Lost and Found

Lost

Brendon's Point of View

I'm not quite sure how, but I managed to make it from the bus to inside the hotel. Apparently unaware of my actions too, seeing as though my mind draws a blank when I think about the time between being on the tour bus and ending up standing in the middle of the lobby.

Oh, look. There's a different person at the Check In desk today.

I could pass out right now. My muscles hurt, my eyes were plagued with the need for sleep. And I momentarily forgot where I had to go to get to my hotel room. I had skipped out on coffee and any other source of caffeine today. Which was very unlike me. I received some very strange and questioning looks from just about everyone I came into contact to. Especially Ryan. But I didn't need the boost to my body at the expense of my mind. Which I wanted to drive a screwdriver into currently.

Once up the elevator, I started down the hall. On my way up to my room, I had to keep setting goals for myself. Just to that door. Just to that picture on the wall. Just to that janitor with the wagon of cleaning supplies. Just a little further.

My entire body sighed in relief when I finally reached the door. Now I just had to open it.

"'Ey! Yo, Brendon!" I turned my head sharply at the unwelcomed and, if I may say, unnecessary shouting. It was Jon.

I blinked. "Yeah?" I asked him, confused. It took so much energy to muster that reply. Jon just had to interupt my tunnel vision to my bed, with the sheets invisibly tainted with remnants of thoughts of Ryan.

"We're gonna watch a movie in one of the theater rooms. You gotta come." I blinked again, a bit of rebellion stirring in my stomach at what seemed like an order. I could feel a wave of nausea mixed in there at the thought of having to spend more time with the person I was trying to hide from. But I really needed to at least do something I normally would since I'd been so not myself today. Regretfully agreeing with my own logic, regardless how fucked up it may be, I sighed and told Jon I'd be there after I took a shower.

I put my duffle against the wall right inside the door once I entered and avoided looking at the bed as I quickly made my way to the shower. I wished I didn't need a shower and could just go watch the movie now, as to eliminate the temptation of just locking the door and staying in my room. I had to be careful. I questioned whether or not I should go when I heard the sound of the door closing and initiating solitude. My mind is very impressionable.

Being the indecisive person I am, I switched between making the water hot and cold in the shower. I'm not quite sure whether or not I was trying to wake myself up or procrastinating. I'm just going to say both.

I put on some comfy pajamas, which is something I would normally do. I like to walk around hotels with my PJ's on. I combed my hair with my fingers and grabbed my cell, checking the time and making sure I had no missed calls or anything. I locked my door and turned to leave but then realized I had no idea where I was going. How smart of me to ask where the hell the theater room is.

Shaking my head at myself and thinking about how sick I was of feeling so trapped by my own emotions, I found myself at Ryan's door. I didn't know the way to the theater room and I didn't feel like calling Spencer or Jon. I figured I'd be courteous and stop by to see if Ryan had left yet. I think.

After pensively raising my hand to knock a few times, I lightly tapped on his door with my knucles. I could faintly hear a voice behind the door, but I didn't know what was said. Any thought of what it might be vanished as I met Ryan's face, tilted to the side as hr dried with hair with a towel. He was wearing black skinny jeans with no top. I shouldn't of come here.

"Hi," he smiled, his voice displaying his surprise for seeing me.

"Hey," I replied, trying to sound as casual as possible. "I was uh, just coming to see if you had left yet. Jon told me that we're watching a movie in some theater room, but I have no idea where it is." I grinned awkwardly.

Ryan turned around and chuckled, walking over to the end of his bed where a shirt lay, ready when he needed it. I continued to stand outside in the hallway.

Ryan disappeared from sight only to return a moment later without his towel. He slipped the shirt over his head, shaking his hair afterward. He grabbed his phone and keys, stepping out of his door next to me and locking it. Nudging my arm with his elbow, he looked up at me through the strands of hair that were falling in his eyes and said, "Let's go." Apparently he knew where to go, so I followed him as he began his dainty skip down the hall. Well, Ryan doesn't actually skip... but he has this way of walking when he's in a good mood where there's a spring in his step and no matter how fast he's walking, he seems to be gliding.

After catching up to his pace because I had decided to stand and observe his walking patterns, I fell into step with him.

"Did you enjoy your shower?" His question caught me off guard. But what? Did I think that Ryan wasn't going to talk to me during our walk to this theater place thing? God, I really am not myself.

"Um, yeah..." I mumbled as a reply, my eyes to my shoes. "Showers feel different after shows than they normally do. Or maybe I'm just weird," I continued, trying to fill up some time.

He chuckled again. "I'd have to agree with you. And you are weird," he mused.

Smirking, I emitted a chuckle myself. The way he said that...

We turned at another corner where there was a sign over a door that read, 'Theater Room 2'.

"Where the hell is 'Theater Room 1'?" I asked, using one of my weird voices and making quotations in the air. "Why didn't we get number one?!" I pretended to make a big deal out of the room number. Ryan stood, his mouth silent but his body doing a terrible job at concealing his laughter.

"Bren, what the fuck?" he managed through laughter.

"We get done a concert and wanna watch a movie and we get room TWO?!" I declared, putting my hands on my hips. "Come on, Ryan! Don't tell me you don'thaveaproblemwithit!" I finished, my words at the end slurring together in false hyperactivity.

"Did you finally have some caffeine?" Ryan asked, his laughter leaving his eyes before fading from his lips gradually.

I huffed. "That has nothing to do with it!"

Another smile broke out on his face before he turned to the door and opened it, holding it open for me. It took me a couple seconds to realize what he was doing.

"Oh," I smiled thankfully. "Thank you, Ryan. And thank you for finding the way to this THEATER ROOM TWO!" I waved my hands dramatically.

Ryan only shook his head. "Yeah, yeah..."

A handful of popcorn greeted my face, followed by a hand wave from Jon.

"Jon, not again," Spencer warned from next to him. "It's bad enough you left Brendon to pick up the cereal a couple days ago." Oh, God. That day. I felt like I was in interrogation.

"It took you two forever," Jon informed us.

Ryan and I both started talking at the same time.

"Ryan was drying his--"

"Brendon didn't know where--"

We stopped and looked at each other.

Spencer smiled with some sort of creepy recognition. "Brendon didn't know where to to go." Thanks for stating the obvious there, Spence. "How come you didn't call Jon and yell at him for not giving you directions?"

Why do I feel like Spencer is reading more into this than there is?

"Because he just felt the need to use me as a personal GPS unit," Ryan answered before I could say anything. Spencer gave a nod and Jon laughed. My eyes moved to Ryan as my mind raced with anxiety over the tone he used when he said that. Was he accusing me of using him?

Ryan relaxed into his seat and Jon raised the remote to the screen. I closed my eyes and sighed.

Why'd I agree to come here?
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been forever... don't kill me. *puppy dog eyes*

This is a bit of a filler, but it's necessary.

Comment please!