Status: Feedback makes me update faster!

Passenger Seat

The worst is over, you can have the best of me

“I’ve gotta go to Ireland for a few days,” Niall told me a few days ago, “So I won’t be home when the rest of the lads get back.”

“Oh, okay,” I was bummed.

“That okay?” what was I supposed to say? It sucks that I’ll have to wait 5 extra days to see him, but I couldn’t make him feel bad about going home.

“Yeah, it’s fine,” the tone of my voice gave me away though.

He sighed thought he phone, “I’m sorry. I forgot about my cousin’s christening. I have to be there.”

“No, I get it, its fine. I just miss you, you know?” I tried to make my voice sound more upbeat, “Have fun yeah? I’ll just see you in another week.”

“I love you,” he said.

I smiled, “I love you too.”

That was 4 days ago. The rest of the boys had come back last night, not that I have seen any of them yet. So I still had 4 days until I would see Niall.

All I’ve been doing the past few days is working and driving. Blue was out of town with Max for the next week so the flats been real quiet. Today was my day off and I was pretty much just relaxing and watching movies.

I smiled when my phone started ringing Niall’s ringtone- ‘Passenger Seat.’ “Hey,” I answered, “How are things in Millingar?”

“They’re alright. I’m going out with some friends tonight,” he said, and I heard him yawn.

I chuckled, “You sound tired, did you go out last night too?”

There was a slight pause, “Maaaybe.” He sighed, “I miss you.”

“I miss you too. With you and Blue both gone I’m bored.”

“I’ll be back in a few days,” he promised. “I gave Haz your number. He’s been a bit down so I told him he should call you.”

“Oh, okay cool,” I guess I could get behind the idea of hanging out with Harry.

“It’ll fuel the ‘love triangle’ rumor, it’ll be fun,” he laughed.

I scoffed, “That’s just what I want, more rumors,” I rolled my eyes.

“Just stay off the internet babe.”

People were still going on about my modeling pictures, and just giving me a lot of shit in general for being with Niall. The guys and girls (especially Perrie) have been giving me a lot of advice and support with dealing with it.

“Yeah, well I used to enjoy twitter and tumblr. You know, before I was a trending topic. This is your fault,” I accused.

“Would it make you feel better if I told you I loved you?” I could hear the smile in his voice.

I sighed dramatically, “Only a little bit I guess.”

“You love me,” he stated in a snarky tone.

“It’s true, I do,” I agreed, “For some reason.”

“Hey!”

I laughed, “So when’s the christening?”

“Wednesday, so 2 days from now.”

“And then you come home two days after that?”

“That’s the plan,” he chuckled, “You picking me up from the airport?”

“Yeah if you want me too.”

He scoffed, “Why wouldn’t I want you too?”

“It was a rhetorical question you twat,” I laughed.

“Yeah, yeah,” he sighed contently, “I think I’m gonna take a nap.”

“Otay, well sleep well.”

“Thanks. I’ll call you before I go out yeah?”

“Sure. I love you.”

“I love you too.”

*****

A few hours later, sure enough I got a call from Harry. And that’s how I found myself at his house.
“Nice Ramones shirt,” I said sarcastically when he opened the door.

He scoffed, “Oi, what’s wrong with The Ramones?” He guided me into the living room.

“Nothing, if you own any of their albums.”

He flopped down on the couch giving me the evil eye, “I do have one of their albums.”

I pointed accusingly at him, “A greatest hits CD doesn’t count!” He was silent, “That’s what I thought,” I laughed. I sat down next to him and really got a good look at him. He looked tired, well exhausted honestly, “You okay kid?”

He smirked at me before grabbing the remote and turning the tellie on, “Sure.”

I rolled my eyes, “You don’t have to lie, I can see how not okay you are on your face.” He shot me a surprised look before turning back to flipping channels. “Well I’m not gonna make you talk about it, but if you do you let me know.”

There was a long paused as I turned to the tellie. “Thanks,” he said finally. I just nodded in response as I watched as he stopped the channel on an old Doctor Who episode.

We sat watching the show for a little bit before I couldn’t stand it anymore, “Harry, you really invited me over to hang out to watch Doctor Who, when we both know neither of us actually watches this show?”

He shrugged, “Didn’t want to spend a night in alone.”

I sighed, “You know what we need?” he looked at me expectantly, “We need music. New music.”

“Okay,” he said slowly… well slower than Harry usually is.

I stood up, “Come on, I’m taking you to my favorite record store. It’s at the edge of town, so there shouldn’t be so many fans there to spot you.” He still hadn’t moved off the couch, “Get up Harold! I may even buy you an album or two to get you out of this funk you don’t want to talk about.”

He rolled his eyes, but smiled, “Fine. Let’s go.”

“Can we take your car?”

He shrugged, “I guess.”

“Can I drive?” I beamed.

He gave me a long look before sighing in defeat, “Fine, if you must,” he said handing over the keys.

*****

“What do you mean ‘Stairways, Here We Come’ is the best Smiths album?” I exclaimed. “I’m sorry Harry but you’ve gone mental because their best album is ‘The World Won’t Listen,’ because it has ‘Asleep’ and ‘Unlovable’ on it!”

He scoffed at me as he held up ‘Stairways, Here We Come,’ “No Ayden. You are so wrong it almost hurts me. Have you heard ‘Stop Me If You’ve Heard This One Before’? Because it’s genius!”

“No,” I shook my head, “You are the wrong one here.” We had been at the record store for about 20 minutes now, and we were fine until we came across The Smiths’ section, then it all went to shit. I pulled out ‘The World Won’t Listen,’ “Have you even listened to this one?”

He grabbed the CD from my hands and looked at the back, “I’ve heard like 3 of these songs.”

“Oh no,” I said grabbing it back from him, “That is just not okay. I’m buying you this so you can see that I am right and you my friend, are completely and totally wrong.

“Whatever,” he rolled his eyes at me, putting the CD he still had in his hands back as we shuffled down the aisle more.

“I’m also getting you a real Ramones album. None of this ‘Greatest Hits’ nonsense!”

“Fine,” he shot, “But then I’m buying you a Connor Maynard album.”

I stopped short, “I’m buying you two epic albums and you repay me with that? I thought we were friends!”

“Would you prefer Miley Cyrus?”

I pulled a face, “No thanks.” I looked down at the CD’s again, looking through the rest of the section when I came across a familiar face. “So,” I dragged out, “What’s going on with you and Miss Swift?”

I noticed from the corner of my eye that Harry had froze in mid grab for a CD, “Depends on why you’re asking I guess,” he dragged out.

I shrugged, “I’m asking because we’re friends. No ulterior motives, you know that.”

“I know,” he nodded, “It’s just like… you’re friends with Kota, I don’t want to put you in an awkward spot, yeah?”

“It’s not awkward for me,” I promised. “Yeah I love Kota, and I think you two should be together, but that doesn’t mean I’m against you trying to move on since she’s being odd.”

I saw him bit his lip as he stared down at the CD’s, lost in thought, “Taylor and I are just talking I guess. I don’t know. I’m not really ready to jump into anything but she’s lovely to talk too.”

I nodded, sifting through The Starting Line’s section, looking for another copy of ‘Say It Like You Mean It’ since mine was scratched to hell from over play. “Well, just be careful, yeah?”

He sent me a confused glance, “Why do you say that?”

“I don’t know her,” I said shrugging, “And I’m not one to judge, but just don’t let her turn you into her next album Harry. Watch your back.”

He didn’t say anything for a long moment, “You know, Louis said the same thing when I told him we were talking.”

“Great minds think alike yeah?”

He chuckled, “I guess so. Thanks though, for caring enough to say that.”

I bumped my shoulder into his, “No problem. You’re like that annoying little brother I never had.”

“Gee thanks, you tosser!”

I reached up and ruffled his hair, “No problem!”

*****

Harry and I spend a few more hours just hanging out. After we bought a ridiculous amount of CD’s we went out to dinner. Sadly, we weren’t able to avoid fans and the paparazzi for very long and were spotted on our way to get food.

We ignored the rude shouts from the photographers, but the fans seemed nice enough. Most of them ignored me for Harry, which I was more than grateful for. I liked it better when no one paid me any attention.

I didn’t get home until close to midnight, and all I wanted was to talk to Niall. He was out with his friends though and I didn’t want to disturb him so I just sent him a quick text before I tried to settle in for the night and watch a film.

It didn’t last too long though, I felt restless. So I hopped in my car, and put The Starting Line in and cranked the volume up and went for a drive.

As usual, I found my way to the lookout spot and leaned my seat back and looked out at the night sky through the windshield. It was actually a pretty nice night weather wise for London, so all my windows were down and I sang obnoxiously to all the lyrics I grew up with.

Around 2 in the morning, when I was trying to decide if I should drive home or not, Niall called me. “Where are you?” he asked.

“At the cliff listening to music. I couldn’t sit in my empty flat.”

“Oh,” I heard him hiccup, “I’m a bit pissed.”

I giggled, “I can tell. You having fun?”

“Yeah. On our way home now. The lads are making fun of me for calling you.” When he mentioned that I could hear a few voices in the background and laughter, “They’re just jealous. Dunno what being in loves like.” There was a slight slur to his words which just made me smile.

I chuckled, “Well drive safe yeah? Someone sober has the keys I hope.”

“Course,” he scoffed. “We’re drunk not stupid,” I could hear the smile in his voice. “I love you Ayden. So, so much,” he sing-songed.

My heart did flip flops, “I love you too popstar.”

“You haven’t called me that in awhile,” he mused.

“I’ll make a habit of doing it more.” He just hummed in response. “I think I’m going to drive home now. Hopefully get some sleep.”

He let out a loud burp, “Sorry. Text me to let me know you got home alright?”

I smiled, “I will. You do the same for me, yeah?”

“Yeah. I love you,” I heard catcalls and mocking coming from the background, which caused me to giggle.

“I love you too Nialler. See you soon.”

“I can’t wait.”
♠ ♠ ♠
filler, sorry.

i'm seeing Little Mix tomorrow. fangirling all over. trying to win meet and greet, but it probably won't happen. oh well, still get to see them perform 2 songs, wooooo