Status: Completed! Stay tuned for the sequel :)

One Hundred Sleepless Nights

Did You Just Quote Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Cassandra


We spent the whole afternoon talking, mostly about his band and his music. He told me about how the band started and how it has changed his life. He told me about his family, how he lost his dad at an early age and his mom is the only person that’s keeps him going.

I didn’t talk much, mostly because I’m not sure I want to hear what I have to say, I just enjoyed listening to Tony. The way he laughs at his own story when he’s telling something funny, his voice is so calming, he almost made me forget the reason I was at the hospital in the first place.

“I can’t believe you never went to the aquarium, they have sea turtles! How can you not want to see giant sea turtles?!” He was half laughing and half whisper-yelling me.

“I just never thought of going! And why are you so excited about turtles? You’re a grown ass man Tony Perry!” I shoved him on the side, we’re now outside in the parking lot having our smoke; he flicked his cigarette and laughed.

“I LOVE turtles, okay? I don’t like them, I LOVE them. They’re like the coolest, most awesome animal in the whole planet” He gave me a shove back

“Wow, guitarist extraordinaire Tony Perry loves turtles. I could never imagine someone like you liking such cute animal” I shook my head and draw in my cigarette.

“Your eyes can deceive you; don't trust them” He looked up to the sky and blew out a smoke

“Did you just quote Obi-Wan Kenobi?” I couldn’t believe it, he was quoting Obi-Wan fucking Kenobi

“Hell yes I did” He turned around and put together his fist so I can read the tattoos on his knuckles that says ‘STAR WARS’ and another one on his lower knuckles that says ‘JEDI SITH’.

I laughed and threw my head back; Tony Perry is a Star Wars nerd!

“Oh Tony, you never ceased to amaze me”

“It’s your turn now, I have been doing all the talking all night. Tell me about you and why are you here in this hospital?” He threw his cigarette butt into the flowerbed.

My smile went out, I knew this was bound to happen when he started talking about his family and his past, I knew he would want me to do the same and without me realizing, I was already rambling.

“My life was a living hell, I never knew my dad, my mom was a prostitute who gave up her job to raise me, we were doing fine until she got hooked on heroin when I was 5 years old. She got pregnant with her drug dealer, two years after she started doing drugs. She tried to get cleaned up but that didn’t work so 4 weeks after she delivered her baby, my sister, she killed herself. A single gun shot through her head and she was gone.”

I looked at Tony who is looking at me with the sorriest look I have ever seen. This is what I hate about telling people about my past, they automatically think that I’m a victim and I need pity or something.

I don’t. I moved on and even though my past was hell, it made me who I am today and I’m damn fine with it.

“Oh stop it, don’t look at me like that. It was the past and I’m fine now, I’m great. I love my life and I make no regrets about the decisions I made. So don’t look at me like I only have 3 weeks to live, okay?” I smiled and he nodded, trying to smile back.

“My grandmother raised my sister and me, I moved out as soon as I was 18 and I took my sister with me. Not because living with her is a bad thing, but she was old and sick so I thought living with her would bother her. I got a scholarship to go to UCLA and I work part time to pay for my sister’s school. Then one day, she just disappeared, leaving only a note saying she wants her own life and that I shouldn’t go look for her. That was 2 years ago, I didn’t talk to the only family I got for two years.”

I lit up another cigarette; this is getting heavy for me to talk.

“Then a week ago I got a phone call from a stranger and told me my little sister was in a coma because of drug overdose” I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, trying so hard not to bawl.

Then I felt a hand around my waist; I opened my eyes and saw Tony literally inches away from my face, he was holding me.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have asked you to tell me about these things” He held me tighter

“It’s okay, I needed someone to talk to. I feel… more relieved now that I shared this with you. I didn’t even tell my best friend what really happened to Avela”

“Avela, that’s her name?” I looked up and nodded

“That’s a pretty name” He paused, “look I know I can’t do anything to change what has happened, but I can promise you that you wont be going through this alone. If you need anything just tell me, and I’ll try my best to help you with Avela” He smiled

“No, Tony. I appreciate it but I can’t let you do that for me, you barely even know me” I let myself loose from Tony’s grip

“Don’t say that, it would make me a total asshole for me not to help you after hearing what you said. Besides, I like you; you’re cool and I would do anything for my friends” He smiled again, God I can never get used to that smile.

“So we’re friends now?” I smirked

“Hell yeah, we’re going to be the coolest duo ever” He put his hand up for a high-five, I met his hand and high – fived him.

I can’t believe that two days ago, I was sitting alone in Avela’s room, thinking a million things that I would scream at her when she wakes up, if she ever wakes up. Now I have a new friend and a promise that I wouldn’t have to go through this alone.

All this from the stupid snapback guy.
♠ ♠ ♠
And there it is! Comments, subscriptions and recommendations are greatly appreciated guys!