Status: Completed! Stay tuned for the sequel :)

One Hundred Sleepless Nights

Is This What It Feels Like?

Cassandra


“Come on everybody! Hide!” Rachel shouted loudly and everybody took their place to hide. We were all hiding in the kitchen and the dining area, Mike’s place is now transformed and packed with so many people it’s crazy. Joel Piper from Confide was here, Jaxin and Natalie were here and the guys from Sleeping With Sirens were also here. Basically everybody that matters was here, except Tony. For some reason, Tony isn’t here yet and nobody was able to reach him.

“Shhh guys! They’re coming in!” Rachel shut all of us up; it was so quiet I can basically hear Avela’s heartbeat next to me.

Frenchi and Mike stepped inside the house. “Babe? Why is it all dark?” I heard Mike coming towards the TV room.

“I don’t know, let me check the fuse” Frenchi walked towards the kitchen and gave two thumbs up, signaling us to do our thing. She turned on the kitchen and dining area lights and we all popped up from our hiding spot, completely taking Mike by surprise.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKEY!” We all shouted in unison.

“OH FUCK! HOLY FUCK MOTHERFUCKER” He jumped and cursed all around.

After that it went like a blur, people hurried over to Mike and gave him bro-fists and hugs, wishing him a happy birthday.

“Hey giraffe, happy birthday” I walked up to him and gave him a hug, he picked me up and gave me a tight squeeze.

“Thanks babygirl! And thank you for planning this party, I knew Frenchi couldn’t have done it without you” He winked and gave me another quick hug before moving on to other people.

The next hour felt like hell. People were all dancing, drinking and having fun while I sat alone on the kitchen counter stool, sipping my whiskey cola occasionally. Tony still isn’t here yet and now I’m beginning to get angry, why is so important that you would miss your best friend’s surprise party?

“Hey, why are you sitting here alone?” I turned to my right and saw Jaime with a bottle of beer on his hand.

“I’m just not in the mood to party, but I’m good here don’t worry” I raised my cup and faked a smile.

“Well, I know you well enough that you’re not okay but if you don’t want to talk about it, I get it” He gave me his famous grin and ruffled my hair. “Come and find me if you need to talk or anything okay?”

“Yes Hime, thanks” I gave him a sincere smile.

“Oh, incoming” He chucked his chin out and I turned around to find Tony walking in all smiles and happy.

I turned my head back to where Jaime was but he was already gone and I’m stuck here because I can see from the corner of my eye that he was walking towards me. I turned back around, decided to be calm and just act like nothing happened, but it’s hard when I saw the blonde Barbie-doll figured girl attached to his side.

I swallowed hard and put my best mask forward.

“Hey Cass! Oh my God I’ve missed you so much! Where have you been?!” Tony lets go of the girl and reached over to give me a hug, I had no time to react so I just hugged him back.

“Just busy with work, sorry for not returning your calls. I’ve just been really swamped”

“Nah it’s okay, I just missed hanging out with you that’s all” He gave me a weak smile. “Oh! Cass I want you to meet someone” He turned around and took the girl by her hand and brought her forward.

“Cassie, this is Jessica my girlfriend and Jess, this is Cassie my best best best friend”

I stared at Jessica before accepting her hand and boy she was gorgeous. She’s at least 5’8”, her body was toned and slender, her hair was long and wavy with a very pretty shade of sandy blonde. She was wearing a very tight wrap dress, which made me look like a sack of potato next to her, even though I’m wearing the best dress I have.

“Cassie, it’s nice to meet you” I took her hand and shook it. She was smiling warmly at me and said likewise.

“Well I better go to Mike, we haven’t said happy birthday to him yet,” He said taking Jessie’s hand. “Come on babe, I’ll talk to you later Cass” he smiled and they’re off to the crowd looking for Mike.

I couldn’t even hold back my tears from falling because now it’s streaming down my face like a waterfall. It hurts me to see him with someone else, as selfish as that sounds. I just can’t stand looking at them all happy and lovey dovey.

I stood up, ran to the upstairs bathroom and locked myself inside for the remaining time of the party. I cried and cried until I couldn’t breathe, this isn’t how falling in love was supposed to feel.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here you go! But seriously though, I would love to hear your thoughts on the story, and for you silent readers, please comment! Come on guys, comments would make me a very very very happy girl <3 Oh and here for you guys, Tony with blonde bangs.

Image