‹ Prequel: Never Told You
Sequel: Why Wait?
Status: Completed.

All Your Life

Chapter 2

Rylan
I walked down the pathway to Tree Tops Cabin for the third time in the last 20 minutes. I couldn't do it. I couldn't go in there and face him. Not after ignoring him for a year.

But finally, I gathered up the courage and opened the door.

Milan was sitting on the couch and Valentina was asleep with her head on his bare chest. I smiled slightly at the sight in front of me and closed the door quietly. He looked over when he heard the click of the door and gave me small smile. I returned it and we stood there staring at each other for a while before I cleared my throat.

"She's beautiful." I pointed to the sleeping baby and he smiled down at her.

"She's got me wrapped around her finger." He laughed, careful not wake her.

"Big bad Milan Lucic?" I questioned, jokingly.

"You know I always had a thing for pretty girls." He smirked at me, but it only brought back memories of him and Brittany. I nodded at him, my smile falling from my face.

"Well, I'm gonna go settle into my room." I avoided eye contact and made my way down the hallway. There was one closed door which I assumed was mine. It was.

I left the door open a little and then heaved my duffle bag onto the bed and unzipped it, pulling out some clothes and stuffing them into drawers.

When I was done unpacking, I collapsed on the bed, which was extremely comfortable, and closed my eyes.

I heard the door slam against the wall and jolted awake to see a little girl wearing a Bruins onesie standing in the door jam.

"Hello cutie." I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I must've fallen asleep. She said nothing and stuck her thumb in her mouth.

"Val, I told you to stay out of this room," Milan came up behind her and scooped her up, "Sorry about her." He turned to me and went to grab the door to close it again.

"It's fine, I need to get up anyways. What time is it?"

"Almost 7."

"I slept for 6 hours?!"I exclaimed.

"You were tired," He shrugged, laughing a little. The girl in his arms babbled and he looked at her, "What are you saying, you goof?"

"She's so cute." I couldn't help but smile as I stood up.

"Thanks," he smiled, "Can you say hi to Rylan?" He asked Valentina in a baby voice, but she just gave him a funny look and Milan and I laughed.

"Guess not." I shrugged and walked past them and into the bathroom.

"Hey, what are you doing tonight?" He asked before I closed the door.

"I might go see Mar and see if she needs help or anything. Maid of Honor duties, y'know?" I laughed and he nodded.

"Sounds fun... Well, I'll talk to you tomorrow, then. Tell Mar I said hello." He nodded again and then turned, walking down the hallway.

"Weird boy, that one." I muttered, shaking my head and closed the bathroom door.

++++++++++
The next day Mar was rushing around trying to perfect tiny details for tomorrow.

"Marliegh, relax hon." I tried to calm her.

"There is so much to do, Rylan. The flowers, the cake, the bridesmaids, the dresses, the groomsmen, the tuxes, the seating charts, the priest, oh God, what if the priest doesn't show up? I've seen that happens before, y'know. The priest is late or doesn't show up and sets back the entire ceremony hours and then everything is off time and ruined. It's ruined! All my planning was a waste of time! And oh, what if Brad gets cold feet? Then I'll be alone forever with no one to love me besides Evie, but she's a baby. What am I gonna do?! The love of my life backed out of the wedding!" She rambled on and paced back and forth.

"...It's just the rehearsal dinner... Besides, you and Brad are already married. You have the marriage certificate and everything. The wedding is just a celebration." I pointed out.

"That's true, I guess." She sighed.

"He loves you, Marliegh, he's not going to be a runaway." I assured her and she finally sat down and smiled at me.

"He does love me, doesn't he?"

"Every crazy bit of ya." I nodded and she laughed.

"Knock knock." Milan opened the door holding a very fussy Evie.

"What did you do to my baby?" Marliegh huffed and took the child from her brother.

"Nothing, she's getting hungry."

"I'll be back." She cradled Evie in her arms and walked out of the room.

"How is she?" Milan asked when Mar left the room.

"She's stressing." I shrugged and he nodded.

"So is Marchand."

"I want to apologize," I blurted out and he looked at me, questioningly, "For what I did."

"You don't have to apologize." He shook his head, but I cut him off.

“No, I do. I don’t know why I rejected you. Well, I do, but I don’t know how to explain it,” I sighed and he just stared at me, “It was all so fast. I mean, it wasn’t even a week and you were already asking me to be your girlfriend again and I panicked. Everything came back up. We were together for 6 years…” I took a deep breath, “I’m not apologizing for stopping the wedding-“

“I’m not asking you to, I just want answers.” He said.

“Ask away.” I nodded.

“Why did you run?”

“I-I freaked out. I wasn’t expecting you to jump into something that quickly and I wasn’t ready to.”

“Where have you been for the past year?”

“Tour.” I mumbled.

“Where?” He asked, not hearing me.

“I went back to The Wanted tour.”

“Well, I’m happy you got your chance to dance. I know how long you’ve been trying to get noticed.” He smiled at me and pulled me in for a hug. I wrapped my arms around him and snuggled into his chest. I breathed in the familiar scent. He pulled out of the hug, keeping me at arm’s length and leaned in to kiss me, but I turned my head and let him kiss my cheek. He looked confused.

“I can’t, I’m sorry.”

“Why?” he whined and I took a deep breath.

“Because…I’m already in a relationship.”
♠ ♠ ♠
DUN DUN DUN
ahaha, Just kidding, but hello dears(:
I never got a chance to personally(kind of) thank you guys for all the support you gave Megan and I with Never Told You, and for sticking with us for the second series, so THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!!(:
I love you guys!
~Nicole xo