Dont Judge A Book By The Size Of Its Wrists.

Hair Day!

GinaMarie’s POV

I only left my bunk when it was necessary: Food, Bathroom, Shows. But other than that I ljust lay there, eyes burning holes in the ceiling. It sounds childish, and you very well can interpret it that way, but it was the only way to not feel completely awkward.

I rolled over, it was day 4 of my campout, the scenery changed from beautiful luscious green to dead brown desert. I sighed, I just missed my little square house, I just missed watching Golden Girls.

“Enough is enough.” My curtain vanished, exposing the light from outside. “Get out of bed, eat a banana and come hang out.” My best friends eyes were stern, and her body language told me there was no point arguing.

“I don’t want to…” My voice cracked, it’d been 14 hours since our last show, and the last time I actually projected my voice.

“Well, it’s a good thing we all have to do things we don’t want to do occasionally; besides, your fans have been asking why they haven’t seen you on the tour diaries.”

“No they haven’t.”

She sighed, I knew I was being dramatic, but still, out of everyone, she should understand. “I didn’t want it to come to this…..But GinaMarie, I need a haircut.”

I smiled, that was an offer I couldn’t refuse, “How short?”

“Just a trim.”

I pretended to roll away from her, “Okay, fine fine. Whatever you want. As long as Sara doesn’t find me hideous.”

“Noone would ever find you hideous after I’m through with you.” I threw my legs over the edge of the bed and jumped down.

I went to the kitchen, noticing the twins sitting at the table, Sara was reading, while Tegan was…I actually couldn’t tell what she was doing, she had her hood up, it looked like she was in a trance. Like she was just sitting and staring straight ahead. Weird.

Grabbing my banana, I sat next to Sara.

“You’re alive! I’ve been so worried! We’ve been so worried!” She looked over at Tegan, “Aside from the shows, Tegan hasn’t moved a muscle. It’s kind of creepy, really.”

“Sometimes its just easier to go in your shell than deal with the world.” I said quietly, making eye contact with her. She just looked down, her brown hair touching her shoulder. “Can I offer you a haircut Tegan? I’m giving Kelly one, and by the looks of it, my shears and your hair need to meet.” I presented her a shy grin before I bit into the banana.

“You should probably give up, Tegan here is –“

“Sure.” Her voice was flat, but at least I got to hear it.

“Sara. How mad would you be if I did this—“ taking out my phone I showed her a picture of Kelly with a Mohawk “to your lady?”

She smiled ear to ear, “I think that is attractive, do it pleaseeee!”
Victory. “KELLY ALLEN ROOKS! GET READY TO SAY GOODBYE TO THOSE RATTY LOCKS!” My smirk was huge as she entered the room, her eyebrow raised.
“I said a trim.”

“I took a vote. Stop acting like you actually care.” I herded them into the small bus bathroom.
“This is definitely going on our diaries.” Sara stated taking hold of the camera, whilst I made Kelly sit on the toilet. “Tegan, squeeze your way in there, and take off that hoodie though, you look like you’ve just stared death in the face. Actually—“ she leaned out of the bus and grabbed a red flannel that was laying on an extra bunk “—Wear this. Maybe wearing colours will make you look less like you wanna die.”

“Okay, Director.” Tegan sat on the counter, her thigh grazing my hip. Were those butterflies? No. No of course not.

“Gina, introduce your client to the fans.”

“Sara. You’re bossy. Why don’t you do it?”

“GinaMarie. She’s your friend.”

“Yeah? But whose bunk does she sleep in?” Her sister added, raising a brow.
She turned the camera around to her face, “Hello guys, today I’m going to be hosting the show because everyone else are being babies. Anyway. Today is a very special day! Its haircut day! Our first guest in GinaMaries toilet chair is Kelly Allen. Now, Kelly Allen is the best person here, and I quite honestly love her more than my own twin.”

“So, you’re saying you love her like a sister?” Tegan retorted.

“I never said that.”

Large clumps of Kelly’s hair floated to the floor, “Well, tell the fans how you love her.”
Sara sighed, “See. Babies. ANYWAY, as I was saying before that stranger interrupted, everyone, meet my girlfriend. Girlfriend, meet fans.”

“I bet you’ll be on the next lesbian hit list now, Kelly.” I laughed, inspecting the length of Kellys new cut. I made sure they were even before stepping back and looking at it from a distance. “Eh, little shorter on the sides.” I said to myself as I got my clippers.

“Oooh, bringing out the big guns now, yeah?” Kelly smiled, I know she secretly likes her hair short, and the way Sara was staring, she had to feel beautiful.

I took the clippers to the sides of her head, shaving it down to almost skin, leaving the top long, “Now, I’m going to put bleach on it real quick than you’re up Tegan.”

“Blonde?”

“Not just any blonde, my friend. White blonde, your eyes are going to look so amazing. Your skin too, oh I’m so excited!” I squealed. “Just wait til you see it styled.”

“I don’t style my hair.”

“Yeah, good luck with that excuse. You’re talking to the girl who wears heels to the grocery store, better get used to it.” Tegan said, taking her place on the seat.

“You know me so well.”

“Tegan, tell the fans what you’re doing.”

“Uh….Sara…They have eyes.”

“I’m not saying they don’t. I’m just making the transition more smoothe, but obviously you’re being a butt.”

“I’m not a butt.”

“No, but you’re playing the part.”

“Sara. Tegan. Do not ruin this special moment for me. I’ve been fantasizing about this day since I met her.”

“Should we leave?” Kelly asked smiling.

“Yes, leave, Tegan take off your shirt, lets get funny.” I winked at the camera.

“Get funny? Like lets tell jokes? Or get funny, like get frisky? Cause if it’s just getting funny, there’s no need for me to ‘get’ I’ve been funny my whole life. But if we’re getting frisky, I’m not the only one taking off my shirt.”

Kelly and Sara were laughing in the background as I started to cut off Tegans’ hair. “You know, there are girls that will watch this and cry, because they like you with long hair.”

“Girls cry over me all the time.”

“It’s true. I wanted to cry every time I saw you with this hair too.”

“Hey. It’s not that bad…”

“Tegan, what have I always told you?” Sara, who was now sitting on the ground asked.
“I don’t know that carrots are good for your eyes?”

“Grandma used to say that, not me. But no; always trust a girl in heels.”

“And since I’m clearly the only one on this bus that does so, have some faith!

“I have faith, I guess.”

“Very good! Now say it again, but mean it.” I stopped cutting and stared at her big brown eyes, “Or I’ll leave your hair like this.” Half her hair was cut, while the other half remained untouched.

“So I’d look like you? Cute!”

Pursing my lips I continued to cut, “You’re such a bully Tegan.”

“Girls like mean girls.” She smirked, eyeing the camera in her peripheral.

“You keep telling me about how you get all these girls, and I’ve yet to see it.”

“Member love, you’ve been in your bunk for a while.”

“Unless you have the most quiet boring sex ever, I’m not buying it.”

Her haircut was finished, short on the sides, long in the fringe area, I took my flat iron and enhanced her natural curl, “Now, go out looking like this, and I’ll believe your lady stories.” Turning towards the camera, “You’re welcome everyone. I do what I can.”

“Can I wash this out yet?” A very blonde Kelly asked.

“Oh, yeah, hurry though, I need to shower.”

“Got it.”

Sara handed me the camera and slyly closed the bathroom door behind her.

“BE SAFE!” Tegan screamed.

Laughing, I went to the front of the bus, taking a seat in front of the community computer, Tegan sat next to me, her leg pressing against mine, “I’ve been reading your fan mail, people think you’re like this weird lesbian sex God.”

I raised a brow, “That’s basically spot on. Can you not tell?”

“I think they just got our names mixed up, I mean. Have you seen me?”

I looked her up and down, “I mean, you’re alright, yeah. But I don’t think you have what it takes to be a sex God just yet.”

“Oh, but you do?” She leaned over, pushing me off the couch.

“I’m just saying what the people are thinking, girls like girls in heels.”

“I really can’t argue with that.”

We continued to scan through my fan mail, her leg pressing against mine, my heart skipping just a little. “Man, I feel like I’m almost as good as you guys. Like, I’m on the level where the fans would illegally download my music. I feel good about it.”

“I mean, I downloaded it a couple days ago, you sing me to sleep every night.”

I looked at her and smiled, “I listen to you before I sleep too.” I stared at her beautiful brown eyes, her smile was soft, for a second, I wanted nothing more than to introduce our lips, to connect our beings for just one second.

“Awwww.” Kelly said, peering from the bunks, Sara peeking over her shoulder.

“This is probably the cutest thing I’ve ever heard Tegan say, good thing we got it on camera. I bet the fans are going to make those little picture movies – TIFS? That doesn’t sound right- no, no GIFS or whatever about this very second.”

“Shudddduppp.” I blushed, walking to the kitchen.

“You guys just ruined the moment!”

“And to think this all started from Lesbian Sex Gods.” Kelly said, taking the camera and hooking it up.