Dont Judge A Book By The Size Of Its Wrists.

Unnecessary winking.

Saras POV

“GinaMarie, lets go get some food, okay? The other two can sit in the bus and play with all that technology stuff that I don’t understand.”

“Sounds good, I need to stretch my legs anyways, its been what, 30 minutes on the bus? Yikes.”

“Only 5 ½ more hours to go! Have you been to Seattle, its beautiful.”

“Eh, yeah, my sister moved there.”

“Well, let’s visit her! I’m sure she would love to come and see you play! Let’s give her a call when we get on the bus!” I said excitedly, until I noticed the sad look on Ginamaries face, as she looked down at the wet pavement.

“It’s kind of impossible to, she’s dead.” Shoving her hands in her pockets, she kept walking through the automatic doors into the weird smelly grocers, “We need bananas, for sure. And I’m gonna need some alcohol. Lots of alcohol. She said, grabbing two 5ths of whiskey.

“Whiskey eh? You okay little bird?”

“Oh, I am, I’m just really thirsty…” She gave me her best smile, atleast she’s trying.

“I’m going to take that lame attempt of a smile, and roll with it. Cause this dingy little grocer doesn't deserve to hear your deepest darkest secrets, anyway. Do you think Kelly is hungry, what kind of food should I get her?” Trying my best to act casual, I knew she was happy for us, but it was so strange to be able to feel like I could confide in someone who wasn’t my sister.

“Hmmm. Kelly…Let’s see. She really likes everything. I think the thought of you buying her food is cute enough, but lets get sandwhiches, those sound delicious. Mmmmm.” She wondered around getting the makings, still carrying around the two bottles of alcohol in her small arms, they looked like they would snap at any moment, so I followed behind her closely, not that I could be any help.

“If I get chips, don’t tell Tegan, she’ll kill me. But I really want some…”

“Sara, you are your own person. You get those chips lady, just know, they aren’t safe next to me. Fair game.”

I laughed, it was nice being an individual, as odd as it is to say, I feel like I’ve been some part of this weird conjoined twin thing my whole life, that I actually thought that if one thought of me they think of Tegan simultaneously. I guess I need to give myself more props.

“I totally knew you and Kelly would be togethaaaaaa. Totally. Nailed that one….Well, I didn’t nail her…I mean, called it. Yes, that’s a better word.”

“So what about you? Do you have someone special or anything going on?”

She looked up at the now gray sky, “You know, I don’t. I think I’m okay with it too, ya know? I just don’t think that I could deal with someone elses emotions when I could hardly deal with mine…And besides, I’ve got no game, my friend. No game.” She smiled as we got on the bus, “Maybe I could take some moves from the bachelor over there.” She said, setting down the groceries.

“I mean… you can if you want. But she’s all talk, it wouldn't do you any good.”

I cuddled in next to Kelly, who was playing with the camera, her messy brown hair in a pony, I sighed, she was beautiful. She was mine. Looking up from the electronics, she smiled and opened her arms to me; I was home.

Gina Marie grabbed her self a banana and her blanket and curled up on the ground, “Kelly. I’ve been thinking. You need to get rid of that hair. ASAP.”

Kelly laughed and raised her pierced brow. “Then I’d look identical to Sara, and we don’t want that.”

“Join the club.” Tegan said, flopping on a chair.

“You totally would not; you would look more like Tegan anyway. Sara’s got too nice of clothes.”

“Hey!”

“Oh hush. You need a nice cut yourself Tegan.”

“Do not...” My twin said stubbornly, crossing her arms.

“You’re such a liar Tegan Rain! You told me you did right after I got mine!” looking up from the footage that Kelly was reviewing; I glared down my sister, “Don’t try to play the cool lady, buddy. We’re all equally cool on the lesbian bus.”

“I’m so cool, that I’m going to go get drunk in my bunk and write about how much I hate Seattle.” Gina said, kicking off her dark green vans and heading down the hall, whiskey in hand.

I looked over at Kelly concerned, but all she did was hold me a little closer.

“It’s what she does, Sara, I’ve tried to get in between her and her habits, and then she just retreats back in this shell she’s created. It’s sad. But it’s just Ginamarie’s way of life.”

I sighed, and looked over at my sister, who was just staring down the hall. “I don’t think I could do this alone Sara. I’m so glad I have you, or I’d be just like that. Actually worse than she is.”

All I could do was smile sadly and rest my head on Kelly’s shoulder. “I hope she’s okay.”

“What’s so bad about Seattle anyway? I bet she hasn’t even been there.” Tegan whispered as she went in the kitchen to look for food.

“Uh. I wouldn’t be so quick to assume, Tegan. It’s not my place to tell you, but she used to have a sister too. And Seattle kind of killed her, in a way.”

“Like, metaphorically, or literally.”

I sighed; my sister can be so dense. “Literal, now, can we please not talk about this anymore. She’s right back there.”
“Well, fuck. I deserve a drink myself.”

Tegans POV

The alcohol rushed through my body, like a wildfire through the forest, there was so much I didn’t know about the people who were sleeping mere feet away from me, and somehow little Sara was okay with that. I do see Sara in Gina sometimes, the way she stumbles over her words, the way she looks off like she’s in her own little world; I guess it’s good that she’s found other people on her level.

“I’m going to bed.” I slurred to the couple across the bus, who were cuddling watching a documentary about something, French I think.

“Okay, Tegan, I love you, Goodnight, Don’t forget about our interview tomorrow, kay?” Her voice was sad, she feels guilty. Guilty for me, sad for me, her lonely shallow sister. I simply nodded and stumbled to the back, where I heard GinaMarie softly sing the words to a very familiar song.

“You can't start a fire, sittin' 'round cryin' over a broken heart
This gun's for hire even if we're just dancing in the dark
You can't start a fire, worryin' about your little world falling apart
This gun's for hire even if we're just dancing in the dark

I smiled, and got in my bed, listening to the sad, soft words painfully echo through my head in her gorgeous voice.

I heard whispers from outside my bunk, quickly looking outside I noticed the morning air, I don’t even remember going to sleep…all I remember is that beautiful voice, the voice that sang me to sleep.

“We should totally do it…come on…don’t be scared of her. It’s for the fans!” I sighed, that was my queue, I got up and out of bed, almost crashing into my sister holding a camera.

“Oh, good. You’re up. I thought we’d start the day off with some footage of life on the road! Let’s start with little Ginamarie.” She smiled at me as she poked the lens in Gina’s bunk. Poor girl.

“GinaMarie, GinaMarie! Its time to wake up! We’ve got an interview!”

I heard a squeak and a shift in the covers.

“Gina,” Sara said again, “Tegans’ about to wear a bright orange shirt with neon pink pants and her ugly yellow holey sneakers, oh! Look Kelly, she’s walking outside right—“

“Oh hell no she’s not,” with that she jumped up, and noticed the camera. “You guys are jerks...”

“Are not. Now say good morning to our fans.”

“Good morning Tegan and Sara fans. I’d kill you if I didn’t know millions of sixteen year olds would kill me. Kelly probably would too. Ah fuck. Nevermind.”

She leaped out of bed and made her way to her suitcase, I watched as she contemplated her choices and settled for her mauve skinny jeans, a studded denim button up that faded from light to dark and floral oxfords. “Do you think I need a coat?” She asked, once she got out of the bathroom, make up done. Hair pristine.

She was answered with no’s all around, “Well. That’s wonderful.”

“I made you coffee.” I said, pouring the hot liquid into a to go cup, I knew she had a rough night, and Kelly told me to make some anyway.

The smile that answered me was the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen, totally worth it. “Thank you so much.” She said taking it from me, and walking outside to meet Sara, who quickly briefed her on todays interview as I watched from the sidelines with Kelly.

“She was so happy about the coffee, thank you.”

“Don’t worry, sometimes it’s the little things that make you seem less of a dick.” She smiled at me and nudged me with her shoulder, as I laughed. “But really. Help her in there if things get weird, okay? She isn’t the best at opening up.”

“Where will you be?”

“Me and Dave are going to go hang out with the other crew people. You guys have fun.” She left with a smile and went over, kissed my sister real quick and disappeared behind the bus.

“You ready guys?” I asked

“I call middle.” The little bird said, as we made our way inside.

Hey guys, we’re here with Tegan and Sara…plus one

S: GinaMarie
T: Or LittleBird, whatever you prefer.
Oh, So this is the opening act than, eh?
G: Act makes me sound like I have a talent.
T: Singing is a talent.
G: I know, I mean, like a really hard talent. Like juggling fire.
T: Singing is hard..
G: So is juggling fire.

GinaMarie, if you don’t mind, I’m going to focus on you for a moment, How did you meet the girls?

S: Ooooh! This is my favorite story, can I tell it? So I was walking around Kamloops, bored as any other human on a rainy afternoon…actually I wouldn’t call it rain, it was more of a drizzle, anyway, I stumbled upon this hair salon, and Gina gave me a haircut, and I forced her to sing to us. It was really wonderful.
That sounds like a lucky day for you Gina.
G: It wasn’t my worst, that’s for sure; it did suck when they said I couldn’t bring my shoe collection...
T: Yeah, that one cut deep.
G: Soooooo deep.

How is it, sharing a bus with two gay twins? Are you worried at all?

T: Is this even a question?
G: You know how in the movies they have those cricket noises in potentially awkward situations? I think someone needs to queue those.
S: That would make this a whole lot less awkward.
G: Yeah….so I’m gay…and to answer your question, it is a dream come true.
T: Ew, Gina Marie don’t wink after that.
G: Just trying to make up for the lack of crickets.
S: That makes sense.

I must ask this one for the fans, are you dating anyone?

S: Told you you had fans Gina!
G: I think she’s just being nice…But yes, I am, very single indeed.

Tegan, Sara, how are your love lives?

T: Mines nonexistent, actually.
G: Yikes, Someones bitter.
T: Not me. Sara, why don’t you answer this one?
S: I don’t know what you’re talking about Tegan.
G: Is Sara trying to be cool right now? Holy cow Sara, it’s like I don’t even know you.
S: Okay, okay. Let me answer. I am currently in a relationship with this woman –
G: Thanks to me.
T: Fame for a girlfriend. Fair trade, really.
G: I’m not complaining.

Did you hear that ladies? Sara is off the market. Now, girls, I know you will be performing in a few hours, so we’ll get right to the meat of this interview, are you guys going to come out with another record soon?

T: We are in the process of writing one, I know we’re shooting a music video in a couple months, so we’re definitely on our way to another one soon.
S: Yeah, I’m going to try to stear clear of sad songs.
T: I think I’ll cover the sad ones on this record. You just write how you’re so inlove with Kelly, and how you and Gina go shopping together..
G: That sounds like a really good song. I’d listen to it.
S: I think I already got the chorus in my head.
T: Oh God.
G: Tegan loves us so much its insane.
S: She would be SO uncool without us.

Tegan, is it fair to say you’re the odd one out?

S: That’s not fair. She’s like my other half, we love her. Besides, her and Kelly get along really well.
G: Almost as well as me and her do.
T: Again, the wink wasn’t necessary.
S: Winking is always necessary, don’t get weird Tegan.
T: I feel weird.
G: I can tell. Your eye is twitching.

Well guys, its been entertaining as always, any last comments before we leave today?

T: Oh, yes. If you really like useless banter, follow our tour diaries.
G: Cause we’re funny.
T: So funny.
S: And you’ll be able to meet our crew.
G: More like just our camera lady.
T: And that was an appropriate wink.

And there you have it fans, check out the ladies website for tour dates and the tour diaries! Have a great show tonight!
♠ ♠ ♠
guys, i wanna talk to you. :3 message me