Status: Write when I feel like it.

Tomorrow Will Be Kinder

Feelings.

Feeling like I was falling, I awoke with a spasm. My skin crawled under the itchy, hot sheets that wrapped around me tightly. My eye sight began to adjust to the darkness of the room and with some struggle I escaped the sheets.

The nightmare forgotten the moment my eyes opened. I did what was most natural to me and left my room, padding down the hallway towards a specific door. The sweat on my back giving me chills, I knocked on the door quietly and opened it with a small squeak.

"Abram?" A sweet small voice asked. I saw her lean figure push her self up from her bed. I noticed the view from her window. You couldn't see the stars due to all the lights from the buildings in the capital. What a strange thought that was.

"I'm sorry, I-I don't know why I cam here so late...I just couldn't- I'm sorry. " I stammer making my way back to the door.

"It's okay." She whispers, taking my hand into hers. We fit well together. "You don't need to explain." I can see her icy blue eyes scan my face for any signs on my face.

"I just- I couldn't sleep well...and I... I need you, liv." I whisper the last bit so quietly, I'm. to sure if she heard me. I see her face relax as she leans up kissing my forehead, her lips warm on my cool skin.

"I need you to Abram." She whispers in my ear before she leads me to her bed. We climb in and her head rests on my chest as she curls into my side like a cat. I held her tightly to me, refusing to let her go. Immediately, She fell into a deep sleep. I wondered what she was dreaming about.

My thoughts drifted back to Rosemary, my fellow tribute in my games past year. she needed me and I let her down. That wasn't a mistake I was willing to make again with Liv.

I kissed her temple, turning towards her and wrapping my other arm around her.

I felt like I was stable again, I wasn't falling no longer.

Yes, I needed her.

* * *

I sat on the cold hard seat out side the training room. Slate on my one side and velvet on the other. Velvet going on and and on about her dress for the interview, I wasn't paying too much attention. Safe to say I was nervous. I wanted, no, I needed a good score.

I've been training what seems to be all week, day and night with Abram and the careers. But is that good enough? My eyes scanned the room. Could I kill these people? Some were so young and some seemed so nice, these are people I didn't want to hurt but I warned more than anything to go home.

One by one, the other tributes started filling out. The career pack responding sigh excitement when their name was called. Slate gave me a simple smile and Kai gave me a wink that would have finnick run for his money.

Was I making the right choice sticking with the careers? Abram was the ultimate underdog in his games. He protected others and did what he thought was right.

But me? I've been told to have the careers protect me. That didn't sit well with me.
The hunger games were just that, games. Cruel and terrible? Yes, but I needed to start playing if I was going to survive.

I couldn't play the victim no longer.

My eyes landed on Brutus. He wasn't going to get the better of me, I wouldn't allow anyone of these tribute to get the better of me.

"Liv Connery, district 11."

It was my turn to show what I could do.

I stood up, head held high and my back straight, I walked into the testing room and earned myself a 9 on my test score.

I was a girl no longer to be messed with.
♠ ♠ ♠
I AM SO SORRY!