him, my brows furrowed. "Maybe, you should have a little faith in her. And yes, if Liv looks strong when getting onto the train the other tributes might not see her as a target, therefore giving her a good chance at winning." I say sharply.
"D-do you really think Liv can win?" The youngest of the Connery sisters, Posy says. She's so small, maybe six years old. She sits on the second eldest sister, Gemma's hip. "Yes, I think she can." I give the girl a small smile and turn back to Liv. "That is, if you can follow my instructions."
She stares at me for a few seconds, breathing quickly. The she nods and releases herself from her mother and sisters grip. "Alright, how do I look then?" She says walking towards me. Without thinking, I touch her chin as I look at her overall face. Her lip isn't quivering, her brows set and there is a fire in her eyes.
"Tough as nails."

***

I walk out of the Justice building with Abrams arm wrapped around my arms, he's holding onto my elbow. I keep the same look of amusement I had on earlier, on my face, matching his look of casual confidence perfectly. The cameras swarm us but with the help of the Peacekeepers, Abram just pulls us through onto the train. I look back and give a small wink.

"This is going to be your room." Oswald says showing me to the cart, where there is a rather plush looking bed. "You have your own bathroom and if you want to change, there's fresh clothes in the closet." I give him a small nod and turn towards Abram arms crossed and leaning against the door frame. The mask of confidence from earlier is gone but he still has a small smile on his face. "Well, I'll leave you two. Dinner will be served at seven. Abram can show you to the dinning cart."
"Yes, It would be my pleasure." He said softly, smiling at Oswald.

After Oswald left, I quickly walked towards the closet. Finding something to wear. I heard Abram shut the door with a quit click. I busy myself looking threw the dozens of sweaters.
"Whats wrong?" He says next to me. I can feel him looking at me but I don't dare look back. "I'm fine. Everything's great!" I say sarcastically. I find a navy blue and white striped shirt and look for a pair of bottoms of some sort. "If it's what I said in the Justice building, I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to be rude."
"It's fine." I say quickly. I grab for a pair of soft black pants and walk to the bathroom.
"Thats not it, is it?"he says. I snort. Abrams quick, he pulls on my elbow, turning me to face him, "If its not that. What is it?" I look him in the eyes for the first time sense we entered the train. I could feel the crease in between my eyebrows and a frown pull on my lips. I pull out of his grip with a "arggh!" slamming the bathroom door behind me. Putting a wall between my one chance of survival and I.
"It's a lot of things, Abram!" I say furiously as I change into the new clothes.
"Well, name two." He says evenly. I can the soft rumble of his voice close by. He must be leaning on the door.
I pull my hair out of its up-do quickly. Combing it out with my fingers, my wavy hair getting a little puffy. But, I don't care. I open the door and almost run into him. I calm down a bit when I see the sad look on his face.
"Well, for one. I don't understand why your so nice to him!"
"Who?"
"Oswald! He's capitol scum! How can you be so kind to him? He doesn't even treat us like we're humans!"
His expression changes, it's softer. More calm. Which in result, only makes me more frustrated. Abram takes my dress from my hands and walks over to the vanity desk and places it there delicately.
"Don't get me wrong. I don't really like Oswald." He says, turning back towards me. "But, when it comes down to it. Oswald is someone who is very important to please. If he likes you, he can get you sponsors and that is something you need if you want to win." Oh, is all I can think. Oh...
"And that's the other thing! How dare you tell my family I have a chance in winning!" I say pushing him hard, He takes a few steps back, surprised by my power but still is calm looking. I wish he wasn't, I wish he'd explode. "Why is that?" He says quietly.
"Because," I say taking quick breaths, I feel the tears rolling down my face. "Because, I'm not going to win!"
"Do you want to die?" He says simply. My breath shutters as I try to gulp air down. Tears making my sight blurry. "No! No, I don't!"
"Then why do you think your going to lose, Liv?" I ball my hands into fists. "Have you seen Brutus lately? He isn't the smallest of kindest guy around. He wont hesitate to snap my neck when he gets the chance. And lets not forget the careers!" I say, my voice getting higher and higher in pitch.
"So? I wasn't a career and I'm definitely not a Brutus but, I still won."
"Yeah! But your you! And I'm, I'm"
"And your Liv. Your brilliant and strong and last time I checked a good actress. Not to mention very pretty, which does help. If you learn a few combat and survival skills, I really do think you can win."
"Really?" Is all I can squeak out. He nods before he says: "Yes, I wouldn't lie to your family like that. I'm not cruel, Liv."
I take a few more breaths, trying to stop crying.
"You can cry now if you want. Its just me." He says softly. "A-and you can tell me anything. Anything that's bothering you. I-I don't mind." His cheeks turning a soft pink. I smile, feeling better already. "Thanks." I say quietly.
"Perhaps, you should get some rest before dinner." He says.
"I don't think I can."
"Try."
"Do you think you can stay with me then? I'm scared." I say meekly.
He looks at me for a few moments, before he gives me a small nod. I pull of my small leather shoes awkwardly climb into bed. He slips of his shoes jacket and pulls off his tie. He looks at me painfully as he slips into bed with me. "I-Im not used to this." He says quietly in my ear. I lay my head on his chest, listening to the beating of his heart, which was beating a bit fast. I wrapped my arm around his waist and close my eyes. "Me too." I whisper. He slowly wraps his strong arm around my waist and the other starts to comb through my hair. It started as a whisper then it turned into a soft, sweet singing. I remember his talent he would work on now that he's won the games was piano and singing. I had no idea he was this good...

Deep in the meadow, under the willow
A bed of grass, a soft green pillow
Lay down your head, and close your sleepy eyes
And when again they open, the sun will rise.

Here it's safe, here it's warm
Here the daisies guard you from every harm
Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true
Here is the place where I love you.

My breathing slows down...

Deep in the meadow, hidden far away
A cloak of leaves, a moonbeam ray
Forget your woes and let your troubles lay
And when again it's morning, they'll wash away.

Here it's safe, here it's warm
Here the daisies guard you from every harm
Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true
Here is the place where I love you.

A few tears roll down my face, my eyes feel so tired...

Deep in the meadow, hidden far away
A cloak of leaves, a moonbeam ray
Forget your woes and let your troubles lay
And when again it's morning, they'll wash away.

Here it's safe, here it's warm
Here the daisies guard you from every harm
Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true
Here is the place where I love you.

He hums a little after that and before I know it, I'm lost in the warmth of sleep...
♠ ♠ ♠
So, when Abram says "I've never done this before." when he's in bed with her. Thats true. He's had sex with women from the Capitol but just laying there, comforting someone with his touch he's never done before. So, that's why he's nervous. Wasn't sure if that would make sense. Thought I'd explain!

Also, When reading him sing Deep in the Meadow (Rue's Lullaby.) Look up Taliesen Orchestras version of the song. Although, its a girl singing, that's how I'd imagine him to sing it.

Xo, Jessie

P.s Comments?!?!