Life Without You

It’s so cliché, isn’t it? A boy and a girl, best friends who end up falling in love and live happily ever after? A white picket fence, rose garden, two kids, a happy house wife, and then the working husband. They grow old together, still in love. It’s the perfect love story.

You see that’s how I always thought Matt and I would end up, hell he even promised me when I was five and he was seven that’d he’d make me his wife someday. At that time, that age, I believed him. I believed him because he was my best friend. Best friends didn’t lie to each other, right?

Wrong. I’ve learned that best friends do lie to each other. Sometimes it’s a little white lie to protect you from getting hurt or a huge lie that will blow up in your face and cause you to go through the darkest time of your life. Those times when you just feel so alone, that no one understands what you’re going through when really they don’t. They’re just trying to be supportive, I know that but it never helps. Nothing helps.

Okay there was a lie right there. Two things helped me or three actually. My little brother and sister, Michael and Elena, and dancing. Dancing got me through and took me away from all the painful memories of him. Out of Minneapolis, MN, straight to New York City. A fresh start which was exactly what I needed. I just..never expected to see him again.
  1. o1