Status: Thanks for reading!

Hope

hope

Walking through the egg-shell white coloured hallways, I smiled to myself. Today was the day I was going to see my one real source of happiness, known to the world as Kellin Quinn.
I couldn't wait to see him, just the thought of it made me skip a little in anticipation. I only got to see him once a week, and today was one of those days.
As I walked through the halls, I mentally replayed all our moments together in the two years that we've been a couple. Today was especially great - not just because I got to see my one true love, but because it was our anniversary as well.
Two years together, and I didn't regret a second I spent with him. I cherished the memories, storing them in my mind after I was finished reliving them for future use.
It meant the world to me that he stuck around after I got put in this mad house, and I couldn't help but grin at what an amazing, perfect boyfriend he was. And he was all mine.
I turned down the hall that lead to the cafeteria and opened the doors, walking to our usual table as I sat down to wait for him.
I got the usual stares from the other patients and the caretakers, but I ignored them.
They all avoided me as if I was some sick animal dying from the plague when I came in here, but I just disregarded it as jealousy. The only reason they put me in here was because I slit my wrists, and as valid a reason as it may be, I didn't want to be stuck in here.
As I was trailing through my thoughts, I felt a hand tap my shoulder lightly. I smiled, knowing exactly who it was going to be.
Sure enough, as I looked up, I saw my prince charming standing there, smiling down at me. His beautiful black hair fell out evenly in front of his face, and his eyes looked lifeless, as usual.
He needed me, and yet they still wouldn't let me out. I fucking hated this place sometimes - scratch that, all the time.
He sat down next to me and I turned to face him, watching his beautiful eyes as they struggled to sparkle with happiness. I knew he was happy to see me, but just like me, he knew he had to leave soon enough and we both would be sleeping in separate beds until I got out.
"Hey," he said, his soft voice sounding tired and worn out as he lifted his hand up to cup my cheek.
I closed my eyes and leaned into his touch, relishing this moment and wanting it to go one for as long as possible. Now, his touches said more to me than words ever could.
They sent jolts to my heart, awakening it from its melancholy state and making me feel complete once again.
He rubbed his thumb across my cheek gently, desperate to send out what he could no longer say to me and I swear in this moment I heard it.
I felt the same thing; the love, the lust, the longing. The tired nights and the turning over, hoping that my loved one would be on the other side of the bed when I come to.
It hurt me that this was all we had left; these silent touches that could only do so much for our aching hearts.
But it was something, and as long as I was with him I'd take it.
I opened my mouth to speak, but he silenced me with a gentle kiss before pulling away and staring at me with that gaze that showed sadness, love and tiredness all in one. I gazed back at him and mimicked his look, only hoping that with that gaze I could tell him everything he needed to know.
His hand dropped down to my wrist, rolling my sleeve up slowly and looking down at my scars, tracing over them delicately with his finger.
I closed my eyes and tried my best to enjoy this, his skin tracing over mine ever-so-gently, but how could I when soon enough the bell will ring, signalling the end of visiting hour?
He lifted my wrist up to his mouth and kissed my scars lightly, sending shock waves to my core and soothing me at the same time.
He was so gentle with me, touching me as if I might break at any given moment.
I appreciated it, though I did long for something more from time to time.
He set my wrist down cautiously and looked up at me, his eyes this time gleaming with something new. Something I haven't seen in them in a long time. Something that resembled hope. In the 9 months that I've been here, I haven't seen this look in his eyes once.
He was hoping. Hoping for what, I didn't know, but he was hoping. And seeing that, it made me hope too. That one day I'd get out of there, and we'd have a good life again. We'd be a normal couple, happier than we were before. We'd go off and get married and we'd adopt cute little children, and we'd raise them until they left for college, then we'd grow old together. We'd be with each other til our last breaths, each of us reminiscing about our youth years and basking in the old years. We'd love, because we had hope.
And that hope, that was the best anniversary present I could ever ask for. He always gave me the best presents.
I smiled at him, showing my hope, just as the bell rang.
He stood up, holding my hand, and he held onto me tightly. I smiled up at him, speaking my first words to him since he got here.
"I love you. Happy anniversary."
He kissed my cheek and backed away, looking me in my eyes. "I love you too, Vic. I'll be back next week."
With that, he kissed my hand and turned on his heel, walking out of the building only to come again the next week. But he didn't leave, because was still here with me. I had his hope, and as long as I had that, I could be stuck here forever.
Because Kellin, he had hope in me. And that hope was all I needed.