Status: Active(:

Hold Me Close

1. Adopted

It had been exactly 28 hours and 47 minutes when the Cullens returned. I was sitting on the steps, reading a book, when it was suddenly snatched from my hands. I looked up and glared at Amy’s smug face as she tossed it behind her. Grabbing my arm she proceeded to drag me up the stairs and into the room I shared with one of the other girls.
“Pack your shit. The Cullens adopted you, though why they would want you is beyond me.” She cackled. Her voice grated on my nerves, and my hands itched to punch the smirk off her mousy face.
“Really? They adopted me?” I asked, fear and excitement bubbling up in my chest.
“Yes. Now hurry up and pack so I never have to see your ugly face again.” She tossed a suitcase at me and stormed out of the room. I quickly packed my meager belongings and made my way to the lobby, picking my book up along the way.
Esme, Alice, and 2 boys I didn’t know sat in the plush chairs waiting for me to join them. One of them had huge muscles, short curly brown hair, pale skin, and deep golden yes. Those muscles rippled under his shirt as he stretched his arms, making my hormones go crazy. The other had crazy bronze hair, pale skin, and gold eyes. He wasn’t as muscular as the first but he wasn’t small either. They both instantly scared the crap out of me. Being in a house with so many males would drive me insane! Would I have to worry about them the way I did with Keith and Mike, my last foster brothers?
Shaking the memories from my head I walked farther into the room, drawing everyone’s attention.
“Welcome to the family Jezebel!!” Alice chirped, rushing over to hug me.
“Thanks Alice.” I smiled
“Jezebel, these are 2 of your 3 new brothers, Emmett and Edward. Guys this is Jezebel.” Esme introduced, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. Surprisingly, her embrace felt safe and I leaned into her side.
“Since we are now family you guys have got to stop calling me Jezebel. I prefer Jez.” I insisted. Emmett grinned and nodded his head.
“Jez it is then.” Edward agreed with a gentle smile. Esme led us out to the car before she stopped me.
“Since you are now apart of this family, there is something you should know.” She began.
“If you are about to tell me about you guys being ‘vegetarians’ I already know. My first foster mom was one too.” I interrupted. A look of relief crossed their faces and Alice giggled.
“You find something funny, shortie?” I teased, full of new found confidence. I don’t know why, but I felt like I could trust them.

“Yes. And I’m not short, I’m fun sized!” she laughed, sticking her tongue out at me. I grabbed it between my fingers and smirked mischievously.
“Whatcha gonna do now?” I laughed.
Suddenly I was lifted into the air. I looked at Emmett’s grinning face and struggled not to let the panic overwhelm me. My heart sped up and my breath caught in my throat.
“Emmett put her down.” Edward said calmly. He looked at him confused, but didn’t put me down.
Its okay, you’re okay. I chanted in my head over and over again.
“Damn it, Em. Put Jez down. NOW.” He said more forcefully. As soon as my feet touched the ground I scrambled to get away from the two males and took a few calming breaths.
“I’m sorry. I just really hate being picked up. It never ended well in the past.” I said softly.
“I should be the one apologizing. I didn’t know.” Emmett said sadly.
“Enough horse play. Let’s get Jez home so she can meet the others.” Esme scolded, leading me towards a black Mercedes. I squeezed into the back with Edward and Alice. The 2 hour drive was quiet and I fell asleep quickly with my head on Alice’s hard shoulder.
“Jez, sweetie, we’re here.” Esme’s gentle voice woke me from the nightmare I was having. I looked around and rubbed my eyes tiredly, causing everyone to laugh fondly. The house was huge. 3 stories tall with glass walls. Alice giggled and proceeded to drag me inside.
What is it with people and dragging the short girl? I thought irately.
♠ ♠ ♠
okayy its a short one but im officially done with this chapter(: sorry for the long wait, i was majorly busy trying to bring my AP English and AP US history grades up so my dad will get my phone upgrade