Status: Currently on roll....

Snitch

Snitch

When the bus pulled up in front of our campus that was located in the middle of a mountain top, located in middle of nowhere, country state people were already getting to their seats before the bus even stopped moving. Me, I stayed where I was and waited as when the bus finally stopped and the lights came on, everyone started getting off. I couldn’t help but feel my gaze burn into Iggi and Ciro as they came past. Again Ciro had his arms wrapped around Iggi from behind, resting his head on her shoulder while she wore a smile stretching from ear to ear. They walked stride for stride until he let her go down the steps and off the bus as he followed. Man, were they gonna pay.
Barto came past me but he moved so quickly by the time I registered it was him he was already off the bus getting checked by security. After waiting for probably a full minute, I finally got up as the last student got off of the bus. I didn’t step off the bus until I was sure that the rest of the students were a good few feet away from me. Then as I came off I looked right the three security guard that were holding flashlights and said, “I have something to tell you.”

“So who all did you say were drinking at the festival?” as Vale, the kindly yet country accented and missing toothed security guard. He was sitting at his desk in the security office while I sat in the chair behind it. There were two more security officers in the room, both choosing to stand for the lack of chairs.
“It was Harmony and Hank, Joquil, that one boy from the security trade who wears the thick glasses, like how those hip-hop artists wear, and Ciro Madrigal and Ignacia Harrah. They were the ones who were drinking on the bus because it was left open. They drank on the bus and when they were done, they jumped out the back door, and Ciro put the empty bottles that were in a plastic bag in the back of somebody’s pick-up truck.” I rattled off. Sometimes I wondered why did getting other people in trouble come so naturally to me.
My earliest memory of how my tattle-telling got me in trouble was in middle school. I can’t remember the grade but I remember seeing a group of the older girls at our school smoking behind the building. They saw me but just as how Iggi had said, they were certain I wasn’t going to tell. I really had no reason to, but I did it anyway. They were all suspended, but when they got back I was the target of their absolute torture for the following months afterwards. My only saving grace was that they all had moved on to high school by the next year.
“So you saw them drinking or you just saw them getting off the bus with the bag?” the one security guard that everyone on campus said looked like a certain character from a Seth McFarlane cartoon asked.
I could tell from his tone that he really didn’t care what I had to say. He was the laid-back type who didn’t really like doing his job voluntarily. Usually he needed a push every now and again. If he was head of the security here, students would probably get away with murder if they hid the body well enough and left no obvious evidence behind.
“I saw them with the bag only.” I confessed, putting my head down, but I quickly recovered, “But the way they were acting along with the others, you can pretty much tell what they were doing. Especially Ciro, he was holding onto Iggi like he could barely walk.”
“Well, they’re a couple. I see them doing that a few times. Doesn’t mean he’s drunk, drunk on love maybe.” Vale joked that caused the others in the office to chuckle.
“I’m being serious. All of those students were drinking illegally and two were drinking on a government vehicle.” I all but screamed at them.
“Well, if this is the case we’re going to have to breathalize you.” Vale said with a sigh.
“What?!” I cried out, “Why do I have to get breathalized?”
“Because you just came in here volunteering this kind of information on the other students. One can only think of a few reasons why you would do something like that. Perhaps you’re voluntarily ratting out other students because you were drinking.” The cartoon security guy said.
“That is hardly the case. I just want any of our trips to be canceled on account of a bunch of students want to get drunk.” I explained, I had been formulating the excuse the entire time I was on the bus ride.
I had formed that explanation for when people approached me about why I snitched. I didn’t think I would have to use it to defend myself against whether I was the one who was drinking or not.
“Either way, your actions are suspicious. We have to act on suspicion.” Vale said reaching into his desk and pulling out the device.
Gritting my teeth, I took the stupid breathalyzer test. It was the most retarded thing that had ever happened to me. How was I getting breathalized because I told them others were drinking? After everything was done, I was released from the security office. Amazingly, I was only in the security office for a little over twenty minutes, so curfew hadn’t happened yet. Much to my dismay. I was hoping that I could go into my room and hideout for the rest of the night without having to face any of the people who I had just snitched on. Before they took me over to the office, I was interrogated by the guards outside in front of everyone. I knew more than a few people walked past and picked up on what was being said.
I started my way down the pathway that led to the female dorm when I looked and saw Iggi whispering in some guy’s ear. They were both turned sideways so I felt like they could see me out their peripheral. I just kept my head up and eyes straight as I went to walk pass them. Iggi saw me and I knew that word had already gotten back to her that I had snitched because the look in her eyes was way different from what I saw in them earlier. This wasn’t the look of a girl scared of getting in trouble. It was the look of a young woman with fiery vengeful hatred searing within her. She took her gaze away from me to finish whispering whatever it was to the guy. I managed to get a few steps past and away from her before she hurled viciously at me, “You fucking fat ass, SNITCH!!!”
It sounded almost like a wildcat’s snarl and it was so loud and piercing that echoed well into the night sky. That girl had a pair of lungs on her and she made sure that there was no mistaking in who the target of that outburst was. At her words, I actually felt myself cringe some. It was almost startling. When I thought about it I never heard Iggi raise her voice, I never really seen her angry. This was a first for me, but it surely wasn’t going to be the last. It honestly was only the beginning of the worst.

“I’m scared.” I told my roommates as we all sat on our beds in our dorm room. I knew they honestly didn’t care about anything that I had to say. All of them made it pretty apparent that they didn’t care for me as a person.
Two were black girls. Both had dark skin with curly hair dark hair, but Taysia was short with a pear shaped body consisting of small breasts but wide hips and thighs, her shoulder length hair was real, and her face resembled that of what seemed like a wounded cocker spaniel to me. Niara or “Nini” was tall and very voluptuous and I’m pretty sure her twisted hair wasn’t real but that didn’t stop her from looking like the epitome of some kind of Islander princess. The other was a white girl name Kara, a dark haired girl who people said looked like a grandma.
“What are you about to be on about?” Taysia said in an annoyed tone.
“I’m scared because there were a lot of people on the trip that were drinking. So I told.” I confessed.
Yes, even when it comes to myself I can’t help but rat. I think that if I wasn’t such a blabbermouth period, my reputation would be a lot better. I never kept anything I did a secret, I always told somebody eventually.
“Why did you tell? Were they bothering you?” Taysia asked, not hiding the disdain in her voice.
“Who all did snitch on? Like, who were the ones drinking?” Nini asked from her bed.
“Harmony, Hank, Joquil, a few other guys, and Ciro and his girlfriend, Iggi. They were drinking on the bus.”
“So you ratted all of them out?” Kara asked, sounding just as disdainful as Taysia.
“I just wanted to protect myself and make it so we could have more trips. I didn’t want people getting our trips taken away from us because they wanted to drink.” I lied, if there was one thing I did keep secret, it was always what went on in my mind. What I did was one thing but I never told my true thoughts to anyone.
“Do people know you told?” Nini asked.
I just nodded.
“You know it’s gonna be some shit for you now, right?” Taysia said with a shake of her head, “And I wouldn’t blame any of them either. You brought everything on yourself for that snitching bull.”
I was more than fully aware of that. After the outburst from Iggi on the pathway, Harmony gave me an earful that I barely escaped when I had got inside the dorm. At that point I didn’t really need anybody to tell me that things were far from over. I knew what I had set myself up for.
“Hey, what’s that stuff on your pants by the way?” Taysia pointed at the small white splotches that were sprinkled across my right thigh.
I looked down and instantly remembered everything with Barto on the bus, the magic before the hell I flung myself into.
“Oh, that. I gave Barto a tug job on the bus before everyone got on, after Iggi and Ciro jumped off.” I said casually but I felt the corners of my mouth turn up a little.
“What?!!! Nuh-uh.”Taysia cried in disbelief.
“No really, I did. I swear these are his cum stains.” I said turning to her, then jumping off the bed and making my way over to her, pointing at the markings of the magic moment I had with him.
“Don’t bring that shit over here.” She squawked at me, raising her hands in a defensive way, a look of utter nauseated loathing.
“I don’t think it was Barto.” Nini said with a shrug, “I believe that is nut on you, but I don’t think it’s Barto’s. It’s probably one of those nerdy ass niggas here that need some kind of sexual release and knew they can’t get nobody remotely better looking and easier than you.”
“You’re a whore.” Kara all but growled at me.
It’s not like I never heard it before, but it never stopped me from being hurt by it. Sometimes I just heard it so much that the blows started getting softer to me. At times though, I hardly thought it was fair. Taysia was a teen mom, and Nini all but dry humped her boyfriend in the hallways everyday in the education building. Kara was still a virgin, but I think she was still one on the whole “technical” aspect of it. Gosh, even prudish Iggi, though she didn’t lose her virginity until roughly around a year ago has been with another guy on campus besides Ciro. Even if they weren’t having sex, the way they messed around you could tell they were going to eventually. Sure, I wasn’t very picky with who, what, where, how, and all that other stuff. Maybe my track record was considerably longer, but where did they get off judging me when every single girl in the world nowadays was far from pure past the age of puberty?
I finally went back over to my bed, got under my covers, and laid down.
“Then, she not even gonna take the damn pants off.” Taysia said, I could tell from her tone that her lips were curled, “Just fucking nasty.”
I just pulled the covers over my head and tried to drown out everything that happened in the last few hours by only thinking about what tonight so special. I really wonder what’s going to happen between me and Barto now. I hope our next encounter was just as amazing…
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the third chapter. I'm working on the fourth one as we speak but I probably won't be able to post it until Monday if I don't get out later today. :(