Sequel: I'll Be Your Safety
Status: Sequel I'll Be Your Safety out now!

Settle Down

Closing the door

I woke up the next morning to a cold bed. I opened my eyes slowly, looking around the room. I pushed the covers off me as I stood up, following the sound of laughter. After I brushed my teeth, I made my way out of the bedroom, and into the living room where everyone was sitting.

“Morning, Love.” Harry smiled charmingly, kissing me on the lips.

“Liv, this is Louis. Louis, Olivia.” He gestured to Louis, who was standing behind Harry, his fingers entwined with a tall brunette’s.

“Eleanor.” She introduced herself, stepping forward and smiling.

“Nice to meet you.” I replied with a smile.

“Well, sorry to dash off so soon, but we better get going. Our brunch reservations are soon. It was nice to meet you Olivia!” Eleanor waved, stepping out of the door with Louis, Liam and Zayn in tow. Soon enough it was just Hazz, Niall and I standing awkwardly together.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know anyone would be here. I’ll just get changed.” I gave a quick smile, before dashing into the bedroom.

I walked back into the hall, looking over into the kitchen where the two boys were laughing with each other and eating cereal. They both turned their heads in unison as I walked in, and Niall pushed a bowl of cereal my way. I smiled in response, picking up the cereal and a spoon and hopping up onto the counter to eat my breakfast. I listened intently to the boys laugh, cracking jokes and talking about past experiences.

“Remember that time when we pranked Simon? I couldn’t stop laughing for weeks.” Harry laughed, putting down his now-empty bowl.

“Hah! I'm still not sure if it was worth it though. He was pretty scary after that.” Niall chuckled.

“Sounds like it was fun being part of the band.” I said.

“It was the best time of my life. The best part, though, was when we went to Africa. That was amazing.” Harry grinned, picking me up off the counter and leaning down, giving me a big sloppy kiss on the lips. I smiled against the kiss, leaning into him as his arms wound their way around my waist. As I pulled away, I looked over Harry’s shoulder to Niall, who had his arms crossed across his chest and a scowl on his face.

“Hey, I’m going to run a few errands. I’ll be back later on.” I told Harry, patting him on the shoulder.

“How long will you be gone for?”

“A few hours.” I replied, pulling my coat on. “I have my phone if you need to reach me.”

“See ya later!” The boys called out in unison, waving their hands.
_
“Harry I'm home!” I called out, kicking off my boots and hanging my coat up. “Harry?”

I walked into the kitchen, placing the grocery bags on the counter gently. Just as I was unloading the groceries I heard a loud bang come from the bedroom. I stopped what I was doing, making my way over to see what had fallen. As I opened the door and glanced around the room I was met with a shocking sight.

“Harry? What the HELL?” I screamed, pushing the door open. There, on the bed, was none other than the Taylor Swift, her naked limbs tangled up with Harry’s.

“Olivia! I can explain!” He shouted out, wrapping a blanket around his midsection.

“Why would you do this to me?” I whimpered, my hand going instinctively to my mouth. Harry walked forward, arms outstretched with a frown on his lips.

“Olivia I’m so-“

“Get away from me.” I hissed, backing out of the doorway and into the living room.

“But I-”

“GET AWAY.” I warned, backing up farther. I snatched up my jacket and shoes quickly as Harry loomed over me, staring me down.

“Harry, just. Don’t ever talk to me again.” I ran out of the apartment, slamming the door shut and dashing down the stairs. Where was I going to go? I thought miserably, as I sat down on a step and pulled on my shoes.

“Oh god, this can’t be happening.” I muttered to myself, wrapping my arms around my torso and shutting my eyes tightly, as the tears began to stream down my face.
_

Niall’s POV

Just as I was reaching up to grab a box of cereal I heard a knock on the door. I answered, expecting either Eleanor or Louis coming to pick up a last box, but was instead met with a surprise.

“Olivia? What are you doing here?” I asked. She looked like a mess. Her hair was messy and her eyes were red and puffy, mascara running. She sniffled, her bottom lip quivering.

“Can I come in?”

“Of course.” I replied, stepping back and opening the door wide.

“But why are you-“

“He cheated on me. Caught in the act with that stupid Taylor girl. I never liked her.” She spat, kicking off her shoes forcefully, exposing her highlighter green socks.

She then ran up to me, engulfing me in a massive hug that almost knocked me over. I patted her back reassuringly, unsure of how to react. I couldn’t believe that Hazz cheated on her.

“Do you wanna sit on the couch?” I asked after a minute of hugging.

“Yeah.” She whispered, just audibly. She slowly shuffled her way to the couch, pulling her long chestnut hair into a low ponytail.

“Niall?”

“Yeah?”

“Does he do this a lot? Cheating?” She sadly looked up at me, tucking her legs under her.

“A few times; but I wouldn’t have ever thought he would do it to you.”

“Why wouldn’t you think he would do it to me?”

“Because, well, you’re beautiful, funny, charming, intelligent. I just thought he wouldn’t have let someone as perfect as you get away.” I shrugged my shoulders, sitting down on the couch.

“You really think that?” She asked, a small smile forming on her lips.

“Well, yeah.”

“That’s really sweet of you Niall.” She grinned, leaning over and cuddling into me from the side, her head resting on my chest.
_

Five hours, three tissue boxes and two movies later (I never realized how long the Sound of Music was) Olivia had finally ceased her crying and was now comfortably curled up in my lap.

“Niall?” she asked, looking up sadly.

“Yeah?”

“Thank you.”

“For what?”

“For letting me stay here. I’m sorry I came here, it’s just, I didn’t know anyone else here. I would have gotten a hotel, but I didn’t even know where to go. I just figured-“

“Hey, hey Its ok. I understand.” I cooed, petting her hair and smiling down at her.

Liv looked up at me for a few seconds, before moving her body so that she was straddling my lap. She then bit her lip, looking straight into my eyes before kissing me. I felt electric sparks the second her lips made contact with mine. She worked fast, pushing me down on the couch and working at my shirt, never breaking contact with my lips. I couldn’t believe myself when I picked her up bridal style and carried her all the way to the bed. I knew what she wanted. She wanted to finally close the doors on Harry; make it final that she was done with him, and was moving on. And this was her way of showing it.