Status: I'll have a new chapter up whenever I have time to sit down and type a bunch.

Take My Hand

Who Are You?

I bolted up straight in my bed, heart beating loudly in my chest. I looked to my right and saw the source of the horrible noise. "Just ,my alarm clock," I sighed. Another school day. Another day of sitting through boring classes, with teachers droning on for what feels like hours.

I pulled my covers back, and put my bare feet on the freezing hardwood floor. Standing up, I walked over to my dresser, grabbing the first thing I saw, I pulled out a dark green t-shirt and black jeans. "Well," I mumbled, "at least there's nothing pink." I pulled them on, completely skipping make-up so I would have time to do my homework before I left for school, I grabbed my back pack off the floor. Pulling out my geometry book and tossing it onto my writing desk, I set to work.

I opened my notebook, and on the very first page, there was a strange note that was written in red ink.
"Don't trust anyone." It read. "Rather cryptic," I mumbled. Honestly, it was probably just one of my friends trying to freak me out. Annabell does it pretty much weekly. Although, it didn't really look like Annabell's hand writing. I decided to disregard it, probably just a stupid prank.

I started getting a headache a few minutes later, right after I finished my homework. It wasn't too bad, so I left for school not really bothering to do anything about it. A few hours later, my headache continued to get worse and worse, quickly progressing into a migraine. I asked my teacher for a pass to go see the nurse, of course, I was in the class of the biggest jerk in the history of the world, so he told me he would write a pass when he finished the lecture, and that the world doesn't revolve me, so his class definitely doesn't. I hated this guy.

About 10 minutes later, I finally got the pass, and at this point, I probably looked as pale as a ghost, and was close to puking. I got to the nurse's office, and she told me to lie down on the cot, with the garbage can right next to me. I complied, knowing it was an absolutely necessary thing to do, and she called my mum.

I should tell you now, I was adopted when I was a baby, so I looked nothing like my parents. While I had Coal Black hair, and emerald green eyes, my adoptive parents both had boring brown hair, and bluish brown eyes. I don't want to meet my real parents, I mean, what kind of people don't even TRY to find a way to keep their first child.

My mother arrived a few minutes later, at this point, the nurse had turned off the harsh lights that hung in the room, hoping it would help my migraine. It didn't help a whole lot, but it helped enough that I wanted them to stay off.

My mom opened my car door for me, while I continued to try not to puke. Luckily I only lived a 5 minute drive away from my school, so I was quickly walking up the stairs to my room,while my mom called up to me, "I hope you feel better, Ameranda." I stopped by the bathroom to see If I was right about being pale as a ghost. I wasn't, I was pretty much paler. I went into my room, softly closing the door, as to not anger my head with a loud noise, when I looked up and stopped dead in my tracks.

There was a blue sticky note stuck to my window. There was something written on it in, you guessed it, red ink. I crossed my room quickly, each step making my head hurt worse. I grabbed the note, and read it. "They are lying to you."

"Who's lying to me?" I mumbled, heart pounding. I was really starting to get freaked out. This note wasn't here this morning, and I was the only one home then. Someone would have to break into the house to put this here. I quickly ran around the house, making sure nothing was missing or out of place. No signs of a break in anywhere. Maybe Annabell put it there when she was over last night, and I didn't notice it this morning, I mean, it was half hidden behind the curtain, and was the exact same color.

I decided to lay down and take a nap, hoping my migraine would be gone and and I could think more clearly when I awoke.

I changed into pajamas and crawled under my blankets, slowly falling asleep. When I finally went under, I started to dream, and the dream was rather...disturbing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a new story idea, my friend started writing his own story, and I was bored, so I started writing a new one. I hope you enjoy it, and comment your thoughts, and any CONSTRUCTIVE criticisms you may have.