Status: I'll have a new chapter up whenever I have time to sit down and type a bunch.

Take My Hand

Darkness

I woke up in a dark room. I could still see, but just barely. I looked around, oddly calm, even though I knew I may die here, wherever here is. I felt my pockets, seeing if they would be stupid enough to leave me my phone. They weren't.

I stood, my legs were cramped, who knows how long I was laying there. Feeling around for a door, I hit my knee on a chair. I picked it up, it was light weight, wooden, and would be easy to break. I needed a weapon, so I hit it against the wall with a loud band. One of the pieces that broke off was long and sharp. "Perfect," I muttered under my breath, who knows if anyone could hear me. I could use it like they use for vampires in books and movies. One quick stab to the heart of my kidnapper, and I was free.

It was then that I turned around and saw another woman, laying across the room unconscious. It was to dark to tell what her hair color was, but she was extremely beautiful. I walked over to her cautiously. When I tapped her on the shoulder lightly, her eyes sprung open, and she immediately got into as good of a defensive position as she could, with me standing over her.

"Who are you?" I croaked, my throat dry, I felt dehydrated, like I had been here for awhile.

She relaxed, probably seeing that it was just a young girl who woke her up. "I'm Karla," she replied, "and it's nice to finally meet you, Ameranda, I only wish it was under better circumstances."

I was slightly taken aback, how did this stranger know my name? "Do you know where we are?" I asked, slightly shy, despite the whole 'life and death situation' thing.

"We are in an abandoned farm house," she sighed, "they could at least make it more comfortable, if they're going to go through the trouble of kidnapping us, though." She sounded strangely lighthearted about the situation, who was this lady?

As the sun started to rise, I now saw a window set into one of the walls. Upon further inspection, I discovered it was locked tightly, and had bullet proof glass. This wasn't an escape option then.

"Don't even try, I've been trying to escape for weeks now. The only interesting thing that's happened is when they put you in here with me." Karla laughed loudly, as if our situation was incredibly hilarious.

I sighed and sat on a chair next to a table, I was starving, and didn't think I would get food anytime soon. "How long have I been here?" I questioned, quietly.

"Oh, about 12 hours, not terribly long. Oh, and they'll be by with food in about an hour."

I looked over at her, I could now see her features, in the sunlight. She had short mahogany hair, and rich auburn eyes. All of her features were flawless, she must have gotten really lucky with her genetic makeup. I wasn't necessarily ugly, but I paled in comparison to Karla.

I got up and started pacing, feeling Karla's eyes follow me as I did so. I stopped suddenly, turning to her. "Why do they have us here? What could we possibly have to do with anything?"

She looked me in the eyes, a serious expression on her face for the first time since I met her, "You are more important than you may think, Ameranda." At this she stood up, walked over to me and enveloped me in a hug "Much more important than anyone else in the world."
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know, this chapter seem kind of short to me, but I'm exhausted.