More Than I Could Wish For

and everything I didn't

"Have you ever had the feeling you're drawn to someone." I mumbled and continued to hum the song that had been stuck in my head most of the day. Logan had been playing it often, picking it apart to perfect it, and it was a bit catchy.

My feet ached as I slipped into my car. It felt like first time I'd sat down since arriving at work, which was probably the case. I sighed before starting the car and then putting my hair up in a simple bun. It wasn't too much of a drive home. I stopped to pick up some chicken for Logan and Talia because I was sure that even though it was late, neither of them had eaten yet.

Once I pulled into the driveway I took my heels off and carried them inside, shuffling along barefoot. I smiled at the door because I could hear the Bubble Guppies playing on the other side. What I found on the other side was Talia's favorite TV show playing while Logan was stretched out on the couch with Talia on top of him. Both were dead asleep.

I giggled as I turned the TV off and watched them. Times like these made everything worth it. Talia was a handful and trying to raise her without Logan around all the time was hard. But this was perfect.

I stood there for a few more moments before I decided to move them to the bed. I started to pick Talia up first, which woke Logan up. He smiled once he noticed me and helped get her into my arms. He stayed on the couch while I carried Talia to her room and tucked her into bed. I crept out so as not to wake her from her peaceful sleep.

Logan was still slowly drifting off again on the couch when I returned. I sat down and curled my feet up as I leaned over on his shoulder. The movement woke him up enough so that he wrapped his arm around me and rested his head on top mine.

"How was Talia?"

"Brilliant, of course."

I smiled. "You didn't let her watch TV all night, did you?"

"We were playing princesses earlier. I only put the TV on to calm her down for bed."

"A story would have done that too, you know."

"I didn't think of that." He chuckled and wrapped his other arm around me.

"It's okay. I'm sure she enjoyed the daddy daughter time either way."

"I know I did." He sighed heavily. "Tomorrow is going to break my heart. This past week has been so amazing with you guys; I don't want to leave."

"Just talking about it is breaking my heart." I frowned. "New subject."

"I'll only be gone a few weeks this time. Will you let Talia skype with me before bed?"

"Of course." I snuggled more into his side, wishing the conversation would truly turn. His arms tightened around me.

"I'm going to miss you so much too, Kandi." He kissed my forehead.

"Can we please not talk about it for now, Logan?" I couldn't help but pout.

"It's going to happen even if we don't talk about it."

"I know. I just want to savor this while we can."

We fell silent after that. Both of us were just trying to make every minute stretch and let each other embrace etch into our memory. This would be the memory that would have to get me through the next three weeks on my own. I could feel my chest tightening as the tears stung in my eyes. The sniffle was a reflex and a dead give away.

Logan pulled away a bit and tipped my chin up so he could look at my face. "Don't cry, baby. Please?"

"I - I can't -," I sniffled again, trying to hold all the emotions back. The back of my head started to hurt from all the pressure.

"Baby, you are the strongest person I know. You can." He slowly, gently kissed my temple. "I'm so sorry to put you through this."

Our eyes locked and I smiled a bit before pushing my lips firmly against his. When I pulled back, I kept my forehead on his. "Logan?"

"Hmm?"

"Will you make love to me? Please?"

"Oh, baby." He shook his head and chuckled a bit. "You know I would love to. But not if you're sad."

"Please, baby?" I whispered and kissed him again, softly still.

When we pulled back, he looked at me with the same spark as our first time. Our lips met and Logan's hands glided so easily under my shirt and to my hips. His hands pulled me toward him. I moved and swung a leg over him so that I stradled him on the couch.

"I love you, baby." He mumbled against my skin as his lips trailed toward my neck.

"I love you too." I laced my fingers through his hair, scratching a bit at his scalp.

His grip tightened on my waist before he lifted his hands upward, pulling my shirt with them. It was tossed to the side without much care as his lips reattached to mine and his hands started at my bra before going back down to my hips.

I could feel the intense bubble growing in my middle. "Let's go up to the room." I kissed him quickly before hopping off the couch. I skipped up to the bedroom, giggling as I could hear him groan from the couch still.

I unbuttoned my pants as I walked down the hall. I shimmed them off and kicked them toward a corner of the room. When I turned back around, Logan was standing in the doorway without his shirt. I grinned as he eyed me. It made me feel like the seventeen year old girl that was just smitten all over again.

He walked toward me slowly, still sliding his eyes over every bare inch of my skin. His arms curled around my waist as I locked mine behind his neck. “You look so gorgeous.” He whispered before bringing our lips together again. My stomach fluttered. I reached down to his pants and undid them before pushing them down his hips. He managed to get them the rest of the way off.

I started walking backwards, toward the bed. The back of my knees hit the soft comforter and I grinned before falling backwards, pulling him with me. We laughed as we scooted farther up the bed. Logan stopped though to kiss at my stomach. He usually did this, leaving innocent kisses along the scar from Talia's emergency cesarean. It wasn't a nasty scar, but he always took extra care with it.

Finally he trailed his lips back up to mine. "I love you so much Kandi."

"I love you too, Logan."

He pulled back with the widest grin. "Would you marry me?" I snickered.

"What?"

"Marry me?"

"Logan," I started but stopped. "Are you serious right now?"

"Completely."

I pursed my lips. "This is a bit of an odd way to propose, you know?"

"I love you. You love me. Nothing odd about it, my dear."

"But in bed, without a ring?"

"You're avoiding giving me an answer."

I rolled my eyes and then stared at the ceiling. "It's an awfully big decision. Can you blame me?"

"With everything I put you through? No. But I'm hoping to God you say yes."

My eyes drifted down to his face. His warm eyes locking with mine; his lips slipping into that smirk. "Of course I'm going to say yes." I giggled and cupped his face in my hands so I could drag him down to me.

I didn't need a ring or endless promises. With Logan's heart and Talia, I had everything I could ever wish for. I even had the things I didn't wish for and it made me increasingly happy each day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you love it : )
xooxEmber.