Status: Feedback makes me update faster!

Passenger Seat

I don't know about you, i'm i'm feelin LIKE T.SWIFT IS A BITCH!

The next time I saw Harry was backstage at Jingle Ball. He’d spent all his free time with Taylor, and even the lads didn’t see him until rehearsals earlier in the day.

When I had tried to talk to him, he completely shut me down, “I’m not mad Ayden, I just don’t want to talk about it right now,” he had said before walking to the other side of the green room to have Lou fix his hair. I decided to just let it go, give him time to cool off. So I went to the suite where the rest of the girls were to watch the show before the lads went on.

The concert was a lot of fun. I loved concerts with a massive amount of artists.

Before the lads went on, we all went back to their green room to see them off and give them our good lucks (not like they needed them). Harry didn’t really talk to anyone, he was in his own world with Taylor in the corner. “You having fun?” Niall asked as he pulled me into him.

I smiled up at him, getting lost in his blue eyes, “Yes, thanks. Thanks for inviting me on this trip.”

He scoffed, “Of course, I wanted my girl by my side for this. It’s a massive deal.”

“Well I’m glad,” I laughed. “And thanks for inviting Blue,” I said as I glanced over at my best friend who was in a conversation with Louis and Perrie.

He kissed my neck, God I loved when he did that, “I figured you’d want to share it with her too. And I enjoy her company. Though she and Louis in the same room is a bit mental.”

“You noticed too?” I smirked.

“Ten minutes guys!” some guy with a headset yelled into the room. At that, we all started saying our goodbyes and good lucks before we started heading out of the room and back to our suite. On my way out, I was stopped by Jack and Rian from All Time Low, who had also played tonight. The others kept going, leaving me behind as I quickly talked with them. I’d only met them a few times, but they’d always seemed to remember me, which I being a huge fan of theirs, I loved.

After a quick chat they headed off and I started to make my way down the hall. “I really don’t like you,” I heard from behind me. Before I even turned around I knew it was Taylor Swift. At this point I knew her voice anywhere.

I shrugged as I turned to her, “That’s fine. The feelings mutual babe.”

She scoffed, “I don’t know what your plan is, but it won’t work.”

“What are you even talking about?”

“Look,” she snapped, “I get what I want. I’ve proved that by getting Harry. So if you get on my bad side, I can ruin you.” She was doing that squinty eye thing with her smile.

What the fuck was she even babbling on about? “Yeah, whatever you say.”

I went to turn around but she spoke again, “You think you belong here? I don’t know Niall very well, but even I know he must be going through some faze to be dating you.”

“What the fuck does that mean?” I was really pissed now.

She shrugged, sending me a smile, “You guys are too different for anything to work. You don’t belong in this life. You aren’t like the other girlfriends, you have no style. You’re like a grunge model or something. It looks bad on all of them. Niall should be dating a model or someone like Demi wouldn’t you say?”

I rolled my eyes, “Are you trying to threaten me or something? Because you’re doing a shit job.”

“It’s just a friendly warning. If you interfere with Harry and me again, I’ll end it all for you. One call to their management and you’re relationship with Niall is over.”

The way she said that stirred something inside of me. It was like she was laying everything out in front of me to see, yet I couldn’t read it. “I know most people walk on eggshells around you, but I’m not. You can do whatever the fuck you want Taylor, I don’t care. But I’m not going to hold my tongue when you say things to piss me off or hurt my friends,” I seethed before turning around and walking away from her.

“Just thought I’d warn you,” she called after me. “I always get what I want. Just ask your friend Dakota.”

I froze when she said that. I turned, but she was already gone, back down another hallway. I went to turn back again, but the bathroom door opened in front of me and Zayn stepped out, “What the fuck did she mean by that?” his eyes were blazing.

I shrugged, “I don’t know, but I’m going to find out.”

“I’m with you.”

“Zayn!” Liam called down the hallway, “We’re on in 30 seconds, come on!”

He glanced down the hall then back to me, “When we get back to London, we’re figuring this out.”

I nodded, “Alright.” I grabbed his arm before he could take off down the hallway, “Don’t say anything about this to anyone. At least not yet.”

He nodded and kissed my cheek, “Don’t listen to a word she says Ayden.”

I wasn’t sure which part he was talking about but all I did was nod as he ran down the hallway.

*****

The rest of the concert I was completely distracted. I couldn’t focus, I kept thinking of everything Taylor said. It was like she attacked all the secret insecurities I had. I did think I didn’t belong in this life with these people. I did think my lifestyle reflected negatively on their reputation.

I don’t know if anyone else noticed I was off during the show, but Blue did. She kept sending me concerned looks, which read to me that she was asking what was wrong. I just kept shaking my head, letting her know not to worry.

After the show, we were all literally ushered to a car and driven to the airport.

“What’s up with you?” Blue asked, pulling me away from the rest of the group. We were waiting to board the plane so everyone was all lounging in seats.

“Nothing.”

“Bullshit,” she whispered. “I know you better than anyone else on this planet, I can tell when something’s up.”

I sighed, “I’m fine Blue. Just having an off night.”

“Is it because Harry’s being a twat and wouldn’t talk to you.

No, that wasn’t it, not entirely, but I silently thanked her for giving me a good excuse, “Yeah I guess. I’m just irritated.”

She smiled comfortingly, “Well he’ll get over it. He’ll talk to you when he gets back to London.”

I nodded, “Yeah, you’re right.”

“Come on,” she said walking back to the group, “Your boyfriend is falling asleep on himself.”

She was right. I tried to contain my laughter while looking over at him. Niall was sat upright in the seat, but his chin was down against his chest. His neck would be killing his if he stayed like that too long. I took the seat next to him, “Babe, if you sleep like that you’ll get a kink in your neck.”

He sat up, blinking the sleep from his eyes, “Sorry. I’m knackered.”

I smiled and pulled him down so he was lying across my lap, with his legs hanging off the side of the seat. “You can lay on me til we bored.”

“Thanks love,” he said with his eyes already closed.

I ran my fingers through his hair absent mindedly. I wanted to tell him about my encounter with Taylor, but I knew that wouldn’t do anything but piss him off. Plus I wanted to handle it myself. Well, with Zayn too, I guess. I glanced over and he caught my eye. Perrie was leaning against his shoulder with her eyes closed. He nodded at me, sending me a small smile. It was like we shared this massive secret. Well I guess we kind of did. It’d be a bit comical if it wasn’t so fucked up.

Niall pulled me out of my thoughts by reached down and pulling my hand from where it sat against his stomach to kiss across my knuckles. “You okay? You look distracted.”

I smiled down at him, “Yeah just tired.”

“I can’t wait to get on this plan so we can just sleep.” He reached up and ran his hand down my face affectionately. The caress made me blush. It felt almost to intimate to do in the middle of an airport.

After about 20 minutes we were finally able to board the plane. Blue was all giddy because she had never flown first class, and she was excited she got two seats to herself (since Harry wasn’t flying with us) so she could lay out.

I sat in the aisle seat while Niall relaxed against the wall of the plane. We reclined out seats and put up the middle armrest and I leaned against him, his arm securely locking me against him. I think we both fell asleep before we even took off.

*****

I slept on and off through the plane ride. When I was awake, I jumped between sitting next to Blue, where we just talked and laughed about nothing, and sitting next to Niall, who pretty much slept the entire time.

We landed at 3pm London time. We were all met with tons of fans. Some of them booed which was weird. I don’t know if it was because we didn’t stop or what, but Louis was having none of that and freely flipped them the bird (which caused a whole twitter/tumblr debate later).

“Come back to mine,” Niall said once we were in the car to drive us home.

I was about to answer when Blue leaned over to us, “Max is coming over if that helps you make that decision,” she winked.

I chuckled lightly, “Okay, I’ll come to yours.”

“Not like you haven’t taken over half my closet,” he responded cheekily.

I scoffed, “Oh I’m sorry, have you not completely taken over my dresser?”

“I may have,” he shrugged.

“You guys are sickening!” Louis said turning around in his seat.

I rolled my eyes, “Says the guy who had a panic room built in his house for his bird!” Eleanor laughed at that.

Louis rolled his eyes dramatically, “When the zombie apocalypse happens, you’ll be glad I have that!”

“Wait, you have a real panic room” Blue said jumping in the conversation.

He nodded, “Yeah. Can’t be too careful when you’re as famous as I am.”

“So modest babe,” El interjected.

“Can I see it sometime?” Blue asked. I laughed at her excitement.

“Of course! We can have a panic room party!”

“Doesn’t that defeat the purpose of it?” Niall scoffed.

Louis pointed accusing at him, “No one asked you!”

Niall and I got dropped off first. We lugged our bags up to his flat then both collapsed on his bed.

“I know I slept most of the flight bit I’m still tired.”

“So am I,” I agreed.

He sat up slowly, “I’m hungry. You want some frozen pizza?”

“Ever the gourmet chef!”

He glared at me, “Should I take that as a no?”

“No, no! I want some!”

He smirked and pulled me off the bed with him, “Come on then. Keep me company.”

We walked into the kitchen and I sat up on the counter as he turned the oven on and let it preheat while he opened the pizza. He startled chuckling, “What?” I asked.

“Remember when we first had frozen pizza together?”

I scoffed, “Yeah, I asked you to get one and you came back with like 5.”

“You were so pissed that I wouldn’t let you pay me back for them.”

“Because I didn’t want you to think I was friends with you for your money.”

He barked out a laugh, “Because paying for frozen pizzas would give me that idea.”

I shrugged, “I didn’t know your life!”

He walked over and placed himself between my legs, “That seems like so long ago.”

“I know,” I wrapped my arms around his neck. “So you know… since you’re loaded and everything… what are you getting me for Christmas?” I joked.

He laughed and leaned into me more, pulling my hips so I was right against him, “So much for not being with me for the money.”

“That was before we were sleeping together.”

“Oh, now I get it!” Our laughter was lost in each other’s mouths as he placed is lips on mine. I instantly opened my mouth to him to let him deepen the kiss. His hands squeezed into my hips trying to pull me closer, but it wasn’t really possible. I locked my legs around him, hooking my feet together.

His hands moved up, pushing my shirt up with them- then the oven went off. I pulled away abruptly, “Ovens ready.”

He looked at me shocked, “You don’t say?” he said sarcastically. He went to put the pizza in and I hopped off the counter and ventured into the living room where I fell across the couch.

Within seconds Niall was falling down on top of me, “Pizza will be ready in 20 minutes.”

“Awsome.”

He scooted up so he was eyelevel with me, “So, where’d we leave off in the kitchen?”

“Right about here,” I said as I traced my finger across his lover lip. He nipped at it playfully, “Oi!”

He laughed, “Come here,” he said before his lips were on mine again.

His hands went up my shirt again, and he sat up to pull it off, “Niall,” I said once he chucked it to the floor, “20 minutes isn’t a very long time.”

He sat up on his knees as he straddled me, “There’s enough time for foreplay.” He reached down and popped the button of my jeans, unzipping them slowly.

*****

The next day at the bakery Blue and I excitedly told my aunt all about New York and the concerts. I mean, between selling pastries and baked goods, we almost never stopped talking!

Aunt Jenny also told us about how she and William were getting along. I’d never seen her like this over a guy. Maybe it’s because they were childhood friends? But I was so happy for her.

When I got off work at one, I headed over to Zayn’s because he’d told me to come over so we could talk about the Taylor situation.

He wasted no time jumping into it, “So what do you think she meant by all that?” he asked as we sat on his couch.

I shrugged, “I have no idea. I think maybe she was just spouting out stories to try and scare me. But she did a terrible job.”

He shook his head, “Do you think she got to Kota somehow? Maybe bullied her into breaking up with Haz?”

I hadn’t even though about that, “It sounds a bit farfetched. I mean how would Taylor even get in contact with Kota? Twitter? We’d all know then.”

“There has to be something. I don’t just think she was making things up to get at you. Dakota’s been acting weird for months. Something’s happened. I know her, I’ve known her most of my life. Something had to have pushed her over the edge. She wouldn’t just drive back into partying on a whim.”

He looked really distraught about the whole thing. I reached over and grabbed his hand comfortingly, “How is she?”

“She’s seeing a therapist again.” He shrugged, “She’s also going to group sessions. Kind of like AA, but not as obvious. She doesn’t want word getting out and having it in the press.” Zayn put his face in his hands and groaned, “This is my fault. I brought her into this life, I introduced her to Harry. If it wasn’t or me, she’d be fine.”

“Hey, whoa. Zayn, this isn’t your fault. Look at me,” I demanded. He glanced up at me, “She’s human Zayn. People make mistakes. Maybe she’s had a relapse, it happens.” He went to say something but I cut him off, “Or maybe something’s happened. Maybe Taylor did do something. But we don’t have any proof. The only person that would know, is Kota.”

“I can’t get her to talk to me,” he said sadly.

“Well, try easing her into it. Spend time with her without asking what happened. You’re one of her oldest friends, yeah? She’ll have to crack eventually.”

He smiled a bit, “Suffocate her with my love?”

“Exactly!”

He ran his hand through his hair, roughing it up a bit, “Did you tell Niall about it?”

“No,” I shook my head. “It’d just anger him, and why bother? She’s full of crap.”

“I saw your face after she spoke to you, I know it hurt.”

I sighed, “So maybe she pointed out some of my insecurities, but it’s whatever.”

“Ayden. Nothing she said about you and Niall, or even about us, is true. You don’t reflect badly on us, and you belong in our little family just as much as any one of us does. So you like rock music and going to metal shows? If it was easy to go to concerts, we’d all be doing the same. Especially Harry; you do have similar music taste, so she’s a fucking hypocrite.”

I laughed at that, “Thanks.”

He smiled, “You’re welcome. But I’m serious, don’t let what she or anyone say doubt you.”

“I won’t. I promise.”
♠ ♠ ♠
2 updates in 2 days! i'm on a roll!
idk if any of you caught that, but the title is a rip from "22" by Taylor Swift. my friend sang it like that the other day and i was dying (i may have been intoxicated).

so i think they're only about 5-ish chapters of this left.
but then i'm gonna start the sequel.
then after that... who knows.

thanks for all the feedback on the last chapters. helped give me ideas for this one! love you all!