Status: Feedback makes me update faster!

Passenger Seat

And do you dream of me when the lights go down

Oli and Amanda came into the bakery the morning I was set to leave to the cabin with Niall, Eleanor and Louis.

“Hey! What are you two doing in town?” I asked as I greeted both of them in a hug.

“Doing some vocals on the new You Me At Six record so we stayed the night,” Oli said.

Amanda, with her eyes glued to glass case of pastries, said, “And I couldn’t leave London without having something amazing from your bakery!”

I laughed, “Well anything you guys want, you can have.”

“I really want a croissant… or two,” Amanda said.

“Is it too early for a cupcake?” Oli smirked.

“It’s never too early for a cupcake!” I started pulling out a few croissants and a few cupcakes for them.

“So, we also came in to ask for a favor,” Amanda said smiling sweet at me.

I eyed the two in front of me, “What…?”

“Well,” Oli started, “What are you doing Tuesday?”

I shrugged, “I’m working until 11am I think, other than that nothing.”

Amanda nudged her boyfriend, “Told you.”

He chuckled, “Well, will you do me a favor and fill in for someone on our video shoot?”

“What?” I squeaked nervously.

“One of the girls that was set to be in it dropped out last minute, and we think you’d be a better replacement anyway!” Amanda said excitedly.

I bit my lip, “I don’t know guys… It’s not… I’m not…”

“Don’t even say you’re not a model because you don’t have to be,” Amanda warned, “You’re gorgeous and you need to say yes! Think of all the doors it’ll open for you.”

“You don’t have to do anything extreme,” Olli added. “All you’ll be doing is wearing a white corset, white bloomers and a cloak, walking dramatically and such. You’re like Angels or whatever.”

“Just us two?”

“No, there’s another girl, Molly. She’s sweet, you’ll like her.”

“I don’t know,” I said again. Thinking about shooting a music video was terrifying.

“Blue will be onset,” Oli tried to smooth over. “She’s taking behind the scene shots for us. Come on, if anything it’ll be an awesome story to tell the kids someday.”

I sighed. Maybe he’s right. And it sounded fun, “Alright. I guess I can do it.”

“Yes!” Amanda jumped up and down.

Oli even looked excited, “Thanks, you’re making my life so much easier right now. I hate having to look for replacements.”

I shrugged, “I can’t say I’ll be any good but I’ll try.”

Amanda scoffed, “You’re such a natural, you’ll be amazing.”

“If you say so,” I chuckled.

“Well we’ll get out of your hair. Need to hit the road anyway,” Oli said, kissing my cheek, “See you Tuesday though, yeah?”

“Yep, I guess so,” I smiled. Amanda pulled me into a massive hug before they both were on their way.

*****

After my shift, I went in the back to my aunt’s office to just spend some time with her.

“It’s like I woke up one day and you weren’t a little girl anymore,” she said in a loving tone. “All of the sudden you’re modeling, and in music videos! And you’ve got this adorable Irish boyfriend, and he jetting you off to America to go to the VMA’s and to see him perform at Madison Square Garden! You’re life is so exciting!”

“Well when you say it all like that, it does seem pretty mental.”

She smiled at me, “I’m so happy for you Ayden. You’ve never let anything bring you down. I used to be so worried about how you’d turn out,” she confessed.

“How could I not be happy when I had an amazing aunt in my life, who was a better mother to me than my own ever was?”

“Oh stop, you’ll make me cry!”

I laughed, “Just stating facts.”

“How are things with you and that lad?”

I blushed and shrugged, “Fine.”

She eyed me, “That’s one massive blush for just ‘fine.’” I bit my lip to try and keep the awkward giggly that was threatening to escape my lips, but it was no use. “Oh god, you’re turning into one of those lovesick giggly birds right before my eyes.”

“I know!” I laughed, “It’s painful for even me!”

She laughed at me for a moment before setting a proud smile on her face, “He makes you really happy doesn’t he?”

“He does,” I replied instantly. I sucked in a breath before slowly letting it out, “I’m in love with him.”

“I knew it!”

I snorted, “You’re just as bad as Blue. She said the same thing when I told her.”

“Have you told him?”

I nodded, “Yeah, right after he told me. He told me by accident,” I laughed, remembering the other night. “He just blurted it out.”

“How adorable.”

“He is,” I nodded. “So when are you going to settle down?” I joked.

She waved me off, immediately changing the subject, “So when are you leaving for the cabin?”

I rolled my eyes at her antics, but let the previous subject drop, “Few hours. We’re leaving once Eleanor gets done with her last class.”

“Going on a couples trip,” she smirked, “Are you sure you and Niall are 20 and not 50?”

“Shut up!” I exclaimed. “You know I’ve always wanted to go on a cabin trip since that One Tree Hill episode with Pete Wentz.”

She rolled her eyes, “You and your American shows.”

“I’m sorry we can’t all devote ourselves to East Enders and Downton Abbey!”

“Hey,” she scolded, “Downton Abbey is a fantastic show!”

I laughed, “Maybe it is. I’m just saying, you can’t mock my teen dramas when you’ve got your own going on!”

She scoffed, “Go on, get out of here! Go pack, and stop bashing great television!”

I laughed at her dramatics. I can see where I get it, “Alright, I’ll see you Monday, yeah?” I got up and kissed her cheek, “Love you auntie.”

“Love you Ayd.”

*****

Niall and I got the back seat of Louis truck. I got comfortable straight away and leaned against the door as I stretched my legs over Niall’s lap. He absentmindedly rubbed patterns into my jean clad legs.

“So what’s new with you Adyen?” Louis asked, glancing at me through the rearview window.

I shrugged, “Not much. I’m uh, gonna be in a music video.”

“What?”

“Really?”

“Yeah,” I said. I looked over at Niall who had a shocked expression on his face.

“That’s awesome babe,” he smiled, “What band?”

“Bring Me The Horizon. Oli and Amanda came into the bakery this morning and asked me.”

Eleanor turned around in her seat, “They’re that hardcore band yeah? The one with the clothing line you’ve modeled for?”

I nodded, “Yeah. I don’t know what song, but we’re supposed to shoot on Tuesday.”

“That’s massive news Ayden!” Louis said brightly, “Congratulations!”

I chuckled, “Thanks. I’m a mess of nerves though.”

Niall reached other and grabbed one of my hands. He rubbed my knuckles soothingly, “Don’t be, you’ll be great.”

“Will you come?” I asked without even thinking.

He cocked his head, “What time is it on Tuesday?”

I shrugged, “I get off at 11.”

“I’ll go with you,” he smiled, “We have a few radio interviews, but we should be done by then.”

I squeezed his hand, “Thank you.” I sat up and kissed him.

“No problem,” he said against my lips, “I love you.”

“You what?!” Louis exclaimed. “No one mentioned you two were on the L-word terms!”

Eleanor smiled back at us, “Ignore him, you guys are cute,” she said before turning back around. Louis started asking obnoxious questions but his girlfriend just turned the radio up over him to drown out his ridiculousness.

I shifted to get more comfortable as I leaned into Niall. I was practically in his lap, with my legs still across his. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and I cuddled into his neck.

“I love you two,” I whispered into his ear before leaving a kiss on his neck below it.

“You guys are so sickening!” Louis bellowed.

Niall and I flipped him off at the same time.

*****

The three hour drive to the cabin was nice. Well, it was more like a 4 hour drive since the lads wanted to stop for snacks and to use the loo like 15 different times. We all had a lot of laughs though, and I could tell this weekend was going to be a lot of fun.

That is, until we got to the actual cabin. We knocked on the door a few times before just walking in after no answer. When we walked in, we realized why.

There was a lot of yelling from Harry and Dakota coming from one of the back bedrooms.

“Since when do they fight?” Louis mused softly.

“I have no idea,” El replied.

Niall rubbed his neck awkwardly, “S’not like them.”

I sighed, I had no input here because I did know about it. At least somewhat, “Well, we should let them know we’re here.”

“I’m not going back there! They’re like bloody screamin’!” Niall said.

Louis agreed, “Yeah, no thanks.”

I exchanged looks with El, “Should we…?” I asked.

She shrugged, “I guess.”

“What are they even yelling about? I can’t even understand half the shit they’re saying,” Louis mumbled as El and I made our way down the hall.

We stopped in front of the door, “Well… do we knock?” El whispered.

I shrugged before reaching my hand up and rapping on the door. The screaming stopped. “Uh, Kota? Harry? We’re here,” I said awkwardly.

There was a long pause before we heard anything, “We’ll be out in a minute,” Kota said through the door.

“Alright,” El said before we made our way back to our boyfriends. “Said they’d be out in a minute.”

“Should we even stay?” Niall asked.

Before anyone could answer him Dakota and Harry came out into the living room. “Sorry about that,” Harry said. They both looked tense and still angry, “We were just… yeah.”

Kota glared at her boyfriends back before plastering a fake smile on her face, “There’s 3 spare rooms, feel free to choose which ones you want. I just put fresh linens on them.”

We all stood and stared at them for a long minute before Louis finally cleared his throat, “Right, well, we’ll go put our stuff away then.”

As we walked by them I tried to give them a comforting smile, but neither of them would meet anyone’s gaze.

“Well this is awkward,” Niall said softly as he put our bags on the floor by the bed.
I shut the door behind me, “Just a bit.”

“It’s weird, I’ve never heard them fight, and that sounded like a huge one.”

I shrugged, “Some people are good at hiding things I suppose.”

He sat on the bed and held out his hand for mine. I reached out to him and he pulled me towards him, in-between his legs. “Can we just stay in here until we go home tomorrow?” he pouted. He looked so freaking adorable doing that.

I ran my fingers through his hair, “Sorry, but no. We’ve gotta go back out there.”

He sighed and rested his head against my stomach, “But I don’t wanna. They’re terrifyingly angry.”

“True, but we can’t leave Louis and El out there alone,” I tried to reason, “And I’m hungry.”

I heard his stomach growl when I said that, “Yeah, me too.”

“Come on,” I chuckled, “Let’s face the music.

*****

The night was thick with tension. Harry and Dakota tried to pretend nothing was wrong while making snide comments and glaring at each other through dinner. Whenever anyone brought it up they’d either change the subject or blatantly deny it.

What was clearly meant to be a fun getaway felt like living hell. I could tell everyone was worried about the pair, but were also frustrated that they wouldn’t admit there was a problem.

Eleanor and I tried talking with Kota when we got her alone but she just brushed us off and went to bed early. I could tell El was hurt by it, she and Dakota were usually really close.

The rest of us stayed up drinking wine and talking. Harry spent most of it brooding into the fireplace, and just all around being a statue. He eventually excused himself to go off to bed too, leaving the four of us behind.

“What the fuck is up with them tonight?” Louis said. “It’s like they’ve gone mad.”

“Maybe they’re just going through something,” El said sadly. “But I don’t know, Kota won’t talk to us,” she glanced up at me.

“All I know is, I’m glad we’re leaving tomorrow. Couldn’t bare another day with them like this,” Niall said as he ran his hand up and down my arm.

After another hour or so we all decided we should go to bed as well.

“I always thought they were the perfect couple you know?” Niall said after we crawled into bed. We were staring at each, practically sharing a pillow, wish his arms around me.

“There’s no such thing as perfect Ni,” I rested my hand on top of his on my bare thigh.

He smirked, “Say’s the girl who’s perfect!”

I scoffed, “I am so far from perfect!”

“Think what you want babe.”

“I will,” I said stubbornly.

He laughed, “You’re so cute when you pretend to be mad.” I stuck my tongue at him causing him to laugh even more.

“Oh shut up,” I said as I grabbed his face and pulled him into a kiss. He moaned softly into my mouth, tugging at my shirt.

Soon, clothes were shed.

*****

I tried to fall asleep after we had sex, but I couldn’t. My body just wouldn’t let me. I hated that I could never sleep at a normal time, it was so inconvenient sometimes.

I sighed in defeat and reached over to check the time on my phone; 2:07. Dammit.

I slowly started to detangle myself from the sleeping boy curled around me. Once I managed to get out of his grasp, I put my shorts and baggy shirt back on and headed out to the kitchen. Maybe some tea would help me sleep.

I quietly padded my way down the hall until I got to the kitchen. When I flicked the light on I nearly jumped out of my skin, “Jesus Harry! You scared the bloody hell out of me!”

He was sitting at the counter with a cup of tea in front of him. He gave me a sad smile, “Sorry. Can’t sleep either?”

I shook my head as I made my way over to where the kettle was, and made myself some tea, “No. I can rarely fall asleep at a normal time.”

“Niall told me that I think,” he said as I made my way over, taking the seat next to him. “Nice shirt,” he remarked.

I looked down at my Ramones shirt, then noticed that he was wearing a different Ramones shirt, “Great minds thing a like,” I smiled.

He smiled too, but it didn’t meet his eyes, “Guess so.”

I sipped my tea and let the silence stretch out around us. I didn’t know what to say to him… I didn’t even know if he wanted me here really, he obviously came out here to be alone.

“I think she broke up with me,” he said, causing me to almost choke on my drink.

I cleared my throat a few times, “What?”

He shrugged, fiddling around with the empty mug in his hands, “When I went in to go to bed she just said that she was done and turned away from me.”

I bit my lip, “What’s going on with you two?”

He sighed, “The shit part about this all is I don’t even know. We just started fighting a few months ago. About everything. Like, everything I do is wrong in her eyes, and in return I nitpick everything she does. It’s an endless cycle.”

“I think you guys just need to talk. Key word on talk.”

He shrugged, “Not much point now if we’re over.”

I looked at him for a moment. He looked utterly gutted. “If you are this distraught about losing her, you’re sure making it easy for her to walk away.”

He finally looked at me then, “Well what am I supposed to do? Isn’t the saying ‘if you really love someone you should let them go’?”

“Yeah but not before you fight for them first! Don’t give up before it’s over.”

“But it is.”

“But it’s not,” I argued.

He ran a hand through his hair, “I don’t even know how to fix this.”

“Tell her how you feel. Tell her you love her, let her something Harry!”

He groaned, “Alright, calm down.”

“Sorry,” I said softly, “I just… I see that you both love each other and are just… off track right now.”

“Well how do we get on track?”

I shrugged as I stood up, “I honestly have no idea.” I placed my empty mug in the sink, “You’ll have to figure it out with your bird Harry.”

He nodded, “Yeah, I guess you’re right. Thanks.”

“Don’t mention it. I’m gonna try and go to bed now I think.”

He smiled softly at me, “Alright. Night Ayd.”

“Good night Harry,” I said as I started to walk out of the kitchen.

“Ayden,” he called after me.

I turned back, “Yeah?”

“You can call me Hazza you know,” he smiled. “All my friends do.”

I smiled as a warm, happy feeling spread through me, “Okay. Goodnight Hazza.

He chuckled, “Night.”

I made my way back to the room Niall and I were sharing, shutting the door softly behind me. Niall had hardly moved since I left.

I softly made my way back into the bed next to him. When I was comfortable, I sighed contently, willing sleep to take over. Niall stirred a bit, wrapping his arms around me, securing me to him, “Where’d you go?”

“Kitchen for tea,” I said reaching up to leave a kiss on his jaw, “couldn’t sleep.”

“Oh,” he sighed out sleepily. I knew he was practically in dream land again already.

I wrapped my own arms around him, snuggling into his chest a little me and let his heartbeat lull me to sleep
♠ ♠ ♠
this chapter was basically a set up chapter for all of what's to come (and there's a lot coming)
I've got big plans for this story, and i'm even thinking about a sequel!

please don't be a silent reader!

and on a side note, i really love my new job. front desk at a hotel is so much fun. just a bit stressful trying to learn everything!