I Would Die to Keep You Safe

Niklaus One-Shot

I tiptoed through the forest trying not to wake the village.

Where was Niklaus he was late and being in the forest freaked me out especially because in the caves below were the tribe that in his full moon completely transformed into terrifying beasts.

“Psst” I heard someone amongst the trees, I couldn't see anything.

“Niklaus is that you, Nik” I was looking around squinting through the darkness.

A stone hit the forest floor beside me and I jumped back my heart pounding against my chest.

I stumbled back hitting something – warm.

“Hello” he smiled wrapping his arms around my shoulders.

“Niklaus” I thrashed against his hold trying to fight back, it was no use.

“Did I scare you” He grinned.

“You always do that” I frowned as he let me go.

“Because I always get the same reaction from you” He smiled pushing his blonde hair away from his face.

“Are we going or standing here all night long to get found out by our parents” I asked looking up at him. He gave me that sweet grin.

“Okay let’s see the beasts” He smiled as he grasped my hand in his as we stepped quietly through the trees to the edge of the cliff.

{}{}{}{}

Niklaus held me up as we walked home again, seeing the beasts was both exciting and frightening, we had stayed out later than we had the many times we had been before.

“Marie, almost home” Niklaus shook me lightly.

“Hmm” I hummed forcing my eyes open through the trees I could see the fire from the village.

“Marie” He held me close I inhaled the scent from his clothing. He smelt heavenly the way that he had always smelt, it was comforting. I found myself leaning into him more.

“NIKLAUS” His name echoed through the trees waking me instantly and made my body shudder.

“Mikael” I frowned up at Niklaus. He was frozen on the spot.

“Nik lets go quickly please” I tugged him towards the village.

We got through the trees to see Mikael standing lips pursed ready to scream bloody murder at his blonde haired blue eyed son.

“Marie my darling come” My Mother called me from the other side of the village. It was my turn to be frozen. I had Niklaus’ hand grasped in mine I didn’t want to let go. I didn’t want to turn him over to his savage of a Father.

“Niklaus” I whispered to him.

“Go Marie, do not defy your Mother for me I’ll be okay” He gave me that smile again.

He gave my hand a gentle squeeze and let me go.

My heart ached as I heard the violence that was going on just across from me. I wanted to bolt up and stop him.

My younger sister Lilly was asleep wrapped up in my Mother’s arms my Father was stirring by the window. If I was going to defy my Mother and go to Niklaus it had to be now.

Outside the wind whipped my hair behind me I looked over at where Niklaus and his family lived, only a sliver of light came from windows – were they asleep, where was Niklaus, was he okay. My body trembled at the thought of exactly what Mikael was capable of.

A soft groan came from beside the fire.

“Hello” I asked out loud.

A groan more audible this time, I froze on the spot my stomach was in knots – Niklaus.

“Niklaus” I said running over to him.

He had his hand against his face where a noticeable bruise was.

“What did he do” I asked kneeling next to him.

“Punished me for putting us in danger tonight” Niklaus looked at me.

“It was my fault, I wanted to stay longer” I tried to touch him but he winced, he had never winced away from me before.

“Niklaus I’m sorry I didn’t know your Father would wake before we got home” I tried to connect with his eyes.

“It doesn’t matter” he sat up wincing at the pain radiating his body.

“It matters to me Niklaus, you matter to me” I said.

“I know” he sighed looking at the ground he drew circles in the dirt.

I reached out cupping his face in mine, this time he didn’t flinch away.

“You may not have your Father’s love Klaus but you’ll always have mine” I whispered over the crackling of the fire.

I had never told Niklaus how I felt about him, but now he had to know. I hated that he was mad at me.

He wasn’t looking at me.

“Nik” I whispered on the brink of more tears.

“Niklaus” I clambered into his lap pushing his blond locks from his face so he would look at me.

He had a deep frown on his face as his piercing blue eyes bore into me.

“Did you hear me” I asked tracing the bruise on his face.
He nodded.

“You listen to me Niklaus, I will always be here to keep you safe to protect you” I couldn’t help but trace my thumb across his swollen lip, those kissable lips.

He shook his head, “I would die to keep you safe”.

He blinked and my Klaus was back.

I leant forward pressing my lips against his, I could taste a mixture against his lips. Salty from his tears and rust from bloody lip given to him by his Father.

He ran his hands down my back pushing me against him, parting my lips to deepen the kiss.

He groaned, “I love you Marie, I’m not mad”.

I smiled against his lips feeling my body tingle from his touch, “I love you Niklaus, you should be mad I’m a bad influence.

“Love we are as bad as each other” He grinned.

I pulled away studying him his imperfections, his lips, his eyes – He was my Klaus.
♠ ♠ ♠
{ Thinking about taking one-shot requests }