Dont Judge A Book By The Size Of Its Wrists.

Bird Feet

GinaMaries POV

“Whoops.” I mumbled as I fumbled my way back to my house, quiet, finally. I sighed and lay on my bed looking up at the dark ceiling, “I do not get you GinaMarie.” I said out loud, “Not many people would ditch out on hanging with two beautiful twins all night.” A long sigh and I was out.

Bright yellow peaked through my window as the morning crept up on me, I groaned as the sun forced me out of bed, and over to my coffee machine. “I love you coffeemaker.”

The clock read 12:42, okay; maybe it wasn’t so much morning anymore, which was okay because all I had planned today was showering and watching Golden Girls all day, sounds like the perfect Saturday, if you ask me.

I was enjoying my day, until I heard my phone buzz, letting me know that I had a text.
‘I sure hope you’re up by now. Am hungry. Want food. Will be there in 3 seconds. Put clothes on this time. Love you!’

I dashed to the bathroom and quickly washed my face and teeth, and put on a cat sweater, black leggings and my gray beanie once again.

The door clicked open and I shouted, “You’re lucky I put clothes on, you interrupted my naked golden girls marathon.”

“Don’t you think it’s weird to watch old ladies naked?” she shouted back from the kitchen.

“I never really thought of it… I mean, its not cause of them I'm naked, I’m naked because I wanna be naked…I’d watch Justin Beiber naked too, if he had a show”

“Oh good. So not only would you want to watch elderly women naked, you’d also wanna watch sixteen year old boys too.”

“That’s not—“

“It’s okay GinaMarie, It’s not your fault.”

I finally put finished putting on my makeup and walked out to meet my best friend…err plus two.

“Morning” Sara greeted.

“Nice sweater.” Tegan smirked, exposing her own feline shirt.

I blushed. “I knew it was weird for you to tell me to put clothes on, especially on Shirtless Saturday”

Sara laughed, “ We stayed at Kelly’s last night, and it’s our last day here, so we thought we’d hang.”

Kelly plopped on my bed; I noticed that Sara shortly followed sitting just close enough for their arms to graze. I smiled, “Sounds like a good time. Does anyone have food? Cause I barely just woke up and have only had my coffee.”

“Wanna go somewhere and get some? I mean, we kinda wanted to go explore anyways, and I’m always up for some food.”

“Sure, let me just get some shoes.”

I stood before my closet trying to choose which pair would work best with my light pink sweater. I decided on my white oxfords and happily put them on.

“Gina, this is too much.” Tegan said as she opened the door for me.

“What is?”

She raised her brow and glanced down at her shoes…which were also oxfords. “You’re such a copyCAT.” She said poking at my sweater, “Get it? We’re both wearing cats!”

I laughed, “Sara, I think you’re twin wants to be me.”

“It’s true; she’s always said she wanted to be a fake ginger with a good style sense. Actually, I’m pretty sure she’s written a couple songs about it.”

Tegan nudged her sister with her shoulder, “Oh shuddit. I was totally dressed first.”

Deciding on a small café for lunch, we all ordered sandwiches and took a seat towards the back of the little diner.

“So what all did you guys do last night, eh?” I asked, eying the two across the table.

Sara blushed as Kelly kicked me under the table, “We just sat and drank more. Maybe if you and Tegan got along better you would’ve known what fun things we did!”

“You just told me what you did, and besides, I get along with Tegan fine. So fine in fact, that I want to dress exactly like her every day.”

“Sounds like a terrible idea, your fashion sense would go down the tube sooo fast!”

“HEY! Be nice!”

“Truth hurts, sis.”

“Jerk.” Tegan mumbled as she took a bite of her sandwich.

“Anyway GinaMarie, there’s something I want to ask you.” Sara said, folding her hands on the table, giving a quick glance to Kelly.

“Oh God, you guys just met, it’s too early for this kinda talk.”

Sara cocked her head to the side, “Not what I was thinking, we’ll save that for another day. Anyway, so, you know how we’re touring, and how this is technically our first show along the way, meaning we have about 20 more venues. Lots of shows, lots of traveling, we’re going to Chicago this time too, which I’m excited –“

“To cut the story short, we wanna know if you would come and be our opening act. And maybe do our hair and such for the press shoots we have.”

“Hey, I was getting there. We know you have a really nice job and everything…But you also have a really nice voice, and I don’t want anyone to touch my hair, since I found you, we’re practically blood bound now”

“Yeah, didn’t you know, cutting Sara’s hair was really initiation to be her hair slave for the rest of her life? Weird, right?”

“I hadn’t a clue. You should really tell someone that next time, but guys. That’s super sweet of you and all.. But—“

“There are no buts; Sara didn’t deliver the news right. It wasn’t so much as a question, as it was a new life path.” Kelly chimed in.

“You know I couldn’t leave you. You’re basically my twin. No can do.”

“Awh, how very touching.” She said rolling her eyes. “And how awfully rude thinking I wasn’t invited as well. Selfish little girl. Tsk tsk.”

“WAIT.” Ginamarie spoke, louder than she expected, “You’d be there tooo?! Why the fuck are we still sitting her then?!”

“Told ya that should’ve been the opener.” Tegan said, stealing a cucumber off my plate. “I’m telling you guys, I’m a genius and no one listens to me.”

“Well. I first have to buy a car then…maybe we can go 50/50 Kelly? A jeep sounds nice and spacey..”

“A car? What goods that gonna do? You plan on creepin’ behind us for a couple months? That’s not weird or anything.”

“We’ll be like the really cool lesbian bus. Besides, I bet our fans will love you GinaMarie. It’ll be a nice change of pace to have a femme in our group.”

“You say that now. Wait til you have to share a bathroom with her. Not fun. Please, can we set a shoe limit right now too? Cause if not Ms. Keppel over here will be the only one who can fit on the bus.”

I kicked her hard in the shin and got out of my seat. “Speaking of shoes, I suppose I should go say goodbye to a couple pairs..” an overdramatic sigh, “It may take awhile.”

“That sucks. Cause we have about—“ Tegan looked at her watch, “An hour til we have to meet everybody.”

“Well shit. Call me than Kelly? You know how I get packing…”

“Tegan, go with her, I’ll go with Kelly. I’ll have Dave meet us outside her apartments, k?”

Tegans POV

“Alright, that’s cool I guess.” I tried to act casual, putting my hands inside my pockets as I waited for Gina Marie to finish up her conversation with Kelly.

Holding the door open for Gina, I watched Kelly playfully push Sara aside as they walked the opposite direction; I rolled my eyes, but couldn’t hold back a smile. My little twin found herself a girl! Totally not my type of girl, but hey, I don’t have to date her.

“You stare a lot, Tegan.”

“I’m not staring.”

“Riiiight. Totally believe you, Anyway. What size shoe do you wear? Maybe we can all share, so I feel better about this situation. Do twins even have the same size feet? I don’t know. Kelly has big feet, so that’s out, but you seem pretty average on the foot spectrum, you aren’t THAT much taller than I am. And I can make your style work for me, I think.” Her smile was huge as she turned and looked at me.

Shaking my head and chuckling; what a girl. “GinaMarie, I do not have little bird feet like you, and I’m like 4 inches taller than you. So everything you just said isn’t valid.”

She replied with a shrug, “I was just being nice, I don’t wanna wear you’re shoes anyway.”

Her little hands fumbled through her wardrobe, which was now strewn across the floor, all in different piles that I couldn’t keep track of. She’d ask me occasionally what I thought about a certain shirt, or if it’d be too cold for a dress, but I’m pretty sure she was just talking to herself because right after, she’d throw the questioned item in another pile.

“Gina, I have an idea.”

Her blue eyes met mine as she took her attention off a floral blazer, “What is it?”

“Why don’t you go pack your makeup and all your bathroom stuff, and let me take care of the clothes?”

She smiled and looked me up and down, dropping that floral blazer into the maybe pile. “I don’t think you’d know where to begin.”

“Trust me on this one. I’ve been taking mental notes of each article of clothing you own, and I know what looks good on a girl.” I ended with a wink. Golden; flattery always works.

“Mhm. I’m sure you can, however, judging by your current lack of finesse, you might get overwhelmed. But why not, I’m interested now.” She got up and handed me a shirt with a wolf on it, “Keep the bright colours to a minimum though, yeah? I don’t wanna look like a clown.” With that she winked and headed for the bathroom.

“I’ll pack what I’d wanna see on a girl, you’ll love it, and if you don’t, atleast I will.”

I watched her walk away, her small legs floating with every step she took, I couldn’t take my eyes off her until I realized that she trusts me with her clothes, which was on a whole new level of faith. Rummaging through the seemingly endless piles I selected the appropriate amount of outfits and quickly folded everything up them nicely in the suitcases when I heard a crash coming from the bathroom.

“Shit!” Her soft voice exclaimed as I quickly ran to see if she was alright.

When I entered the bathroom all I could do was laugh, there she was; sitting in the middle of a pile of scattered hair products, clutching on to a few other coloured bottles.

“I don’t know about you, but I think that’s a sign saying you’ve exceeded your product limit.”

She sighed and looked down at her lap, visibly upset. “I know, I’m sorry, I am. I’m just really bad at this and I don’t know what I’m doing and I don’t think the people will like me, and Sara and Kelly are going to go live off happily forever and I’m just gonna be stuck here with all these fuckin’ products.” She threw the last of the bottles out of her hands and broke down. “I’m not good enough for this shitty town, how could I possibly be good enough for the rest of the world?”

How was it possible that even crying this girl was gorgeous? It seemed her blue eyes got brighter with the tears, it was such a beautiful sadness that all I could do was drop to my knees and hold her shaking body, “Trust me GinaMarie, you’re too good for this world, can’t you see? That’s why nobody knows how to act around you, everyone’s scared, Gina. Perfection is scary. Plus, if Sara and Kelly work out, that means that we’ll all four have each other, which means that no matter what one of us will be here, we will not let you waste away here with you’re obnoxiously bright bottles, kay?” One last squeeze and I helped her up, “Now, let me help you get these things so we can go meet everyone downstairs, yeah?”

Trembling, she nodded and sighed at her reflection, wiping away the last of her tears. “You managed to fit all of my clothes in two bags? Gee. I take back everything negative I was thinking about you.” Her smile returned as she playfully nudged me and grabbed the bag that was twice her size.

“I’ve done this once or twice, turns out. I even got you a separate bag for your bird shoes, which also has some hats and scarves, because I’m that good.”

“My bird feet thank you, but reject your comment about being good.”

“You’re right, its more of an excellence. Silly me.”

She managed to get the huge bag out of the door, and clumsily down the stairs with only one minor accident, which caused her bag to fall down the rest of the flight.

Kelly and Sara were already waiting when Gina and I got down to the parking lot, with me showing off my chivalry by taking the heavier bag for the remaining walk.

“I already got it down the hard part, what makes you think I can’t walk it through a parking lot?” she defended.

“I’ve seen you walk, little bird, there are more graceful creatures out there.”

“And you’re one of them? Riiiiiiiight.” She passed me and stuck out her tongue, skipping towards the bus.
♠ ♠ ♠
leave comments, or message me guys :D