Status: Finished :D

Stay Away from My Friends

Vic

I woke up to the sound of Emma humming. I must have drifted off on the couch.
Emma was in the kitchen cooking something. It smelled good. I would have at least sat up but it hurt my torso to even try. I just laid back down and waited for Emma to come check on me, knowing she would.
She walked over to the couch-while still humming-and knelt down beside the couch to check on me.
She smiled at me, "You're up."
I smiled back, "I'm aware."
She smiled again and kissed me on the lips. Her soft lips against my lips felt so great, I wanted to touch her hair, but the only way I could do that would be using my left hand, and I broke that wrist.
"How are you feeling?" she asked.
"Better," I answered.
"You say that every time I ask you!" she whined.
"Alright, fine, my torso hurts a bit, and my wrist, too. Happy?"
Emma nodded, "Do you want to take a pain killer?"
I shook my head, "I'll be fine. What are you cooking?"
"Spaghetti."
"Yum!"
"Yeah, I'm just waiting for the water to boil so I can make the noodles, I'm almost done with the sauce. I'm making a homemade recipe! My mom may be a bitch but she's a great cook!"
I laughed, kissing Emma's nose. She giggled and I smiled.
"I'm gonna check on the water," she said, getting up to go to the kitchen.
Emma started humming again. I like the sound of her humming, it's always a happy tune.
She walked back to the couch and sat by me, "It's not boiling yet. Water takes forever to boil."
She bent down and kissed me, laying down next to me. She smiled, her face close to mine. I smiled back, kissing her. She laid her arm on me, her fingertips barely touching my hips.
She's such a pretty girl, and she's all mine.
She sighed.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"My mom called me," she answered, "She said that Elizabeth and Nicole told her that I stayed in LA," she paused.
"And?"
"She said it's a stupid idea and that you're just," she paused again.
"I'm just what?" I asked, already a little offended.
"She said you're just using me for sex like every other guy in a band," she looked down.
"You know that's not true," I said, giving her a stern look, "You know that I love you for way more than that."
She started to cry.
"You're beautiful, Emma. You're funny, you sing great, you're optimistic, you're a great artist. I love you for all that," I held her close to me with my left arm, it hurt a little, but I didn't care, I wanted her to feel loved.
"I'm gonna check on the water again," she said, getting off the couch.
I'm guessing it's boiling because she stayed in the kitchen for a little over five minutes.
After a few minutes the food was done and Emma came back with our plates. She knelt down beside the couch and placed the plate next to me on the couch. At first I was confused but then I realized what she was doing.
"You really don't have to do that," I stated.
She shushed me, winding spaghetti noodles on a fork.
"You really don't have to feed me," I repeated, embarrassment taking over.
Emma shushed me again while smiling and put the food up to my mouth, "Here comes the train!" she laughed.
I laughed too and opened my mouth, she put the food in it and I took a bite.
"That's good spaghetti," I complimented.
"Thanks, family recipe."
After more bites of being fed like a baby the food was gone and we found ourselves lying on the couch together, spooning. Things were peaceful, I liked having her back against my body. Until an unsuspected pain in my torso took action. I winced.
Emma turned around instantly, facing me, "What's wrong?"
"Nothing," I lied.
She got up and went to the kitchen. She came back holding a glass of water and a pill.
"No baby, I don't need it," I protested.
She gave me puppy dog eyes. "Vic, I can tell you're hurting. I hate to see you like this. Please. If not for you then for me," she begged.
I rolled my eyes and held out my hand for her to drop the pill in and I took the glass of water. I took a sip of the water and popped the pill in my mouth and swallowed. It left a bitter taste in my mouth, and I scrunched up my face. Emma laughed and crawled back on the couch with me. I wrapped my arm around her, tolerating the pain. She snuggled her head into my hand and kissed it.
"Happy?" I asked.
She nodded.
"Good, I want to make you happy," I said, kissing her cheek.
She giggled, then said, "I have to go to the little girl's room," then got up to leave.
The pill didn't only put a bitter taste in my mouth, but a bitter feeling in my stomach. I groaned. I didn't want Emma to know. I just want to make her happy.
She came back from the bathroom and laid back down with me.
My stomach started hurting again and I moved uncomfortably.
"Are you okay?" Emma asked, facing away from me.
"Yeah," I lied.
She nodded, still unsure about me.
I kissed her cheek again, trying to act happy. But the pain was too much. I got up and walked to the bathroom-with much pain and Emma offering help-and leaned on the counter. I hugged my stomach area and groaned a little. I didn't want Emma to see, so I sucked it up and walked back to the couch, taking my usual place behind Emma.
"You okay?" she asked again.
"Yes darling, I'm fine."
I love Emma like crazy, and her constant caring just makes me love her more.
I kissed her cheek and she turned her head and kissed my lips.