Status: Completed! Stay tuned for the sequel :)

One Hundred Sleepless Nights

Medal of Honor

Cassandra


It was two days after the announcement of Frenchi’s baby and engagement and I can’t say I’m enjoying myself. I felt like I am stuck in a rut where I became invisible and people around me are moving past me, not really caring about what happens to me. Don’t get me wrong, I’m ecstatic about Frenchi and Mike getting married but it also made me put things in perspective. I’m 25 years old and I’m getting older by the second, I need to really stop acting like a high school teenager that worries about something that is idiotic to begin with. I need to start prioritizing what is best for me, and that could mean moving to London.

When I first heard about London, I had mixed emotions about the whole thing. I realized that going to London could mean everything will change for my career. It could be the boost that I exactly needed. I’m gonna lie, the offer to London is insanely amazing and I would be a total dumbass to not take it, but I just can’t help but feel like I would be missing out a lot by moving, and mainly because of Tony.

knock-knock

I snapped back from my thoughts and walked towards the front door. I peeked through the peephole and saw Frenchi standing on the other end with a box of Lindt – Lindor Chocolate Truffles.

I opened the door and quickly grab the box form Frenchi’s hands before she could even say hello.

“Thank you!” I raised the box as I walked back to the couch. Leaving Frenchi stunned and confused on the doorway.

“Honey, if that’s how you answer the door then I feel sorry for whoever visited you” Frenchi closed the door behind her and joined me in the living room, with me already gobbling the box of chocolate.

“Watcha doin here?” I asked after taking a bite.

“Just checkin’ up on you, I’m worried” She looked genuinely concerned and sad.

“Because the guy I’m clearly in love with showed up with a stunning blonde model to your engagement announcement barbeque?” I asked bitterly.

“Hey come on, I didn’t know he was going to show up with her. Everybody was rooting for you and Tony to get together. Come on Cass, I’m on your team” She said emphasizing on ‘your’.

“Yeah about that, how did everybody end up knowing about me and Tony?” I sat up and raised my eyebrow at her. “Did you guys talk about how pathetic I am for chasing Tony around even though he CLEARLY doesn’t want me?”

“Hey hey, what’s with the ‘tude?” She asked surprised and a bit annoyed. “In case you didn’t notice Cass, it’s pretty obvious. Not just you, but Tony also, so don’t get all negative about everything okay”

I hung my head low and out the box of chocolate on the table. “I know, I’m sorry. I’m just super frustrated about this whole thing. It’s driving me crazy, literally. My hairs are falling out in clumps! I’m gonna be a bald Maid of Honor!” I cried dramatically while holding up my hair.

“Maid of Honor? What makes you think I’m going to make you my Maid of Honor?” She raised her eyebrows cockily.

“Oh like you have someone better to put up with your annoying and crazy ass? Psh” I waved my hand in front of her face.

“I can ask my cousin Bertha, she has been dying to do this since she heard I was getting married”

“Which was when? This morning? Besides, you hate Bertha. She’s such a… What did you say? Goody two shoes?”

“Ugh you’re right, I hate her freaking guts. She wanted MY wedding to be all church-y and she wanted me to wear something Princess Diana wore to her wedding. As if?!” She rolled her eyes in annoyance.

“So?”

“So what?”

“Am I your Maid of Honor?” I asked with a huge grin on my face.

“I don’t know, I’m gonna have to ask Mike and–“

“FRENCHI!” I whined and she just burst into laughter.

“Alright! Alright, you’re my Maid of Honor, geez” I squealed and jumped forward to give her a hug.

“Okay, what’s my first order of business?”

“Look at you, getting all hyped up for a wedding. I thought you’re against marriages?” She smiled while rubbing her belly in reflex.

“I never said I was against marriage, I just don’t think that marriage is for me. But I’m excited for yours!” I clapped my hand in excitement.

“Okay, well we need to get a few things done, and you are definitely coming with me tomorrow for the first meeting with the wedding planner”

“Sir, yes sir!” I gave her an army-style salute and we both broke into laughter.

I smiled to myself as I thought, this is the thing that could completely take up my time, and I don't mind it one bit. Cause this means I can get a certain Turtle out of my head, hopefully for good.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, before you guys complain. This one is short because it's actually one super long ass chapter that I divided into two. Another update is coming your way in 2 minutes!

Thank you for those who commented on the last chapter! Sorry for being such a tease WakeMeUpWhenIt'sOver :P and angelful I just seriously love your comments! Also, not wanting to sound needy as fuck but if you guys can recommend this story your friends, please do and that would make me the happiest girl alive! Not kidding, seriously!