Status: I'll have a new chapter up whenever I have time to sit down and type a bunch.

Take My Hand

An Odd Evening

I bolted up straight with a gasp, terrified from my two consecutive nightmares. I've heard stories of people having bad dreams when they had a migraine, but it was more horrible than I thought it would be.

I looked out my window, it was dark now, meaning I slept for awhile. My migraine had completely diminished, and it felt like I never had one. I remembered being freaked out before I fell asleep, and quickly remembered why. The sticky note.

I stood up and went over to grab it and my geometry notebook. I compared the two notes. They had the same hand writing and same color ink. Whoever wrote the on in my notebook, wrote the one on the sticky note too. "If these notes actually mean anything, the who the heck is lying to me?" I yelled, frustrated at this point. I decided to put the notes on my writing desk, and come back to them after I had eaten.

I went downstairs and my mum was home now, about to put dinner on the table.My dad wouldn't be home for about an hour, so it was only me and her for dinner every night.

"Perfect timing Amy," she smiled, "how are you feeling?"

"About a million times better," I replied, sitting down, "I'm starving, what's for dinner?"

"Arroz com pollo," she said brightly, "I decided to make your favorite tonight"

I ate quickly, because I hadn't eaten lunch, and went back upstairs after I washed the dishes. I sat down at my writing desk to do my homework. I opened the pencil drawer, and froze. There was another note. This one was on a red note, it was written in black ink this time. "They aren't who you think they are."

At this point, I was ready to throw something out the window. These notes were so cryptic. They didn't tell me why they're lying, let alone who 'they' are. I decided to just throw all the notes away, it seemed just like just a giant prank, so it's not like any of it mattered,right? Before I did, I decided to call Annabell.

She picked up on the second ring. "Hello," she said, even if she knew it was me, she always said hello.

"Very funny, Annabell, you almost got me this time." I said, laughing.

"What are you talking about?" She sounded confused.

"I'm talking about the cryptic notes everywhere!"

"I didn't leave you any notes Amy, why would I do that?"

"Trying to freak me out again, maybe?"

"Well, I can say truthfully that it wasn't me this time." She sounded sincere, which kind of freaked me out.

"Then who was it?"

"I don't know Amy, but I have to go, I'll see you in science tomorrow."

I hung up, my hands shaking. If it wasn't Annabell, then someone would have to break in to put those notes there, even if it was a joke, that was a scary thought. I looked over at the notes, all of them had the same hand writing. I was going to look around my room for more.

I opened every drawer on my writing desk, not finding anything, so I moved to closet. There was a-guess what-yellow sticky note stuck to my favorite blouse. This was getting freaky, like whoever wrote these knew what order I would find them in. "You are in danger, Ameranda."

My breath caught in my throat, this is bad, really bad. Now I know for a fact that these were meant for me specifically, it wasn't just a "Hey, let's go out and prank a random person" kind of ordeal. I was being targeted for some reason. I was jolted out of my thoughts when the phone rang.

"H-hello?" I stuttered, I hadn't checked the caller ID before answering.

"Geez Amy, you sound scared. It's me, Annabell."

I sighed with relief, "Hi Bell, what's up?"

"You wanna sleep over, I got a scary movie and popcorn with your name on it."

I smiled, Annabell always knew how to make me feel better, even when she didn't know what was going on. "Sure, sounds like fun, be there in, like, 10 minutes." I decided I could use the cold night air to help me clear my mind, so I would just walk. We said goodbye and hung up. I grabbed my jacket and threw a pair of clothes into my oversized purse.

I ran downstairs. "I'm going to sleep over at Annabell's tonight!" I called to my mother, who was sitting in the living room.

"Have fun." she called back as I stepped out the door.

It was colder than I thought, so I pulled my jacket closer around me, I decided to use the short cut, and went through the alley at the end of my street. Me and Annabell have used it since we were little, it made the walk about 5 minutes shorter. I was about halfway down the alley, when I heard a noise. I stopped dead in my tracks, looking around. I couldn't see very much, because it was dark out, but I knew someone else was there.

I felt someone grab me from behind and cover my mouth, then it all went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gosh, I've been writing a chapter a day since I started this, think we can continue this trend?