‹ Prequel: Never Told You
Sequel: Why Wait?
Status: Completed.

All Your Life

Chapter 4

Rylan

Dinner was perfect. We got to know each other like we've never met. It was just like a blind date...well, from what I see in movies. He told me about the Bruins and I pretended to be clueless about the sport. He then brough up his big mistake. I kept my mouth shut and let him indirectly explain himself because I never really gave him the chance to. He then told me about Valentina and how much he loved her and funny stories about the cute toddler. I was happy he was talking about himself because it has been a touchy subject from the day I met him. He never likes to talk about himself.

Then the subject switched to my life.

"So tell me about the life of Rylan Carter." He took a deep breath and I picked my head up from my wine glass.

"Well, I'm 26 years old, I live in Vancouver, though I plan to move to Boston soon. I just came back from touring with The Wanted-"

"Oh, do you sing?" Milan asked, smirking, knowing I can't sing to save my life.

"No, no. I'm a dancer."

"That's pretty cool." Milan smiled and I laughed a bit.

"Thanks."

"Tell me about your past." Milan said and my heart stopped for a minute. I knew what he wanted me to talk about and I didn't know if I could. I know he just shared his half of the story, but...

"I don't know...you really want to know?" I asked, looking up to meet his eyes.

"Tell me everything." He looked me straight in the eyes with a serious face.

"Okay," I took a deep breath before starting. "About 2 years ago, I got really hurt by my boyfriend at the time." I looked away, avoiding eye contact.

"What did he do?" Milan asked, quietly.

"He cheated on me with my best friend's college roommate."

"Asshole." He breathed out and I looked up to see him with his head in his hands and I realized what he was doing. He was still punishing himself for what he did.

"Yeah he can be, but I still love him." I said and his head shot up.

"Why?"

"Because he knows what he did was wrong and he's changed a lot in the past 2 years. I've always loved him."

"Even though he almost got married?"

"How did you know that?" I asked, still playing the Blind Date game.

"Lucky guess." He shrugged.

"Yeah, well, I stopped the wedding because I couldn't stand the thought of him being with someone else."

"You stopped it all by yourself?"

"No, I had help. His little sister and her boyfriend, who are both my best friends."

"I see. Was he mad?"

"Not at the moment, no. He still loved me, until I rejected him a few days later when he asked me out again."

"Why did you do that?"

"We had both come out of relationships. Him with the almost-marriage and I had just broke up with my pop star boyfriend. It was all happening so fast."

"I'm sorry I pressured you." He said, dropping the game act.

"It wasn't you, I got scared and so naturally I ran." I frowned, "Then I stayed away for a year because I was terrified you'd want nothing to do with me."

"I love you, Rylan. I really do and you have no idea how happy I am that you are here now." He smiled, taking my hand in his.

"I love you, too, Milan. I love you so much it hurts." I smiled back and stood up, walking around to stand in front of him. I bent down to kiss him. He slowly kissed back before taking control and standing up, putting his hand on the back of my neck. I opened my mouth to gasp at the sudden force and he took the opportunity to slip his tongue in my mouth. It got heated when he lifted me onto the table and I wrapped my arms around his neck and he kissed down mine.

"If I ask you again will be reject me again?" He asked, his lips still against my skin.

"Ask me and find out." I said he he lifted his head to look at me and smiled.

"Will you, Rylan Carter, be my girlfriend...again?"

"I'm all yours, babe." I nodded and he smiled wider, kissing me hard

"Hello?!" The door swung open and Marliegh walked in as Milan and I pulled away from each other.

"Oh, hey Mar." Milan said, casually.

"I was coming over here to yell at you two for being late to the rehearsal dinner. I thought you were fighting again. This, though," she motioned towards us, "This I'm okay with." She smiled and I hid my red face, hopping off the table.

"I'm so sorry, Mar." I said and she laughed, walking over to us.

"I love you two. And I love that you two are back together...you are together, right?" She asked.

"Yes." Milan nodded.

"Took you long enough!" Mar exclaimed and wrapped us both in hugs and kisses. The three of us laughed for a minute before Mar clapped her hands and beamed at Milan and I,

"Alrighty enough of this, we need to get to the rehearsal dinner before we cut into Brad's bachelor party."

"Why exactly is he having that tonight?" Milan asked and Mar rolled her eyes.

"The best man planned it." She sighed and I chuckled.

"Tyler leaving things to the last minute, as per."

Brad

"I really appreciate you guys coming out for this." I smiled as the waitress brought the table another round of beers.

"We wouldn't miss your wedding, Marshy."Bergy chuckled, patting my shoulder.

"Or the bachelor party." Thornton added raising his beer bottle in a salut before knocking it back and taking a swig.

"Well I still appreciate it."

"You're a lucky man, Marchand, Mar is amazing and you're little girl is perfect." Horton smirked, bumping my shoulder and I smiled.

"Do you really have to remind him?" A voice I was hoping to never hear again asked from behind me and Milan stiffened up across the table. I turned in my chair and frowned at the sight of Marleigh's former faux-acnée, Jude.

"Pretty far from home, aren't you Jude?" I asked and he smirked.

"Wouldn't miss your bachelor party, Cupcake." He chuckled and Shawn glared at him.

"Do we have a problem here, Marshy?" He asked and two bikers at a pool table behind him stood up a little straighter.

"I don't think so, do you Cupcake?" Jude asked and I shook my head.

"We don't need any trouble, this isn't a Staal bachelor party. What do you want, Jude?" Milan asked and Jude shrugged.

"Just thought we'd stop by and congratulate Cupcake. Give him a little friendly reminder that the club is still looking out for Mar - and not just in Vancouver. One wrong move and you'll be hearing from me." Jude smirked smugly and patted my shoulder the same way Bergy had, "You enjoy the rest of your night, gentlemen."

With that, he nodded to the men at the pool table and walked out the door. As it closed behind him, I caught Milan's gaze, sharing a look of unease.

"What was that about?" Bergy asked, glancing between the two of us as Segs frowned.

"A friend of Marliegh's."

"Marliegh's?" Shawn asked, looking over at me surprised, "Your WAG has Hells Angels friends?"

"Unfortunately." I muttered, grabbing my beer and he shook his head.

"Remind me not to piss her off."

Marliegh

"I wonder how much trouble the boys are getting into." Rylan chuckled, looking at me over the rim of her wine glass.

"As long as Brad can say I do tomorrow, I don't care." I smirked, taking a sip of my own glass before frowning as the doorbell of Baker House rang.

"Were you expecting anyone?" I asked, setting down my glass and sliding off my chair.

"No, were you?"

I walked over to the door, stooping to look through the peephole and laughing as I swung the door open.

"Jude! What are you doing here?" I asked as I threw my arms around his neck in a hug and he chuckled, hugging me back.

"I wanted to bring you a wedding present from the club." He pulled away, stepping back outside and grabbing a wooden crate. He set it down on the coffee table and smiled, "Sorry it's not wrapped, that's not exactly one of my strong suits."

"Jude, it's gorgeous." I smiled, running my finger tips over the intricately carved design on the anniversary wine box.

"Dave made it." He chuckled, "Who knew, eh?"

"I love it, thank you. You didn't need to bring it all this way."

"I wanted to." He smiled, wrapping me in another hug, "Just like I wanted to pay for your boys' drinks when I saw them at the bar tonight."

"You just happened to see them?" I asked skeptically and he chuckled.

"Alright I may have had a few of the Halifax boys track them down. I wanted to have a word with Cupcake."

"Jude!" I scolded and he threw his hands up in defence.

"Nothing happened, we talked for a minute and I had my guys stay to cover their tab. I swear, you can call Cupcake if you don't believe me."

Brad

"I didn't expect that biker wack job to pay our tab." Shawn chuckled as we piled out of a cab out front of Tree Tops Cabin where the boys and I are staying.

"I guess it was a wedding present." Bergy shrugged and Milan nodded.

"Knowing Jude."

"Speaking of wedding presents, can you do me a favour, Milan?" I asked, pulling him aside as the rest of the guys headed inside.

"Of course, man. What is it?"

"I have a present for Marliegh, could you bring it to her for me tomorrow morning?" I asked, biting my lip realizing I was getting married tomorrow.

"I'd love to." He chuckled, patting my back and I smiled, leading him into the cabin to get it.

"I really appreciate this, Milan."

"Anything for my teammate...and brother."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello lovies,

So we realize it's been way to long since we last updates and we're really sorry! The lovely Nicole just graduated so she's been busy with school and I've been focusing on a non-fan fiction writing project for the last few months. I've been planning the next chapter all morning, so we promise our next chapter will be up much quicker!

xoxo Megs