Freeze

deeply.

She was waiting in the airport lobby, her phone grasped tightly in her hand. Ever since the appearance on one of the many different late night shows, he called her and promised that he would sneak away to see her. She had been waiting for this day to happen. He had been planning and plotting and running it through his other band mates until the details were absolutely perfect. The airport was nearly empty, seeing that it was two thirty in the morning. She was sitting in one of the black leather seats, legs crossed underneath her as she watched the gate, trying to imagine him coming up through the small aisle of the gate. A smile spread across her face just at the thought of him being so close to her again, in her arms, nestled underneath her blankets. He gripped the strap of his backpack, eyes darting right to hers as soon as he came into her sights, wide grin placed on his face. She stood up from her seat, walking slowly towards him, picking up her speed as she remembered all the good memories they had. The long nights on the beach, the blanket forts, the late night Chinese food runs, the Disney movie marathons, and even the last moment they spent together at the airport months ago. He dropped his backpack and jogged to her, scooping her up in his arms and holding her close to his body, mesmerized by the sweet scent that he had once been enchanted by months ago. It wasn’t normal, and it was definitely you couldn’t purchase at Macy’s or Dillards. It was light and airy, floral yet fruity, strong yet so soft. Bittersweet. She rested her forehead against his, wrapping her arms around his neck with a soft laugh.

“Hi, Li.”

“Hi Maxie.”