Status: Completed! Stay tuned for the sequel :)

One Hundred Sleepless Nights

Haven

Cassandra


Having Tony around is great; because I got other people to talk to other than Mrs. Perry and Avela and I got to spend more time with him. Ever since she got the stroke, Mrs. Perry was forced by Tony to move in to his house so she doesn’t have to stay alone, but because he isn’t home much I thought I’d volunteer to take care of her whenever he’s out on tour.

Usually I would get help from Avela, but since she’s now taking a class at San Diego Community College I was basically all alone. Since my job is pretty laid back, I spent most of my days working outside of the office. Sometimes I don’t even go to the office for a whole week and spent it at a nearby Starbucks or a park. So because of that, I would spend my mornings in Tony’s house with Mrs. Perry and the rest of the day doing my work and running errands.

I just got back to Tony’s from the farmer’s market, since this is the first morning that he’s home I thought I would make him a welcome home breakfast. I fried some bacon, hash brown, sausages and toasted some wheat bread. I was taking out fresh orange juice from the fridge when I heard footsteps coming from the stairs. Tony was walking down topless with his grey PTV sweat pants.

“Good morning sunshine, I made you breakfast” I smiled holding up my spatula

He came over me, gave me a one handed hug and kissed my forehead. “Smells, great. Why are you up so early? It’s only… 8 in the morning” He lets me go and took a seat on the dining table.

“Well some of us have things to do in the morning Perry, not everyone is a rock star” I rolled my eyes, “how would you like your eggs?”

“Scrambled”

I scrambled two eggs and I also did two sunny side ups for myself. I set them on the plates and brought them over to the table. I poured orange juice for the both of us and sat down.

“You’d make a great wife, you know that?” Tony said with a mouthful of sausages and hash brown.

I blushed from what he said, does he really think so?

“Yeah, I mean it” He winked at me as if he knows what I was thinking.

“Shut up” I mumbled quietly. Come to think about it, I kinda do feel married to Tony somehow. Whenever he comes home from tour, he came back to his mom and me, I would cook him food, wash his clothes, spend most of our time together and I’m taking care of his mom. From what I know, this is what being married looks like.

I shudder; the idea of marriage absolutely terrifies me. I can’t imagine myself being tied down with someone for the rest of my life and completely confiding in that person. Don’t get me started on kids… I don’t think I’ll ever want kids after what happened to Avela and I. The thought of raising them and dealing with them horrifies me.

“Cassie!” I snapped back to reality when I heard Mrs. Perry calling my name faintly from her room. I wiped my mouth with a napkin and excused myself to her room.

“I want to have breakfast, can you help me?” She said as I walked into her room, I smiled and nodded.

I wheeled over the chair by her bed and lifted her body from the bed onto the chair. Most people would think that it’s impossible for a petite girl like me to be able to carry someone like that but when you’re used to it, it’s really not a big deal.

I pushed her out to the dining area and her smile grew wide when she saw Tony munching on his breakfast.

“Good morning baby”

“Hey mom, good morning” Tony stood up and pull out one chair next to him so I can push her there.

I fixed her breakfast and sat back down across from Tony and Mrs. Perry. She was still smiling wide; I know she’s really happy to have Tony back home.

“So Tony, do you have any plans today?” Mrs. Perry broke the silence

“I was thinking about going for a drive somewhere with Cassie, well… If she’s free” He turned his gaze towards me, I swallowed my sausage and nodded.

“Sure, I’m free this afternoon”

“Great, there you go” He grinned at his mom and continued eating his scrambled eggs.

“I’m glad you’re home Tony, you know it still worries me when you’re out there touring” She frowned a little

“I know mom, I’m here now okay? I’m glad to be home” He leaned over to his mom and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

I smiled looking at them both. I remember Tony telling me when we were still at the hospital that after his father died, he got really close to his mom and they became best friends growing up. When I broke the news to Tony about what happened to her mom, he was so crushed that the guys had to cancel a few days off of the tour because he wasn’t in the best condition to play.

After breakfast, I cleaned up the table and the kitchen while Tony took a shower. I talked for a while with Mrs. Perry and when Tony was done, we went out for a drive.

The car ride was silent at first; Tony was the one who broke the silence. “I miss this” He said not looking away from the road.

“You miss driving?”

He turned his attention to me. “No– Yes, but I meant this… I miss driving around and hanging out with you”

I smiled at his answer. “I miss you too, you’re not leaving again anytime soon are you?”

He shook his head. “Not in a few months, but we’ll be touring again for sure and maybe hit the studio to write”

“How’s my mom? How is she holding up?” He turned his gaze towards me.

“She’s doing great, she’s been eating well and she’s been smiling and laughing again”

“Thank you so much for helping me with her Cass, I swear I’m forever in your debt” He took my hand and kissed it.

I blushed at his gesture and smiled back, “It’s fine Tony really, I care about her and I would do it in a heartbeat”

We went to the beach after we bought frozen yogurts on the way. We took our usual spot down by the rocks, it was secluded and it became our ‘sanctuary’. We would usually come here to watch the sunset or just to clear our heads whenever we have problems.

Neither of us talked, we just sat there leaning towards each other and eating our Froyo. I feel like my body just melted into Tony’s when he flung his arm around my shoulders, pulling me close.

Oh how I miss this
♠ ♠ ♠
I lost a subscriber :( WHYYYYY??? WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME!!!?????

What did I do wrong guys? Halp?

Sorry for not updating sooner, my life right now is like a fucking soap opera and I guess I'm just not in the mood to write. This chapter is kinda crappy, not my best but I kinda want to explain the nature of Cass and Tony's relationship. Better chapters coming soon!

Thankyou for those who commented, I might have lost track who commented on the last chapter... Sorry! Enjoy this one babies!